Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took your advice and just did the two front speakers with the 4 inch kicker, bass blockers and the bass cups, it’s an inexpensive upgrade that actually improved the sound quite a bit. I didn’t splice the original harness, hoping something aftermarket comes out and I’ll replace the wire.
I recently found these. Harnesses for our bronco's, all 6 speakers. But geeze... super pricey:

https://www.saleenperformance.com/products/speaker-harness-kit-2021-bronco-base
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just cut out the OE plug and crimp in your new pigtail 🤷
I mean, are you putting those factory speakers back in when you sell the truck?
I don't like to cut factory stuff. Just personal. Plus makes figuring out negative and positive idiot proof.

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't like to cut factory stuff. Just personal. Plus makes figuring out negative and positive idiot proof.
I was able to make my own harnes, plus buy one off Amazon. Thinking of making a video on it as their isn’t much info.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone found a harness that fits the 4 inch speakers in dash and pods?

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finished my audio upgrade today - replaced only the 4 inch speakers with Kenwood KFC-E1065 210W 4" 2-Way. The sound is marginally better now - crisper highs and deeper lows. Anybody figure out how to get the full frequency range on the REAR speakers yet?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finished my audio upgrade today - replaced only the 4 inch speakers with Kenwood KFC-E1065 210W 4" 2-Way. The sound is marginally better now - crisper highs and deeper lows. Anybody figure out how to get the full frequency range on the REAR speakers yet?
All I know is that I thought I read the frequency is filtered in the head unit for the rear speakers. So that seems like it would be much tougher to get around.

Sponsored

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finished upgrading the speakers in my Big Bend this past weekend and wanted to give those interested some information that may help--

My Big Bend came equipped with the standard 6-Speaker system and I simply wanted to upgrade the speakers to give the stereo a little better sound. I previously owned a 2017 Jeep JK Sahara that I used some Kicker speakers so I decided to go the same route as I liked the sound from the Kickers.

I got 2 pairs of 4in (46CSC44) and 1 pair of 6.5in (46CSC654) Kicker CS speakers. From my previous install on the Jeep, I learned that using speaker baffles was a good idea so I also purchased Boom Mat speaker baffles. For the 4in speakers, I used some Posi-Twist connectors and added a pair of 300Hz Bass Blockers for the front only.

For the 6.5in I used the Metra 82-5605 Mounting Brackets as well as the Metra 72-5602 Wiring Harness.

The speaker installation was straightforward the most time-consuming part is taking apart all the plastic trim which I am so glad some on the forum had already submitted so I was ready with all the appropriate trim removal tools and knowledge.

I have included the documentation I used to remove the trim panels and wiring diagram and well as photos of the install and of the products I used.

I hope this information will be useful for some.

EDIT:
I am adding some pigtail connector diagrams that were submitted by another user on the forum (credit to FLIP). The diagrams will show color wires and their polarity.

IMG_0243.JPG

Base 6 SPKR Wiring.png

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0242.JPG

DASH_LH.jpg

DASH_RH.jpg

KICK-PANEL-WIRE_LH.jpg

KICK-PANEL-WIRE_RH.jpg

REAR_LH.jpg

REAR_RH.jpg
i just did this on my rig start to finish and i love it, thanks for all the leg work

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finished upgrading the speakers in my Big Bend this past weekend and wanted to give those interested some information that may help--

My Big Bend came equipped with the standard 6-Speaker system and I simply wanted to upgrade the speakers to give the stereo a little better sound. I previously owned a 2017 Jeep JK Sahara that I used some Kicker speakers so I decided to go the same route as I liked the sound from the Kickers.

I got 2 pairs of 4in (46CSC44) and 1 pair of 6.5in (46CSC654) Kicker CS speakers. From my previous install on the Jeep, I learned that using speaker baffles was a good idea so I also purchased Boom Mat speaker baffles. For the 4in speakers, I used some Posi-Twist connectors and added a pair of 300Hz Bass Blockers for the front only.

For the 6.5in I used the Metra 82-5605 Mounting Brackets as well as the Metra 72-5602 Wiring Harness.

The speaker installation was straightforward the most time-consuming part is taking apart all the plastic trim which I am so glad some on the forum had already submitted so I was ready with all the appropriate trim removal tools and knowledge.

I have included the documentation I used to remove the trim panels and wiring diagram and well as photos of the install and of the products I used.

I hope this information will be useful for some.

EDIT:
I am adding some pigtail connector diagrams that were submitted by another user on the forum (credit to FLIP). The diagrams will show color wires and their polarity.

IMG_0243.JPG

Base 6 SPKR Wiring.png

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0242.JPG

DASH_LH.jpg

DASH_RH.jpg

KICK-PANEL-WIRE_LH.jpg

KICK-PANEL-WIRE_RH.jpg

REAR_LH.jpg

REAR_RH.jpg
Do you feel it was worth replacing the 6.5" kick panel speakers? I replaced the dash and pods in the back with Alpine's but put off replacing the 6.5" since I had heard from others on the forum doesn't really make much of a difference. What's your take?

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up buying these harnesses for the 4" speakers on Amazon. They fit perfectly and weren't too expensive. https://www.amazon.com/dp/[banned vendor link]?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Ford Bronco Bronco standard sound system 6 speaker upgrade DIY writeup w/ instructions (dash & kick panel speaker removal) & wiring diagram IMG_4759

Also I cut a giant hole in the Boom Mats that were recommended and I have to say I'm glad that I did. The Boom Mats tremendously cut down on the Kick/Power from the 4" speakers. If anyone is considering them or has installed them I highly discourage from using them. I ended up just using them as a thin ring around the lip of the speaker to cut down on any potential metal to metal rattle. But I only did that because I had them from the initial install.

Overall with the Boom Mats gone, and the more solid wiring connection on both the front and rear 4" Polk Audio's, the sound is much improved. I would say I'm almost satisfied, but still going to do a little 8" or 10" sub under the seat.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up buying these harnesses for the 4" speakers on Amazon. They fit perfectly and weren't too expensive. https://www.amazon.com/dp/[banned vendor link]?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Ford Bronco Bronco standard sound system 6 speaker upgrade DIY writeup w/ instructions (dash & kick panel speaker removal) & wiring diagram IMG_4759

Also I cut a giant hole in the Boom Mats that were recommended and I have to say I'm glad that I did. The Boom Mats tremendously cut down on the Kick/Power from the 4" speakers. If anyone is considering them or has installed them I highly discourage from using them. I ended up just using them as a thin ring around the lip of the speaker to cut down on any potential metal to metal rattle. But I only did that because I had them from the initial install.

Overall with the Boom Mats gone, and the more solid wiring connection on both the front and rear 4" Polk Audio's, the sound is much improved. I would say I'm almost satisfied, but still going to do a little 8" or 10" sub under the seat.
I dropped some polyfill in behind mine. Can't complain 🤷

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just did this replacement for of all 4" speakers with the Kicker 2-way speakers (and bass blockers on front only). I tried with and without the boom mats but did not hear a different so I took them out. The sounds is sooo much clearer - no longer sounds like the speakers are inside a cardboard box. I have the bass at 100% in the audio settings which seems necessary to get a good full sound. I am disappointed that the rear speakers aren't producing more bass but I guess they just aren't getting the signal (for no good reason I can think of). Well worth the $130 investment, and it validates (to me) that the Lux package is a waste of money compared to High package.

It is now producing crisp sounds that were totally non existent before. Old speakers going in trash - they really are junk that you'd expect be in a cheap car from 1983.
Sponsored