First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Huge shoutout to Brooke @broncogal21 at Crutchfield! I had some questions about which amp to pair with a sub box and was lucky enough to have her catch my chat request. She got me all straightened out and we turned a $3000 shop install into a $1200 Crutchfield order. I have some work to do but I'm excited to get it done! Thanks Brooke!
Sponsored

AustinAF15

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed after I ran the remote wire there is a DC/12v switch if you leave it on DC it will turn on using signal from the speaker splices and if you switch to 12v it will use the remote wire. I can confirm it works both ways.
I have the hideaway in my bronco. I have it on DC hooked up with the kick panel speaker. The blue light is always on even when the truck is off. Is this the case for you? I end up having to turn it on and off everytime I get in and it is incredibly frustrating.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huge shoutout to Brooke @broncogal21 at Crutchfield! I had some questions about which amp to pair with a sub box and was lucky enough to have her catch my chat request. She got me all straightened out and we turned a $3000 shop install into a $1200 Crutchfield order. I have some work to do but I'm excited to get it done! Thanks Brooke!
Awesome! What did you go with?

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome! What did you go with?
Replacing interior speakers with Kicker CS 4" and 6.75" for kick panels powered by Kicker Key 200. Kicker down firing box with 12" sub and passive radiator on a Kenwood Excelon 500w mono and a sub control knob. All the assorted power kits and speaker wire, connectors, base blockers for dash, etc.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the hideaway in my bronco. I have it on DC hooked up with the kick panel speaker. The blue light is always on even when the truck is off. Is this the case for you? I end up having to turn it on and off everytime I get in and it is incredibly frustrating.
Yes my light seems to always be on. I am going to look in to it because the set up in my truck turns off.

Sponsored

AustinAF15

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes my light seems to always be on. I am going to look in to it because the set up in my truck turns off.
Please let me know what you find. I am interested in finding a work around but I’m a little stumped at the moment.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got my built email this morning!

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good thread. I replaced my front speakers with the Kicker 46CSC44 and it's a nice improvement for $62. Bought them from Crutchfield. On Amazon I bought this adapter/connector speaker harness Metra 72-5600 and it worked great too. Easy upgrade folks. If you need some extra help,there are videos on YouTube
Ford Bronco Bronco standard sound system 6 speaker upgrade DIY writeup w/ instructions (dash & kick panel speaker removal) & wiring diagram 86EB2D73-DB99-48D8-B8A4-7CB76CF447AD

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good thread. I replaced my front speakers with the Kicker 46CSC44 and it's a nice improvement for $62. Bought them from Crutchfield. On Amazon I bought this adapter/connector speaker harness Metra 72-5600 and it worked great too. Easy upgrade folks. If you need some extra help,there are videos on YouTube
Ford Bronco Bronco standard sound system 6 speaker upgrade DIY writeup w/ instructions (dash & kick panel speaker removal) & wiring diagram 86EB2D73-DB99-48D8-B8A4-7CB76CF447AD
Those connectors work on the dash and pods?

Sponsored

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These will work, but they are not right for the molex plug on the speaker cable. These need some McGyvering to connect.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they look like the same connector for the dash and pods.
There has got to be two different speaker connectors out there. Because these neither look like nor fit mine.

Ford Bronco Bronco standard sound system 6 speaker upgrade DIY writeup w/ instructions (dash & kick panel speaker removal) & wiring diagram 1653259977381

72-5600 on left, stock connector on right.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They work. Have to turn them sideways and push once you’re sure the pins are lined up.

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche Boxster S, 2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used Metra 72-5602 (not 72-5600) for the 6.5“ kick panel speakers and it worked perfectly. I used a different connector on the 4” dash and rear pod Speakers which also worked perfectly (see Amazon screenshot)
Ford Bronco Bronco standard sound system 6 speaker upgrade DIY writeup w/ instructions (dash & kick panel speaker removal) & wiring diagram CFFDF434-4328-430A-9991-784F81A7D903
Sponsored

Last edited: