Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did this replacement for of all 4" speakers with the Kicker 2-way speakers (and bass blockers on front only). I tried with and without the boom mats but did not hear a different so I took them out. The sounds is sooo much clearer - no longer sounds like the speakers are inside a cardboard box. I have the bass at 100% in the audio settings which seems necessary to get a good full sound. I am disappointed that the rear speakers aren't producing more bass but I guess they just aren't getting the signal (for no good reason I can think of). Well worth the $130 investment, and it validates (to me) that the Lux package is a waste of money compared to High package.

It is now producing crisp sounds that were totally non existent before. Old speakers going in trash - they really are junk that you'd expect be in a cheap car from 1983.
100%?? You must not listen to your music loud....? Lol
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well worth the $130 investment, and it validates (to me) that the Lux package is a waste of money compared to High package.
Really? So did you get the adaptive cruise control working... ;)

The adaptive cruise control is an amazing feature, because even in the worst weather, the radar can see vehicles when you might not be able to see them. Certainly not a waste of money... And that's why I got the Lux package.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really? So did you get the adaptive cruise control working... ;)

The adaptive cruise control is an amazing feature, because even in the worst weather, the radar can see vehicles when you might not be able to see them. Certainly not a waste of money... And that's why I got the Lux package.
I have it on another car. No big deal. And you'll learn this soon my friend, but in the "worst weather" the radar can't see sh!t because the sensor gets ice, mud, snow on it and it stops working. Enjoy your purchase. ;)

Not sure what the worst weather you get in TX is - maybe it's worth it down there.

Jdcline78

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black diamon SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BroncoRick Great write up lots of good info in here. My question for the group is why is no one looking at Marine grade equipment? companies like wet sounds produce high quality audio products that will handle the weather when your top is down and the doors are off. In the late 90's and early 2000's i did car audio for a living and nothing ruins a system quicker than moisture not just direct but indirect spider connections and coils will rust.
IDK i guess to each there own but i would encourage anyone with the marine grade vinyl seats who plans to take the top off and remove the doors to consider marine grade equipment you never know when a quick rain shower will come.

For me I will building building this system as i have done for all my boats as I plan to have the top on rarely in the spring and summer.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

88C87057-7145-463B-B6D9-DF6BE616156A.jpeg

I tried D-pinning the connector, successful with one, but ended up having to cut and solder the other one of the two that are on this plug.
F2C99D11-BD54-4C7A-B7A0-08EEF12E1E0D.jpeg

They had this at the local Auto Zone, I went ahead and purchased some extra 10amp micro2 fuses. I believe it is the unused fuse location 21 if i remember correctly.
DD0EDD26-9118-4F66-AB68-03D8D37E14A6.jpeg
80DA0D19-E85F-4DE2-B94C-7A672A8997B2.jpeg

You can see the location in the fuse box here. This is the Blue wire off the amp harness that sends a 12v signal to the sub/amp to turn on and off the sub. It is not powered 100% of the time, only when the key is turned to the on position.
BAA9135F-D54A-4DF7-9166-696687DAA244.jpeg

The sub will not fit under the seat on the 2 door without making modification to the carpet. For some reason there is a hump in the carpet but there is nothing underneath it. Maybe for a higher end model component ? I will leave mine in this position.
5675BD13-1F5A-43DE-81F0-C641D5CCED5E.jpeg

The back seat is able to fold down without touching the amp/sub.
How does it sound? I know you have had it installed for a minute, are you happy with the sound?

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How does it sound? I know you have had it installed for a minute, are you happy with the sound?
Yes sir, very happy. One day I will hook up the right side For right now, no complaints! I am jamming out to it!

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes sir, very happy. One day I will hook up the right side For right now, no complaints! I am jamming out to it!
I have two twelves in my truck now and I just ordered a new truck and want to utilize the back seat and not lose so much floor space to a sub box and this looks like it will fit behind the back seat and give a decent amount of bass. I’m not young like I use to be and don’t need phone rattling of my consol bass. Just curious if this would fill in what would be missing. Are you worried about it getting wet if you have the top down and get caught in a pop up shower?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have two twelves in my truck now and I just ordered a new truck and want to utilize the back seat and not lose so much floor space to a sub box and this looks like it will fit behind the back seat and give a decent amount of bass. I’m not young like I use to be and don’t need phone rattling of my consol bass. Just curious if this would fill in what would be missing. Are you worried about it getting wet if you have the top down and get caught in a pop up shower?
I have carpet, so I’ll be weather aware, especially in Oklahoma! Will throw plastic over it if I risk it!

capmoose

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Upgraded the front 4 inch speakers this morning to Alpine S40s and the 5600 harness.

What a difference it makes (compared by installing the one and doing a test between the old and new)

I'll do the two in the back at some point in the future.

Thanks for the good write-up

Tanman

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond 2022 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks that way from the way the harness is wired. the other wires circuit back (see harness pic)
1633979214643.png
Can you use the looped wires to connect high output for a subwoofer or are they dead wires?

Sponsored

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Upgraded the front 4 inch speakers this morning to Alpine S40s and the 5600 harness.

What a difference it makes (compared by installing the one and doing a test between the old and new)

I'll do the two in the back at some point in the future.

Thanks for the good write-up
Exact set I am about to buy...did you do the bass blockers also?

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

About to throw together a Crutchfield order based off this thread. Starting off with the Kicker CS's for the dash speakers. Can anyone confirm what harness to use for the 4" speakers? All the amazon links are dead (banned vendor) and some people are mentioning the 5600 harness. Would that be the Metra 72-5600?

Pretty fresh to car audio and really don't want to splice anything. Hoping for as plug n play as possible.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
About to throw together a Crutchfield order based off this thread. Starting off with the Kicker CS's for the dash speakers. Can anyone confirm what harness to use for the 4" speakers? All the amazon links are dead (banned vendor) and some people are mentioning the 5600 harness. Would that be the Metra 72-5600?

Pretty fresh to car audio and really don't want to splice anything. Hoping for as plug n play as possible.
From everything I’ve seen the 72-5600 will work it’s just a weird fit. About to put my order in too. Going with the kicker ks for the 4”. Think I’m leaving the 6.5” alone for now. Still undecided on a sub. I was thinking the kicker hideaway or building my own box for a shallow mount tucked behind the rear panels in the cargo area. Having a tough time deciding 🤔😂
Sponsored