Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s really not a big deal… very easy to pop off.
So you can just pop off only the kick panel grille to replace the speaker? Don't need to do all the trim? Thank you.
Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you can just pop off only the kick panel grille to replace the speaker? Don't need to do all the trim? Thank you.
You need to remove the kick panels because most likely you will need an adapter to mount the new speaker. The kick panel probably has just as many clips as the grill. There is one bolt connection on the driver side, but again very easy to remove. On a scale of one to 10, this is a one is probably one of the easiest things you’ll do.

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are actually two bolt on the driver's side, but I didn't chime in to nitpick... I found that you need a 10mm deep socket to successfully remove them.

jgjh151

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finished upgrading my factory speaker setup and happy with results. Replaced all of the factory speakers with Kicker 4CS speakers (bass blockers on dash too) and recently the powered 11HS8 sub which by far made the best difference as it was dying for bass! I fabb'd up a sturdy mount behind the driver side cargo trim panel to plumb it up (also made a cutout as well) and wired it through the factory L and R wiring channels up to the kick panel. Soldered all connections. World of difference!

20220701_163147.jpg

20220704_200936.jpg

20220704_200958.jpg
What speaker wires did you tap into. On both right and left of vehicle or only on drivers side? What color were the two wires tapped into?

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finished upgrading the speakers in my Big Bend this past weekend and wanted to give those interested some information that may help--

My Big Bend came equipped with the standard 6-Speaker system and I simply wanted to upgrade the speakers to give the stereo a little better sound. I previously owned a 2017 Jeep JK Sahara that I used some Kicker speakers so I decided to go the same route as I liked the sound from the Kickers.

I got 2 pairs of 4in (46CSC44) and 1 pair of 6.5in (46CSC654) Kicker CS speakers. From my previous install on the Jeep, I learned that using speaker baffles was a good idea so I also purchased Boom Mat speaker baffles. For the 4in speakers, I used some Posi-Twist connectors and added a pair of 300Hz Bass Blockers for the front only.

For the 6.5in I used the Metra 82-5605 Mounting Brackets as well as the Metra 72-5602 Wiring Harness.

The speaker installation was straightforward the most time-consuming part is taking apart all the plastic trim which I am so glad some on the forum had already submitted so I was ready with all the appropriate trim removal tools and knowledge.

I have included the documentation I used to remove the trim panels and wiring diagram and well as photos of the install and of the products I used.

I hope this information will be useful for some.

EDIT:
I am adding some pigtail connector diagrams that were submitted by another user on the forum (credit to FLIP). The diagrams will show color wires and their polarity.

EDIT2 (2022MAY02)
I have added a Kicker Key 200.4 amp to my install (zipped at the metal panel under the steering wheel). Using the ingenious wiring harness from plugnplaykits.com. The sound from these speakers now is amazing.

IMG_0243.JPG

Base 6 SPKR Wiring.png

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0242.JPG

DASH_LH.jpg

DASH_RH.jpg

KICK-PANEL-WIRE_LH.jpg

KICK-PANEL-WIRE_RH.jpg

REAR_LH.jpg

REAR_RH.jpg
I just got the
Key plug and play, snd want
To use the same speakers you are using. Did you remove the blocker’s from the front speakers.
I keep reading, the key has them built in?
Thanks Rick

Sponsored

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bass Blockers are used only in the front as the low end in the front is routed to the kick panel speakers. I didn't bother with the rears as those are so far back. I am hoping some form of aftermarket option with larger pods will become available that I can just add some larger speakers back there.
SSV Works makes an upgrade 6.5 pod for the rear. However they seem to be out of stock atm. https://ssvworks.com/products/2021-2023-ford-bronco-rear-speaker-pod-add-ons?variant=42019050848440

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It sounds one-thousand times better than stock.
I have always found that the speaker baffles make a big difference in the sound. I found this out in my previous Jeep install after having the rollbar speaker next to my head. At first, I had only the speaker mounted then after hearing the hollowness of the speakers and speaking to my Crutchfield rep they said to either fill the cavity with Poly-Fil or use a speaker baffle like Boom Mat.
I didn't want the messiness of the PolyFil so I went with the Boom Mat. If anything it will be good to have in the kick panel speaker as there is no sound baffling at all at that location.
Did you only put the Boom Mat on the kick panel speakers? I'm planning to replace all 6 speakers and was not sure if I should do all of them or just he rear and kick panels.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took delivery on the Mabetts...
https://a.co/d/6cildHN

By the way, is it necessary to put some Dynamat in the pods? And if so, what is the effect on the sound?
I just installed the Mabett pods with 6.75KS Kickers in my 4 door hardtop, with the front panels swapped out for a Sunrider . I’m telling you that because the hardest part of the upgrade was trying to deal with the attachment screws with the top on. OMG! I then wrestled with trying to mount the new pod with the top on…for 2 hours! I finally said f—k it. Pulled the Sunrider off, moved the 2nd panel forward, then completely released the rear top so I could lift it to remove the original pod and install the Mabett. 45 minutes! Do yourself a favor…bite the bullet and remove the front and middle panels, release the rear top…life is easier

Sponsored

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For anyone installing hertz with the Crutchfield kit - I broke the screw clips in half and used the threaded part to secure the speakers to the adapter
Ford Bronco Bronco standard sound system 6 speaker upgrade DIY writeup w/ instructions (dash & kick panel speaker removal) & wiring diagram IMG_6585

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are actually two bolt on the driver's side, but I didn't chime in to nitpick... I found that you need a 10mm deep socket to successfully remove them.
I was getting ready to go buy a deep socket when I remembered that one came in the hardtop removal kit…. :facepalm:
Sponsored