First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I found on his YouTube is that he’s got a stock badlands Sasquatch with 35” Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 MT’s with Icon Rebound Pro wheels.
Did I miss it? What was the lift and tires on the BL?
I want to thank everyone for the comments and kudos. I'm also open to constructive criticism so please don't be shy to post suggestions and recommendations as it'll only result in better content. I'm the driver of the Bronco in this video and the Bronco is a BL trim w/ the stock OEM Sasquatch lift, stock OEM armor, aftermarket Icon Rebound Pro wheels (17x8.5, 0mm offset), and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 MT tires (35x12.5"). I've done several trails out in Moab and in CO since taking delivery approximately 2 months ago. It's proven to be very capable in stock form (minus the wheels and tires) and I feel it's just as capable as the competition (Wranglers, 4Runners, Defenders, etc). That being said, I've identified some key upgrades and modifications that will improve the capabilities of the Bronco.

To that end, I've ordered and I'm patiently waiting to take delivery of the King Shocks 2.5" adjustable coilover setup w/ adjustable compression as well as the RPG Off-road Upper Control Arm and Tie Rod kit. I've also reached out to a vendor in CO who specializes in armor to get a rough ETA for their Bronco offerings. In an upcoming video, I'll go over in detail the trail damage sustained and my thoughts on what I feel are the 'must have' modifications and upgrades.
Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I want to thank everyone for the comments and kudos. I'm also open to constructive criticism so please don't be shy to post suggestions and recommendations as it'll only result in better content. I'm the driver of the Bronco in this video and the Bronco is a BL trim w/ the stock OEM Sasquatch lift, stock OEM armor, aftermarket Icon Rebound Pro wheels (17x8.5, 0mm offset), and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 MT tires (35x12.5"). I've done several trails out in Moab and in CO since taking delivery approximately 2 months ago. It's proven to be very capable in stock form (minus the wheels and tires) and I feel it's just as capable as the competition (Wranglers, 4Runners, Defenders, etc). That being said, I've identified some key upgrades and modifications that will improve the capabilities of the Bronco.

To that end, I've ordered and I'm patiently waiting to take delivery of the King Shocks 2.5" adjustable coilover setup w/ adjustable compression as well as the RPG Off-road Upper Control Arm and Tie Rod kit. I've also reached out to a vendor in CO who specializes in armor to get a rough ETA for their Bronco offerings. In an upcoming video, I'll go over in detail the trail damage sustained and my thoughts on what I feel are the 'must have' modifications and upgrades.
Dig the video man. The Bronco seemed to make everything look pretty easy. Can't wait for more videos and upgrades.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So that’s why all the hard core off roaders want a manual 😂
Well to be fair, that guy was rather ham fisted (footed?) with the clutch.

Not to mention that Ford threw quite a bit of hardware and tech at the MT (more so than for the tie rods!).

• 95:1 crawl ratio compared to 84:1
    • You've got about 29,000 traction-limited tq below 1,000 rpm and you essentially can't kill the clutch
  • no-clutch re-start
  • hill hold

I have a feeling it could be done smoother and lower RPM in the Bronco with MT simply due to the hardware it's equipped with.

Wrangler hasn't had these tech upgrades. Maybe next generation, likely not given Jeep's technology creep is glacial.

Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncoepic Nice work and yes please keep us updated on your upgrades and deficiencies you find with the stock setup. I read that that trail is an 9/10 difficulty but you (Bronco) made it look pretty easy! Well done.
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! A8F54F77-C577-4AFF-B65B-666B7925CFDA

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome video enjoy your setup.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video man! Hearing those scratches made me really anxious but its inevitable if we want to play! I dig those tires, how are they one the road? handling and noise? I see they are 65 pounds compared to Baja Boss- 70 pounds. I 'm looking for some nice looking lightish setup :)

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well to be fair, that guy was rather ham fisted (footed?) with the clutch.

Not to mention that Ford threw quite a bit of hardware and tech at the MT (more so than for the tie rods!).

• 95:1 crawl ratio compared to 84:1
    • You've got about 29,000 traction-limited tq below 1,000 rpm and you essentially can't kill the clutch
  • no-clutch re-start
  • hill hold

I have a feeling it could be done smoother and lower RPM in the Bronco with MT simply due to the hardware it's equipped with.

Wrangler hasn't had these tech upgrades. Maybe next generation, likely not given Jeep's technology creep is glacial.
But the hard-core guys want manual because they DoNt wAnt nO FuCkInG nAnNiEs!!

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love your videos and your commentary. Glad to see other people actually putting the Bronco to use as well.

Let me know when you get in touch with the vendor in CO. I live right outside Denver. And after all the wheeling I’ve done so far, my biggest complaint is how exposed and vulnerable the control/trailing arm mounts are. I need skid plates for those ASAP.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But the hard-core guys want manual because they DoNt wAnt nO FuCkInG nAnNiEs!!
If you want to be that hard core these days, just take out the alternator and go till the battery dies.

Or buy a classic car/rig/truck because nothing made these days is going to be free of modern technologies!

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great driving! Awesome to see you out there putting the Bronco to work. I also love your tire choice. I ran Mickey's on my '78 Bronco, I have them on my F-150, and I'm planning to put them on my new Bronc when I pick it up next week.

I can't wait to join you on the trail.
Sponsored