First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to thank everyone for the comments and kudos. I'm also open to constructive criticism so please don't be shy to post suggestions and recommendations as it'll only result in better content. I'm the driver of the Bronco in this video and the Bronco is a BL trim w/ the stock OEM Sasquatch lift, stock OEM armor, aftermarket Icon Rebound Pro wheels (17x8.5, 0mm offset), and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 MT tires (35x12.5"). I've done several trails out in Moab and in CO since taking delivery approximately 2 months ago. It's proven to be very capable in stock form (minus the wheels and tires) and I feel it's just as capable as the competition (Wranglers, 4Runners, Defenders, etc). That being said, I've identified some key upgrades and modifications that will improve the capabilities of the Bronco.

To that end, I've ordered and I'm patiently waiting to take delivery of the King Shocks 2.5" adjustable coilover setup w/ adjustable compression as well as the RPG Off-road Upper Control Arm and Tie Rod kit. I've also reached out to a vendor in CO who specializes in armor to get a rough ETA for their Bronco offerings. In an upcoming video, I'll go over in detail the trail damage sustained and my thoughts on what I feel are the 'must have' modifications and upgrades.
Great work out there! Impressed to see what a stock BL can do...and I (we) appreciate the content to be sure. You're kinda the guinea pig for many of us that are still waiting for our personal Broncos and (patiently) plotting our upgrades. Keep it coming! Cheers.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm working on a video detailing the trail damage (aka scratches and gouges) and providing my humble opinion on upgrades and modifications that are 'must haves' to run challenging terrain. The trail is very popular with the off-raoders in CO and is fun to run all year round.

The tires are decent for on-road driving, they get the job done. They are on the lighter side and with a 'D' load range is what I consider to be a good compromise between durability and performance off-road and ride quality on-road. That being said, the BFG KM3 and Nitto Trail Grapplers are what most consider the 'go to' off-road tires and you'll see them on a lot of rigs. Its important to note that there are no MT tires that do well in snow. Something to consider if you live in an area that get a ton of snow (i.e. Colorado).

Appreciate the feedback! Will do. I'm hoping that when the vendors return from SEMA they'll start to crank out these items for our Broncos.
Just an FYI the Goodyear tires MT stands for maximum traction. I would harbor to guess with that soft compound and all those tread sipes those will be really good in the snow. GY actually submitted these tires for 3 peak rating but they didn’t pass. I would say not seeing any information on how close they were to passing it was marginal or GY wouldn’t have submitted them. I bet in the near future you see this tire with that rating.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I miss that area, I used to live in Leadville and work on the prison grounds (State telecommunications/radio) it was great living in a place that others had to trek to for fun.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just watched the video with my wife. Now granted those Jeeps are not built like the one in my garage, but my wife kept saying “I hope that Bronco just crawls right over it after watching the Jeeps struggle.” She too is about to be the owner of a 4Dr BL white w/ soft top.

And Ive been wheeling ALOT but holy crap, too many people chiming in on what path to take, turn passenger/driver when couple didn't sound too confident in their calls.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That one dude needs to be fired from spotting. “Passenger, err driver, err passenger, no no driver.” The whole damn time.
My wife 100% agrees with you after watching the video.

Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Didn’t see this posted. Great video!
Watched the whole video. The jeeps seem to struggle while the Bronco cruised!

Perhaps the explanation is in how much all the jeep accessories & mods weigh. Look closely & count the pounds! This should be a lesson for all of us: lighter vehicles perform better in every way - starting, stopping, turning, climbing, etc, - over all kinds of terrain.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, just wanted to say congrats on making it through and holding your own. Rough ass trail there.
...ts important to note that there are no MT tires that do well in snow. Something to consider if you live in an area that get a ton of snow (i.e. Colorado).
What exactly are you referring to here? I run and have run MT's on road and wheeling in the snow. If you have AT''s wheeling in the snow, have a nice day with that because they pack up fast and you'll be stuck spinning wheels until you run out of gas.

Glad you did well in a factory rig with only wheel and tire changes. Gambling underneath without full armor on that rock to rock trail scraping but hey, I'm sure some of us have been there, dying to get new rig out wheeling... "Oh they make a skid plate for the trans...??? I didn't know..." :ROFLMAO:

and what he and his wife said about the spotters.... no offense Jeep dudes. I think I counted at least 2 times where it looks like the body got within 2 mm of a giant rock that they didn't catch until after the fact....💩

and there's not a whole lot that's going to be light about anyone's rig after you add steel bumpers, steel skids, steel sliders, additional components and larger heavier tires, tools, hi lift, not going to happen.

as BroncoEpic noted, I'd definitely be waiting until some more armor becomes available before taking that thing out on that type of trail again, the way it was scraping. Lot's of stuff getting beat up under there and barely clearing. Pretty sure front and rear lockers got you past the almost high center @13.25. I think it would have been a tough go if you only had one locker or limited to open-open on that rock. and the poor Jeep before, whoever was spotting almost got that dudes front passenger wheel ripped off coming down on that rock...

All you new guys that have never wheeled and getting front and rear lockers off the bat on a factory vehicle..... spoiled :ROFLMAO:(y)

Looks like a blast to wheel, thanks for sharing and congrats again. Can't wait to see more.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn’t see this posted. Great video!
From what I found on his YouTube is that he’s got a stock badlands Sasquatch with 35” Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 MT’s with Icon Rebound Pro wheels.
As always, great driving, great video, but Dude! How did you say Buena Vista? It's ok, but jeez.

Can't wait until you get your Kings and see what you can do with that suspension set up. Everywhere I look says "6 months" out for supply. Hope you can still get yours in Feb.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is a Bronco Nation vid of a non Sasquatch badlands through the same trail for those that haven’t seen it yet:

I always liked Mitch's videos.
For the folks worried about the 10r60 automatic transmission, I think we're good to go.
If you watched some of his other videos, he can absolutely destroy an automatic transmission.😜
Sponsored