Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the same question (followin)
Metra 72-5600 is plug and play. The adapter is not the "correct" one but it fits very easily and secure.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra31

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Metra 72-5600 is plug and play. The adapter is the "correct" one but it fits very easily and secure.
Can confirm that this works! Fits a little weird, but it's secure.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropped in here to say THANK YOU!!

I replaced just the dash speakers with the kickers, boom mats, and 300hz blockers and it is NIGHT AND DAY. I ran out of time and will continue to replace the rears and kick panel speakers next.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dropped in here to say THANK YOU!!

I replaced just the dash speakers with the kickers, boom mats, and 300hz blockers and it is NIGHT AND DAY. I ran out of time and will continue to replace the rears and kick panel speakers next.
This is good to hear. Can you give a bit of the specifics as to what you notice as being different/better/etc.?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my case, I find everything is better... better highs, better mids, and with the addition of a 12" sealed sub, WAY better bass.

My build is as follows:

4" - Sound Ordnance P-40B
Harness required: Metra 72-5600
High Pass Filters used: (Fronts only) PAC BB-4PR (300Hz)

6.5" - Kenwood KFC-1696PS
Harness required: Metra 72-5602
Mounting Adaptor required: Metra 82-5605

Line converter - DS18 AUDIO V5HL (4ch to 5ch)

Amp - Kenwood KAC-D8105 (5 channel)

Sub - Rockford Fosgate R1 (400w 12" sub w/ sealed enclosure)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobra31

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have any luck with a under seat powered sub like this? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html

I'm not looking for anything crazy (or obvious, still have some PTSD from having after market systems stolen as a kid), but looking for a little more base than what I currently have. I've already upgraded the fronts and kick panels.

I'd like to try and tap into the kick panel speakers, I don't know if plugging into the factory head unit will work, and it looks like a real PITA to even access.

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have any luck with a under seat powered sub like this? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html

I'm not looking for anything crazy (or obvious, still have some PTSD from having after market systems stolen as a kid), but looking for a little more base than what I currently have. I've already upgraded the fronts and kick panels.

I'd like to try and tap into the kick panel speakers, I don't know if plugging into the factory head unit will work, and it looks like a real PITA to even access.
I'm trying to decide between the BassPro Go (like the Pickens Party of 5 did in their video), which would take up a good bit of space in the back BUT be a really great option for a bluetooth speaker, or do what another guy on the boards did and add a powered low profile sub to the tailgate. I honestly can't decide which direction to go in. Anybody else trying to decide between these two options? Anything else I'm missing?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is good to hear. Can you give a bit of the specifics as to what you notice as being different/better/etc.?
the quality of the sound is night and day different to me. Instead of being muddled, flat, and sounding like it’s coming out of a cardboard tube it’s extremely clear with solid and strong tones. I am honestly blown away it made that much difference.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

this is what i'm going for, ordered the sub, should be here in a few days. I will let you know what i run into. If you beat me too it, please share the love.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will attempt this tonight, going to try and tie into VMED3 BU / rmed3 gy-BN.
I will keep this topic handy' for reference. I have never tied in a sub before.
Been a min. Last time I installed anything was back when a head unit had a cassette player in it. lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncRik

BroncRik

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will attempt this tonight, going to try and tie into VMED3 BU / rmed3 gy-BN.
I will keep this topic handy' for reference. I have never tied in a sub before.
Been a min. Last time I installed anything was back when a head unit had a cassette player in it. lol
Please be sure to take pics and write down some notes to share with the rest of the group here.
This is the only other addon I was looking at doing as well with that same powered sub. Looking forward to seeing your results. I was reluctant to do the JBL Bluetooth speaker. I am a bit concerned about having a lithium battery baking in my car in the hot Florida sun.

Cobra31

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this is what i'm going for, ordered the sub, should be here in a few days. I will let you know what i run into. If you beat me too it, please share the love.
Good luck! I've also ordered the sub, but have a full weekend of kids sports-ball, so it'll be a while before I'm able to attempt an install.

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So where are you guys installing the sub? In the back? Under a seat somewhere? On the tailgate?

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very interested in hideaway reviews for those using it. I’m either going with something like that or doing the kicker in a box that @philjmatt did
Sponsored