First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the existing part number? I figured if it was updated it would end in C (A for 2.3 and B for 2.7) granted that doesn't mean anything since they could be phasing out the old one if this was truly retooled for 2022 Job 2.

If it is in fact different, then the engineering number stamped on it will have moved a letter from FT4E-6750-BF to FT4E-6750-BG
Here it
20220601_144123.jpg
is...

20220601_144047.jpg
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mystery solved...it is 18 1/16" from base of handle where it contacts the valve cover to the MAX mark. I will take a pic of the oil level at 7 quarts on this stick and share as soon as I get home.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here it
20220601_144123.jpg
is...

20220601_144047.jpg
As I mentioned I don't think this is a revision or a new number...I think Ford found an existing application that happens to work with the Bronco because the PN matches the F150 with a 3.5...

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever they did to sort things out I will be thrilled if I can just get an accurate reading without scribing my own estimate.

Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I mentioned I don't think this is a revision or a new number...I think Ford found an existing application that happens to work with the Bronco because the PN matches the F150 with a 3.5...
True, free is cheaper than the $1,000 estimate for retooling

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the BB at the end mean something different than just a B?
I don't write these things so I'm educationally guessing but I believe the first B is platform specific and the second B would designate an individual change (revision) but I could be wrong. Some info below that I am trying to correlate the best I can. It could be the first B is revision and second letter is the specific line?

MB3E is the engineering header for 2.7L's that go into Bronco's
ML3E would be the header for 2.7L's that go into 21 F-150's

6750 is the oil level indicator base part number (pretty generic)

BC is what appears to show for the 3.0L at the moment (but this was also in a re-tooling request)

I'm actually quite confused with all of this now lol.

Edit: FT4E appears to be the 2015 Nano design, specifically FWD. SO we could very well be getting closer to an issue being recycled (incorrect) parts. This throws the idea out of what (through many people so things get skewed) had said about it resting on a drain back port. Curious does the twist even change position? The comment on the twist was specifically worded in the filings for re-tooling so that's why I ask.

Last edited:

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mine was 6.5 maybe it was 6,675.. but close enough for me..

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mine was 6.5 maybe it was 6,675.. but close enough for me..
Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Note the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.
20220601_162510.jpg
20220601_162520.jpg
20220601_162733.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Notes the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.
20220601_162510.jpg
20220601_162520.jpg
20220601_162733.jpg
Thanks Rob!

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Rob!
You are most welcome...this stupid dipstick thing has haunted me since my first oil change back in October...my hope now is that it is TRULY the correct stick (it is now listed as such in the parts database) rather than Ford teasing us with a "7 quart oil capacity" and then later figuring out that it really holds 6 and then just finding that the 3.5 liter stick happens to have the 7-quart level fall into the hash mark range towards the upper limit (which it does beautifully). Call me skeptical but it seems ready odd that the "solution" to the intended stick being a quart off is repurposing an existing stick intended for an entirely different engine perplexes me. Even so, it makes me happier that at least all appears well as soon as I measure my oil.

I would wager that a lot of folks, however, will buy the right stick, then check their oil immediately after adding it and not wait the at least 15 minutes, and then complain that their oil measures too low...wait for it...

So to everyone...if you buy the correct stick, please wait until AFTER 15 minutes has passed after shutting off your car/adding oil to check the level (as per the manual).

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are most welcome...this stupid dipstick thing has haunted me since my first oil change back in October...my hope now is that it is TRULY the correct stick (it is now listed as such in the parts database) rather than Ford teasing us with a "7 quart oil capacity" and then later figuring out that it really holds 6 and then just finding that the 3.5 liter stick happens to have the 7-quart level fall into the hash mark range towards the upper limit (which it does beautifully). Call me skeptical but it seems ready odd that the "solution" to the intended stick being a quart off is repurposing an existing stick intended for an entirely different engine perplexes me. Even so, it makes me happier that at least all appears well as soon as I measure my oil.

I would wager that a lot of folks, however, will buy the right stick, then check their oil immediately after adding it and not wait the at least 15 minutes, and then complain that their oil measures too low...wait for it...

So to everyone...if you buy the correct stick, please wait until AFTER 15 minutes has passed after shutting off your car/adding oil to check the level (as per the manual).
Just want to point out that the engineering header classifies it specifically as a 2.7L Nano RWD U725 so I don’t actually think anything was reused from a 3.5L but I am also not saying that’s absolute either.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

It's been bothering me too. I can't believe Ford could make this kind of mistake to begin with let alone taking a year after production to correct it.

Whenever I change my oil I always make a final check after it's been sitting overnight and top off in the morning.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just want to point out that the engineering header classifies it specifically as a 2.7L Nano RWD U725 so I don’t actually think anything was reused from a 3.5L but I am also not saying that’s absolute either.
My limited researching on this part number comes up specific to the 21-22 Bronco. Not sure where the 3.5l link originated from. A lot of these part numbers seem seem similar and I confused them a couple times.

Interesting this part number was referenced back in January.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ps-replacement-drain-plugs.25658/post-1147186
Sponsored