First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The system needs a sub powered by an amp. Something like an 8 or 10”W3 that can handle pretty much all the mid and lows. The stock system has zero punch. Swapping the 4” speakers in the dash running off the stock head unit is fine but no guts at all still.

The rears are practically turned off. Front 4” speakers with a small sub and amp would give 99% of the masses what they are looking for.
If you want more rear fill make sure to go into settings/audio and check all passengers. It might be set for driver only.
Sponsored

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any tips on fitting the Hertz 165.3 with the crutch field provided metra plate?

can’t figure out how to attach the speaker to the bracket?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any tips on fitting the Hertz 165.3 with the crutch field provided metra plate?

can’t figure out how to attach the speaker to the bracket?
I had to cut plastic to make it all fit under the factory panels. Fortunately, the plastic was super soft and cut like butter. I know that I modified the factory panels, but don't remember if I had to trim the Metra adapters.

Sponsored

Jbald

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2012 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finished upgrading my factory speaker setup and happy with results. Replaced all of the factory speakers with Kicker 4CS speakers (bass blockers on dash too) and recently the powered 11HS8 sub which by far made the best difference as it was dying for bass! I fabb'd up a sturdy mount behind the driver side cargo trim panel to plumb it up (also made a cutout as well) and wired it through the factory L and R wiring channels up to the kick panel. Soldered all connections. World of difference!

20220701_163147.jpg

20220704_200936.jpg

20220704_200958.jpg
Did you tap into both kick panel speakers? What are the actual color of the wires you taped into LF +blue -gray brown RF +YE/OG -GR/BN

TopWaterHit

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Black Diamond 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you tap into both kick panel speakers? What are the actual color of the wires you taped into LF +blue -gray brown RF +YE/OG -GR/BN
Yep, those are the wires I tapped into on both L and R for the sub.

Tsr101010

Outer Banks
First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bronco OB sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Base Bad SAS -with 6 speaker crappy system - Joined the upgrade club - used crutchfields for the initial speaker purchase and went with focals only because of past experiences - the difference was amazing !!!! Quality / crispness was great. If I had one piece of advice just buy the power sub from the start so you don’t have to access the kick plate on the left twice - the fullness added by the sub makes it next level especially for the noises ride. Total time around 4 hours and I am not a DIY guy but for around $700 the difference is definitely worth it.

Bukn Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Mustang GT, 94 F-150, 2014 Transit Connect,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Saleen Performance now offers plug and play harnesses for all 6 speakers. No cutting, no splicing. Ordered mine yesterday.

Sponsored

MTmeterguy

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as I understand it, the kick panel speakers are wired in with the dash speakers. I feel Like the lower kick panel pair are a little quit compared to the upper dash pair. Does anyone have a creative way to balance these speakers and raise the volume on the kick panel compared to the other four?
This is my biggest complaint so far -- my solution is to go active, I have a Hertz 5 channel amplifier on the way to power replacement Hertz mid-bass in the kick panel and replacement Stereo Integrity dash speakers. Down the road, I plan on purchasing the B/O enclosure and find the best sounding 8" that will fit. By running active, I can adjust each front speaker seperately to sound more balanced.

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Bad SAS -with 6 speaker crappy system - Joined the upgrade club - used crutchfields for the initial speaker purchase and went with focals only because of past experiences - the difference was amazing !!!! Quality / crispness was great. If I had one piece of advice just buy the power sub from the start so you don’t have to access the kick plate on the left twice - the fullness added by the sub makes it next level especially for the noises ride. Total time around 4 hours and I am not a DIY guy but for around $700 the difference is definitely worth it.
Can you post what you ended up getting? Looking to upgrade mine soon

kkap

Big Bend
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stormtrooper 2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just coming in to say thank you to @BroncRik and everyone who contributed to this thread. I went with 4 x Alpine S40s and a Kicker 11HS8. Sounds absolutely amazing and wasn't too much work. Still have to attach the right side KP speaker to the sub, but for now I'm satisfied.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do we really need to remove all of the trim pieces to get at the 6.5” speakers? I think the Pickens Party of 5 video showed him just removing the speaker grille.
Anyone know the answer to this if just replacing the kick panel speakers (and not installing an amp or sub)? Would be nice to just pop the grille cover off and nothing else. Thank you.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone know the answer to this if just replacing the kick panel speakers (and not installing an amp or sub)? Would be nice to just pop the grille cover off and nothing else. Thank you.
It’s really not a big deal… very easy to pop off.
Sponsored