Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the "universal garage door" be available a la carte?
I don't want to whine too much about this but seriously... for a vehicle designed to be OPEN this should be standard on the base model. To push this all the way up to the Lux package is absurd.

EDIT to add a question - along the same lines, is there a lockable compartment for those of us that don't get the universal garage door opener?
Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@irv0735 thanks for all of your hard work! I have a question that's come up several times on the forum.

If someone gets a soft top only, will the wiring harness and controls for the wiper/defogger be included so a hard top can be added later?

Or will it be like Jeep, where everything must be installed at a later date to properly use the hard top?
I was wondering the same thing and looked to see what I could find. I found a picture with an interesting addition to the soft top. There are probably more details to learn as you posed in your question though. At least one part looks to be answered.

Ford Bronco Bronco Super Celebration - Saturday Q&A 1599859579868

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Ford is reading the forum, I want to make sure that as much talk about White tops and flares are getting attention, A lot of people want Black. I know a lot of people like white, but the colors Ford have chosen don't look good with white accents. The CG w/ white top, fenders and white trim should only be legal to drive on Easter Day.

I would like to see the white vinyl interior on the Badlands materialize though.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing and looked to see what I could find. I found a picture with an interesting addition to the soft top. There are probably more details to learn as you posed in your question though. At least one part looks to be answered.

Ford Bronco Bronco Super Celebration - Saturday Q&A 1599859579868
What in the world? Am I seeing things or is that a wiper on the soft top? Surely that can't be the case, right? It has to be a CGI mishap...

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What in the world? Am I seeing things or is that a wiper on the soft top? Surely that can't be the case, right? It has to be a CGI mishap...
I found another one as well but it is much harder to make out on this shot. You can see the slight outline here as well.

Both of these are on the Ford.com Bronco page.

Ford Bronco Bronco Super Celebration - Saturday Q&A 1599860188661

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found another one as well but it is much harder to make out on this shot. You can see the slight outline here as well.

Both of these are on the Ford.com Bronco page.

Ford Bronco Bronco Super Celebration - Saturday Q&A 1599860188661
Weird. One thing we do know, even though Ford hasn't shown it off yet, is that the soft top opens like a hatch just like the hard top does.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Will the 7MT be manufactured in China?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a question, and hopefully this shows up in B&P, but it would be stupid if they didn't allow people to select black trim as an option over the colored trims for the interior.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will we see the true colors when we place our order and what are the open pipe doors made of?
A Ford rep at NYSE said they were aluminum, but hearing it from a second source would be nice.
The brand manager onsite is the same person that showed this vehicle in the initial walk-around video, so we will not be asking again. Please search for the Bronco Adventure concept walk around to confirm. I believe he said the tubes were steel, but the Bronco emblem junction was Aluminum, but I don't remember for sure. I know he mentioned the tube doors will be going through crash safety testing though.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Asking they are considering (or developing!) a max tow package different from the one already revealed. One with a higher TC for those who want it, even if it may sacrifice some off-road prowess for those who don't need it.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One question that has been tugging at me is if the Carbon Molded hardtop or the Black Molded hardtop is available for the Badlands? Like others I would also like to know if B&O sound system is a stand alone upgrade. Thanks!
I was under the impression BL comes standard with the grey HT but can option up to the black painted HT
Is the modular an option?
Please refer to the Ford site for this information. 2 door has MIC Carbon standard and you can option up to a Modular Black (painted) as @BroncoJay pointed out.

The Ford rep was NOT happy when I asked about the 4-down towing, stating that the information is on the Ford website already. (That was a question I asked for someone else without doing the research because it wasn't pertinent to my needs) So, I'm going to be very cautious in what we look to ask on Saturday.

We are scrutinizing them... so understandably, they are not thrilled to answer Forum members that ask questions about released information. I think they are more lenient with the general public, but if they know we are with Bronco6G.... yeah, let's just try to be careful and respectful.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford rep was NOT happy when I asked about the 4-down towing, stating that the information is on the Ford website already.
I'm confused. We have the money, right? Ford wants us to give it to them, right? I mean...right?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We are scrutinizing them... so understandably, they are not thrilled to answer Forum members that ask questions about released information. I think they are more lenient with the general public, but if they know we are with Bronco6G.... yeah, let's just try to be careful and respectful.
Saturdays outfit...

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the 7MT be manufactured in China?
Yes please get an answer to this question
Sorry guys, I won't be asking this question. Maybe someone else can, but I don't feel it is something that they will have the answer to at this public event. Ford is monitoring the forums though and building their own list so they may capture this and release the answer in the near future during a FAQ release that they have planned.
Sponsored