Sponsored

Bronco Sync4 free future updates w/ added features?

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was curious if anyone thinks the future updates for Sync4 will be free or not since they are done over the air without the need of labor or a dealership? I know the 2021 F-150 is getting some kind of over the air autonomous driving features after its released, similar to the MachE, and those vehicles including the new Bronco all use the same new equipment for Sync4. This would also make more sense as a feature for the Lux package and its high price as well.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They forgot to add that question to the survey they sent out. Would you pay 19.99 for sync updates? Don't give em any ideas.

But nah I don't pay for any updates for my current sync. Even apple doesn't charge you to update your iPhone. They just make it slower lol.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, OTA updates to cost money?
Nah.
I'm pretty sure SYNC4 was shipped without all the bells and whistles fully worked out and was updated at a later time to finish the release. I suspect the same for the Bronco given the whole world is our road, not just the street.

OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope its free and I hope it works well. I would imagine that this would help the Bronco stay more relevant years down the road and possibly help keeping resale value up. It could also end up a problem, just like my Sony TV for example. Only a few years old, but with every update it gets slower and more unusable to the point where I cant even use the internal smart features anymore cause its so slow and laggy.

OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know how much this guy knows or who he is but in this video he says the autonomous driving will be a feature added later that you can PAY for when it releases. I hope he doesnt know something we dont!

About the 2:03 mark

Sponsored
OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also says here that Ford is charging for the software update when it comes out even though they are already including the hardware for it. NOT LOOKIN GOOD for us :cautious:

"That will follow on in summer 2021, Ford says. It’ll be available as either an over-the-air (OTA) update, using the F-150’s embedded 4G LTE modem, or by taking the truck into a dealership. Either way, there’ll be a charge for the software, though Ford hasn’t said how much that will be yet."

https://www.slashgear.com/2021-f-15...ssist-details-roadmap-functionality-25626426/

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, OTA updates to cost money?
Nah.
I'm pretty sure SYNC4 was shipped without all the bells and whistles fully worked out and was updated at a later time to finish the release. I suspect the same for the Bronco given the whole world is our road, not just the street.
There will likely always be updates. It's just getting easier to do them now. MFT used to require a trip to the dealer. Sync 3 is better. I was able to update by downloading onto my computer and used a flash drive in the car. Sync 4 will be pretty much automatic.

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope its free and I hope it works well. I would imagine that this would help the Bronco stay more relevant years down the road and possibly help keeping resale value up. It could also end up a problem, just like my Sony TV for example. Only a few years old, but with every update it gets slower and more unusable to the point where I cant even use the internal smart features anymore cause its so slow and laggy.
I think Ford will follow Tesla, where self-driving features are an extra package. Over the years they have released upgraded hardware as the software gets more complex, but they've offered free hardware upgrades to those that purchased the full self-driving package.

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also says here that Ford is charging for the software update when it comes out even though they are already including the hardware for it. NOT LOOKIN GOOD for us :cautious:

"That will follow on in summer 2021, Ford says. It’ll be available as either an over-the-air (OTA) update, using the F-150’s embedded 4G LTE modem, or by taking the truck into a dealership. Either way, there’ll be a charge for the software, though Ford hasn’t said how much that will be yet."

https://www.slashgear.com/2021-f-15...ssist-details-roadmap-functionality-25626426/
I think active assist features and self-driving will be different packages and we'll have to pay to unlock new features when they are released. I'm hoping that updates to the features we've already paid for will be free.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They forgot to add that question to the survey they sent out. Would you pay 19.99 for sync updates? Don't give em any ideas.

But nah I don't pay for any updates for my current sync. Even apple doesn't charge you to update your iPhone. They just make it slower lol.
??? killing me with the IPhone comment lmao.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Be glad you CAN pay to get the upgrade. With Dodge you get what you get and that’s it forever.

OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be glad you CAN pay to get the upgrade. With Dodge you get what you get and that’s it forever.
Yeah true, I'd rather have an option to pay for it than not have it at all. Still, one can dream for it to be free lol
Sponsored