Sponsored

Bronco suspension lift - lift kits vs spacer lifts?

gjennings12

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very inexperienced with lift kits. I want to purchase a suspension lift kit (3 in front, 2 in rear). Do suspension lift kits require you to change the shocks in your vehicle? I don't want to get rid of the bilstein shocks in the Sasquatch package because they are already good. But I heard suspension kits are better than spacer kits. What is the disadvantage with spacer kits? I am planning on running 37s on my bronco and I heard a 2 inch lift is what is needed.
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very inexperienced with lift kits. I want to purchase a suspension lift kit (3 in front, 2 in rear). Do suspension lift kits require you to change the shocks in your vehicle? I don't want to get rid of the bilstein shocks in the Sasquatch package because they are already good. But I heard suspension kits are better than spacer kits. What is the disadvantage with spacer kits? I am planning on running 37s on my bronco and I heard a 2 inch lift is what is needed.
Nothing wrong with spacers to keep the PSD Bilstein shocks. Do you have Sasquatch or a BL non-SaS? Might do a bit of research to see how much lift you need to run 37's. Also research when you'll need upper A arms. There are many types of spacer kits on various types of vehicles, so no general rule on it. Since the Bronco already has coilovers adding a spacer to add lift is very effective. Still must check upper arm movement range and CV axle range depending on how much lift.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Travel range is the difference between spacers and longer coilovers. Also the longer coilovers have larger volume which reduces heat, and resists fatigue. However travel is aslo limited by control arms(hence the name control) aswell as CV axles in the IFS(front) and driveshaft (rear). However at the small height lift you are after travel wont be a major loss with a spacer. The only thing you will be losing is the ability to run offroad endurance racing(so not a big deal I imagine).

Bottom line is that there are a few realms of lifts. Poor mans, skilled poor, wealthy bolt on, and skilled wealthy.
If you just want a lil height a spacer is fine.
If you got skills, bust out your welder and make your own lift probably $50 in scrap metal and wire. If you got money just throw it at it.
And if you got money and skills you must have brain farted to need to ask this.
Sponsored