Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched this immediately after OP's video and man the 33s really struggled. There is a shot at the end showing that the skid took an absolute beating. It looked like he nearly took some serious damage at 7:50 in this video.
Sponsored

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to thank everyone for the comments and kudos. I'm also open to constructive criticism so please don't be shy to post suggestions and recommendations as it'll only result in better content. I'm the driver of the Bronco in this video and the Bronco is a BL trim w/ the stock OEM Sasquatch lift, stock OEM armor, aftermarket Icon Rebound Pro wheels (17x8.5, 0mm offset), and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 MT tires (35x12.5"). I've done several trails out in Moab and in CO since taking delivery approximately 2 months ago. It's proven to be very capable in stock form (minus the wheels and tires) and I feel it's just as capable as the competition (Wranglers, 4Runners, Defenders, etc). That being said, I've identified some key upgrades and modifications that will improve the capabilities of the Bronco.

To that end, I've ordered and I'm patiently waiting to take delivery of the King Shocks 2.5" adjustable coilover setup w/ adjustable compression as well as the RPG Off-road Upper Control Arm and Tie Rod kit. I've also reached out to a vendor in CO who specializes in armor to get a rough ETA for their Bronco offerings. In an upcoming video, I'll go over in detail the trail damage sustained and my thoughts on what I feel are the 'must have' modifications and upgrades.
I am impressed with how you make the obstacles look easy - the Jeeps show that they are not easy. I am impressed with how well your Bronco handles the trails. I am really impressed with the engine and how it puts out the right amount of torque and speed to just chug along and crawls without spinning and without getting a running start.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As always, great driving, great video, but Dude! How did you say Buena Vista? It's ok, but jeez.

Can't wait until you get your Kings and see what you can do with that suspension set up. Everywhere I look says "6 months" out for supply. Hope you can still get yours in Feb.
If you're from Colorado like @broncoepic and I, then you know that's how they pronounce it there. I know, weird and not properly correct, but that's how they (Buena Vista residents) insist it's pronounced

DukeofArmchair

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it’s fun to bash the other brands to defend your loyalty to your new purchase. I have a Bronco on eternal order and have owned Jeeps in the past and seeing the manual guy in his keep brought back so many memories of guys with the old school mentality. Same guys that didn’t want antilock brakes when they came out, same guys that don’t like cruise control and if that's what they want then cool. With all that being said I’m super excited to get my bronco whenever that may be. I’m sure that everybody here knows that picking the right line can make a Obstacle look super difficult or super easy. I have done this trail many times, I did this trail in my stock 2004 Rubicon with 31 inch tires and walked up that same obstacle starting at the 14:20 mark in the vid while the guy behind me with 35s took him several attempts before eventually being pulled up.

Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! IMG_0197

Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! IMG_0196

This one is sometimes called the squeeze starting at the 30:10 mark in the vid where the spotter was telling the Bronco driver to go before he slides down. We had a stock YJ on whitewall 29"s :) that made it through with no issues. as a matter of fact he did the entire trail with minimal help. Lots of scraping and sometimes a decent amount of skinny pedal. :)
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! IMG_0198

There are some obstacles that you have to be heavily modified for, This trail has a couple more difficult lines that these guys didn’t take the lines that they did take most any stock jeep with the right line can do this trail pretty easily. I would say stock bronco on 31’s could do it as well. Not a jeep fanboy and not taking ANYTHING away from the Bronco in this vid or any for that matter, I am anxiously awaiting mine. Just keeping perspective watching these vids, Tire pressure, lockers, manual vs auto and as much as anything the right line can make all the difference.

Last edited:

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to thank everyone for the comments and kudos. I'm also open to constructive criticism so please don't be shy to post suggestions and recommendations as it'll only result in better content. I'm the driver of the Bronco in this video and the Bronco is a BL trim w/ the stock OEM Sasquatch lift, stock OEM armor, aftermarket Icon Rebound Pro wheels (17x8.5, 0mm offset), and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 MT tires (35x12.5"). I've done several trails out in Moab and in CO since taking delivery approximately 2 months ago. It's proven to be very capable in stock form (minus the wheels and tires) and I feel it's just as capable as the competition (Wranglers, 4Runners, Defenders, etc). That being said, I've identified some key upgrades and modifications that will improve the capabilities of the Bronco.
Dude you rocked it! I'm a big fan of you and your videos. They're very good quality without being over-produced. Also, your energy, positivity, and good attitude really bring a lot to the table.

This is ADVERTISING GOLD for those questioning the Bronco's rock-crawling capability. Honestly, it was NOT EVEN CLOSE how easy the Bronco made things look compared to the Jeeps. I really enjoyed watching the front end articulate, that is very satisfying to watch.

However - there is a huge component which contributed to this successful run which Ford is not responsible for - and that is YOUR driving skill. The combination of the rig, seeing other rigs go first, and your driving skill honestly put the rest to shame. (Even with AWFUL spotting btw)

The Badlands is an amazingly capable vehicle. But without an equally capable driver it is nothing.

Sponsored

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome video once again. It was nice to see you trotting around with the jeep guys. I think you may have won, one or two bronco fans from that crew. What lights are you running on the A-pillars?
Appreciate the feedback and comment. I'm running the Diode Dynamics Stage Series 3" SAE/DOT White PRO LED pod lights in the Flood beam pattern. They are pointed slight at an angle. I've tested this setup and can confirm that when angled slightly to the side it does not have any negative impact to the driver in front of me. I also have a rear 6" light bar in the rear to ensure visibility when backing up. Note: My setup is not for high speed / racing scenarios.

Great video, really shows the capabilities of the Bronco, impressive. Over all those obstacles were you always rear locked? Did you use the front locker also? Looking forward to seeing it with the upgraded shocks and control arms.
I'm glad this question has been raised. In majority of crawling situations, we always attempt the obstacle without locking our differentials. I know this sounds silly but there is greater satisfaction from conquering an obstacle without using the lockers. That being said, the level of difficulty, risk of damage, and my Bronco being at a slight disadvantage (stock lift) compared to the Jeeps, I used all of the tools at my disposal to make it up the obstacles. My rears were always locked and the front was locked typically mid obstacle or at the beginning but quickly disengaged.

Is this owner a member here? He’s the hero we all want but don’t deserve!
I'm the driver of the Bronco. :)

DukeofArmchair

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
However - there is a huge component which contributed to this successful run which Ford is not responsible for - and that is YOUR driving skill. The combination of the rig, seeing other rigs go first, and your driving skill honestly put the rest to shame. (Even with AWFUL spotting btw)

The Badlands is an amazingly capable vehicle. But without an equally capable driver it is nothing.

This (y) great vid BTW @broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a Bronco Nation vid of a non Sasquatch badlands through the same trail for those that haven’t seen it yet:

Appreciate you posting this video. Such a well produced video and it was very fun to watch. I'll be checking out their past and future episodes.

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an FYI the Goodyear tires MT stands for maximum traction. I would harbor to guess with that soft compound and all those tread sipes those will be really good in the snow. GY actually submitted these tires for 3 peak rating but they didn’t pass. I would say not seeing any information on how close they were to passing it was marginal or GY wouldn’t have submitted them. I bet in the near future you see this tire with that rating.
It's a bummer that they didn't get the 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol. I'm actually contemplating using these tires for the winter months to see how they perform.

That one dude needs to be fired from spotting. “Passenger, err driver, err passenger, no no driver.” The whole damn time.
It added an extra level of complexity and excitement with each obstacle. All good buddies out in the woods having fun :)

Just watched the video with my wife. Now granted those Jeeps are not built like the one in my garage, but my wife kept saying “I hope that Bronco just crawls right over it after watching the Jeeps struggle.” She too is about to be the owner of a 4Dr BL white w/ soft top.

And Ive been wheeling ALOT but holy crap, too many people chiming in on what path to take, turn passenger/driver when couple didn't sound too confident in their calls.
So we had a "talk" post the trail ride and moving forward only one shall spot/bark out orders :)

What exactly are you referring to here? I run and have run MT's on road and wheeling in the snow. If you have AT''s wheeling in the snow, have a nice day with that because they pack up fast and you'll be stuck spinning wheels until you run out of gas.
Shouldn't have said all Mud Terrains (MT) are bad in snow. My preference always is to run dedicated snow tires (i.e. Nokian Hakkapeliitta) or AT with the 3 peak symbol for on-road (pavement). I do not have a ton of experience with running on snow off-road and prefer to not be out there when there is snow. I'm still outdoors but I'm usually on my skis.

As always, great driving, great video, but Dude! How did you say Buena Vista? It's ok, but jeez.

Can't wait until you get your Kings and see what you can do with that suspension set up. Everywhere I look says "6 months" out for supply. Hope you can still get yours in Feb.
Yeah, it's a quirk and charm of this town. When the town was originally formed they all agreed to pronounce it "BEW-na Vista" and not "BWAY-na Vista".

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am impressed with how you make the obstacles look easy - the Jeeps show that they are not easy. I am impressed with how well your Bronco handles the trails. I am really impressed with the engine and how it puts out the right amount of torque and speed to just chug along and crawls without spinning and without getting a running start.
Appreciate the comment and kudos. As we all know, you win some and you lose some. I hope to be on the winning end majority of the time but coming up short is also part of wheeling.

I know it’s fun to bash the other brands to defend your loyalty to your new purchase. I have a Bronco on eternal order and have owned Jeeps in the past and seeing the manual guy in his keep brought back so many memories of guys with the old school mentality. Same guys that didn’t want antilock brakes when they came out, same guys that don’t like cruise control. With all that being said I’m super excited to get my bronco whenever that may be. I’m sure that everybody here knows that picking the right line can make a Obstacle look super difficult or super easy. I have done this trail many times, I did this trail in my stock 2004 Rubicon with 31 inch tires and walked up that same obstacle starting at the 14:20 mark in the vid while the guy behind me with 35s took him several attempts before eventually being pulled up.

This one is sometimes called the squeeze starting at the 30:10 mark in the vid where the spotter was telling the Bronco driver to go before he slides down. We had a stock YJ on whitewall 29"s :) that made it through with no issues. as a matter of fact he did the entire trail with minimal help. Lots of scraping and sometimes a decent amount of skinny pedal. :)

There are some obstacles that you have to be heavily modified for, This trail has a couple more difficult lines that these guys didn’t take the lines that they did take most any stock jeep with the right line can do this trail pretty easily. I would say stock bronco on 31’s could do it as well. Not a jeep fanboy and not taking ANYTHING away from the Bronco in this vid or any for that matter, I am anxiously awaiting mine. Just keeping perspective watching these vids, Tire pressure, lockers, manual vs auto and as much as anything the right line can make all the difference.
We were all running this trail for the first time. As such the driver of the lead rig (JK Rubi) had the dubious task of figuring out the line for the rest of us. I was the lucky recipient of seeing them all go through the obstacle and to form a strategy on what line would work best for me in my Bronco. At the end of the day, it's good buddies enjoying our hobbies (in our respective rigs) in the great outdoors.

Dude you rocked it! I'm a big fan of you and your videos. They're very good quality without being over-produced. Also, your energy, positivity, and good attitude really bring a lot to the table.

This is ADVERTISING GOLD for those questioning the Bronco's rock-crawling capability. Honestly, it was NOT EVEN CLOSE how easy the Bronco made things look compared to the Jeeps. I really enjoyed watching the front end articulate, that is very satisfying to watch.

Appreciate the feedback and kudos. I'm just a regular Joe filming my adventures with friends. I'm still working on refining the camera work and its settings as some shots weren't exposed correctly. The key is to keep improving and putting out fun content. :)

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broncoepic
Does your Bronco have the 360 camera view, and if so did you leverage that during this run?

I have to think that it would help tremendously to stay on your intended line, avoid smacking your side into the rocks (which looked like you came REALLY close to doing at one point), and understand what was likely to stencil your bash plates.

DukeofArmchair

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@broncoepic that is one of my favorite trails, Partly because you can make it more difficult or less difficult with various lines that are available. Glad you had a great time!đź‘Ť

Hopefully I’ll see you on the trails whenever I get my Bronco.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

To that end, I've ordered and I'm patiently waiting to take delivery of the King Shocks 2.5" adjustable coilover setup w/ adjustable compression as well as the RPG Off-road Upper Control Arm and Tie Rod kit. I've also reached out to a vendor in CO who specializes in armor to get a rough ETA for their Bronco offerings. In an upcoming video, I'll go over in detail the trail damage sustained and my thoughts on what I feel are the 'must have' modifications and upgrades.
Great work my friend. AdventureAlways!!

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video and awesome to see the Bronco making it look easy!

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncoepic
Does your Bronco have the 360 camera view, and if so did you leverage that during this run?

I have to think that it would help tremendously to stay on your intended line, avoid smacking your side into the rocks (which looked like you came REALLY close to doing at one point), and understand what was likely to stencil your bash plates.
Yes!! The 360 camera was on and used at all times. I can't tell you how useful this functionality is out on the trail.
@broncoepic that is one of my favorite trails, Partly because you can make it more difficult or less difficult with various lines that are available. Glad you had a great time!đź‘Ť

Hopefully I’ll see you on the trails whenever I get my Bronco.
I agree. It's a great trail and I can't to wait to go back and run it again.
Sponsored