First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a bummer that they didn't get the 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol. I'm actually contemplating using these tires for the winter months to see how they perform.

It added an extra level of complexity and excitement with each obstacle. All good buddies out in the woods having fun :)

So we had a "talk" post the trail ride and moving forward only one shall spot/bark out orders :)

Shouldn't have said all Mud Terrains (MT) are bad in snow. My preference always is to run dedicated snow tires (i.e. Nokian Hakkapeliitta) or AT with the 3 peak symbol for on-road (pavement). I do not have a ton of experience with running on snow off-road and prefer to not be out there when there is snow. I'm still outdoors but I'm usually on my skis.

Yeah, it's a quirk and charm of this town. When the town was originally formed they all agreed to pronounce it "BEW-na Vista" and not "BWAY-na Vista".
should have spelled it to sound that was as well then don't you think? I know its spelled out like banana but we call it HAMBURGER... LOl.
Sponsored

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know itā€™s fun to bash the other brands to defend your loyalty to your new purchase. I have a Bronco on eternal order and have owned Jeeps in the past and seeing the manual guy in his keep brought back so many memories of guys with the old school mentality. Same guys that didnā€™t want antilock brakes when they came out, same guys that donā€™t like cruise control and if that's what they want then cool. With all that being said Iā€™m super excited to get my bronco whenever that may be. Iā€™m sure that everybody here knows that picking the right line can make a Obstacle look super difficult or super easy. I have done this trail many times, I did this trail in my stock 2004 Rubicon with 31 inch tires and walked up that same obstacle starting at the 14:20 mark in the vid while the guy behind me with 35s took him several attempts before eventually being pulled up.

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpeg

This one is sometimes called the squeeze starting at the 30:10 mark in the vid where the spotter was telling the Bronco driver to go before he slides down. We had a stock YJ on whitewall 29"s :) that made it through with no issues. as a matter of fact he did the entire trail with minimal help. Lots of scraping and sometimes a decent amount of skinny pedal. :)
IMG_0198.jpeg

There are some obstacles that you have to be heavily modified for, This trail has a couple more difficult lines that these guys didnā€™t take the lines that they did take most any stock jeep with the right line can do this trail pretty easily. I would say stock bronco on 31ā€™s could do it as well. Not a jeep fanboy and not taking ANYTHING away from the Bronco in this vid or any for that matter, I am anxiously awaiting mine. Just keeping perspective watching these vids, Tire pressure, lockers, manual vs auto and as much as anything the right line can make all the difference.
Thanks for sharing and digging up the pics, that's super cool and super impressive.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco seemed to just walk up everything and the Jeeps kinda struggled .

The only thing I don't like is how much the Bronco scrapes, even with 35s.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broncoepic this was one of the most useful Bronco crawling videos Iā€™ve seen (by a very competent driver)! Great to see it with the Jeeps and multiple views of the same obstacles. I hope to get out to CO when I get my Bronco.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So thatā€™s why all the hard core off roaders want a manual šŸ˜‚
I could smell the clutch through my phone lol... And that's coming from a guy who wheels a manual 93 4Runner but is getting an auto squatch for exactly this reason. I'm tired of having to use the "clutch start cancel" button. The challenge of wheeling a manual is super fun, and I feel like I have more control over wheelspin, but a modern auto with traction control and lockers will make me look better than I am and let me focus more on wheel placement etc

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I liked it because it gave a great comparison and honestly the Bronco seemed to handle all those obstacles better. šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜‚
Bronco is good do not get me wrong but not telling the story you think it is.
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! 1636650680157

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is good do not get me wrong but not telling the story you think it is.
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! 1636650680157
The 4dr JK has a 3.5" Metal Cloak Game Changer lift with 35" tires, steering upgrades and aftermarket armor. The 2dr JL has a Mopar 2" lift with 37" tires, steering upgrades and aftermarket armor. We're comparing those vehicles to a stock Bronco w/ Sasquatch package on 35" tires, stock steering and armor.

When flexed (see pics below) my stock Bronco will lift a tire and I'll lose traction. When faced with with this situation, you have 1 of two options. You can lock and crawl up the obstacle which is what I chose to do. Or, you can give it hell and punch it up an obstacle which is what the JK Sahara had to do as his rig didn't have lockers.

The whole story is we're running challenging trails and obstacles such as Chinaman Gulch, The Wall @ Spring Creek, and Mini Moab and every single one of us will use the tools that are available to us to conquer them and not break.

4dr JK
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 3.08.14 PM

2dr JL
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 3.06.00 PM

Stock Bronco SAS 35" - Rear passenger tire lifts
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 3.07.36 PM

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 4dr JK has a 3.5" Metal Cloak Game Changer lift with 35" tires, steering upgrades and aftermarket armor. The 2dr JL has a Mopar 2" lift with 37" tires, steering upgrades and aftermarket armor. We're comparing those vehicles to a stock Bronco w/ Sasquatch package on 35" tires, stock steering and armor.

When flexed (see pics below) my stock Bronco will lift a tire and I'll lose traction. When faced with with this situation, you have 1 of two options. You can lock and crawl up the obstacle which is what I chose to do. Or, you can give it hell and punch it up an obstacle which is what the JK Sahara had to do as his rig didn't have lockers.

The whole story is we're running challenging trails and obstacles such as Chinaman Gulch, The Wall @ Spring Creek, and Mini Moab and every single one of us will use the tools that are available to us to conquer them and not break.

4dr JK
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 3.07.36 PM

2dr JL

Stock Bronco SAS 35" - Rear passenger tire lifts
I 100% agree with what you said, it is just everyone is comparing apples to oranges. Also the term "Stock rig" does not mean much anymore. I really do like your videos and did not mean any disrespect. Sweet to watch what your Bronco can do. How do you like the Baja Boss M/Ts. Went with KO2s and kinda wish I held out for Coppers/ Grapplers or Boos M/t. Just had to buy what I could get.

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I 100% agree with what you said, it is just everyone is comparing apples to oranges. Also the term "Stock rig" does not mean much anymore. I really do like your videos and did not mean any disrespect. Sweet to watch what your Bronco can do. How do you like the Baja Boss M/Ts. Went with KO2s and kinda wish I held out for Coppers/ Grapplers or Boos M/t. Just had to buy what I could get.
Oh gosh, didn't take any offense. It's really good conversation and I'm glad we can all have a civil conversation without the flame war. I love the M.T. Baja MTZ P3s MT tires. I typically run 10psi and they are providing plenty of grip and holding up well. The KO2s are a great tire and has been my choice of tire on my overland rigs for quite some time now. For rock crawling, I still prefer a true MT.

Ford had to step up with the Bronco to compete with the tried and true Wrangler. I still think the Wrangler is the better/easier platform to work on for rock crawling but I'm super excite to see what everyone does with the Bronco. I know I have some big plans for mine and I'm excited to get things going.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh gosh, didn't take any offense. It's really good conversation and I'm glad we can all have a civil conversation without the flame war. I love the M.T. Baja MTZ P3s MT tires. I typically run 10psi and they are providing plenty of grip and holding up well. The KO2s are a great tire and has been my choice of tire on my overland rigs for quite some time now. For rock crawling, I still prefer a true MT.

Ford had to step up with the Bronco to compete with the tried and true Wrangler. I still think the Wrangler is the better/easier platform to work on for rock crawling but I'm super excite to see what everyone does with the Bronco. I know I have some big plans for mine and I'm excited to get things going.
Yeah, I am eyeballing a Bronco for an overland rig but am still a few years out. 4 door badlands Sas is about perfect. I like the weight of the KO2s and they were great when I was in snow ice on a run this last weekend but when I hit the clay slime mud that was off camber I really wished I had a true MT. I had to winch myself back on the trail because everyone stopped to wait on an obstacle and just by coming to a stop my front did a slow ice slide off the trail. Was not sure if it was going to stop or not. Stupid part was one I got my front back on and pulled forward to a stop my rear hit the same spot and slid off. To be fair I could not eve walk on the slime mud. Was at 13 psi but probably should have been 7.

Sponsored

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I am eyeballing a Bronco for an overland rig but am still a few years out. 4 door badlands Sas is about perfect. I like the weight of the KO2s and they were great when I was in snow ice on a run this last weekend but when I hit the clay slime mud that was off camber I really wished I had a true MT. I had to winch myself back on the trail because everyone stopped to wait on an obstacle and just by coming to a stop my front did a slow ice slide off the trail. Was not sure if it was going to stop or not. Stupid part was one I got my front back on and pulled forward to a stop my rear hit the same spot and slid off. To be fair I could not eve walk on the slime mud. Was at 13 psi but probably should have been 7.
I donā€™t have a ton of experience off-roading in muddy condition as it not very common here in CO.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I donā€™t have a ton of experience off-roading in muddy condition as it not very common here in CO.
I do not like slimy mud but this was where I crunched my mirror last Saturday. Need to get tree (rock) sliders. PNW favors smaller rigs.
Ford Bronco Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch in CO! 1636683082035
Sponsored