Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
How about finally addressing us with accurate information to bring clarification to this embarassing situation. Dont you see how this reflects on you? The owners all want to perform proper oil changes, but we need YOU as manufacturer to step up to the plate.
Take action!
Ford has already addressed the issue with an SSM. Don’t expect them to send you a letter or something notifying you of the change. They want dealers performing vehicle maintenance, so I’m guessing the SSM is probably all that will be released about it. And I’m sure they will quietly fix any owners manual sections that say 7 quarts still.
Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did they say?
"Thanks for bringing this to our attention. we have researched and updated all our oil change charts and researched the dipstick part number you noted. Our research showed that part number was for a 2022 bronco only at this time. Vehicle spec for the 2.7 in the bronco is 7.0 quarts, Jimmy said he was sending the extra quart with Jarrod at no charge. Once again we thank you for bringing this to our attention, sorry for any inconvenience, we look forward to your business as always."

They gave me an extra quart for free to add to the engine. I also asked about the dipstick but they couldn't confirm availability for the 2021 Bronco.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has already addressed the issue with an SSM. Don’t expect them to send you a letter or something notifying you of the change. They want dealers performing vehicle maintenance, so I’m guessing the SSM is probably all that will be released about it. And I’m sure they will quietly fix any owners manual sections that say 7 quarts still.
So, read Wolfeman above. This issue is NOT resolved, what a fxxxx mess!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, read Wolfeman above. This issue is NOT resolved, what a fxxxx mess!
He said he had his oil changed the very beginning of July. The information and the SSM was just released by Ford 5 days ago. So once again, it IS resolved.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be more settled if Ford also updated the initial fill. As it stands the gap between initial fill and exchange with filter is 3x that of the Raptor 3.0.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Thanks for bringing this to our attention. we have researched and updated all our oil change charts and researched the dipstick part number you noted. Our research showed that part number was for a 2022 bronco only at this time. Vehicle spec for the 2.7 in the bronco is 7.0 quarts, Jimmy said he was sending the extra quart with Jarrod at no charge. Once again we thank you for bringing this to our attention, sorry for any inconvenience, we look forward to your business as always."

They gave me an extra quart for free to add to the engine. I also asked about the dipstick but they couldn't confirm availability for the 2021 Bronco.
He said he had his oil changed the very beginning of July. The information and the SSM was just released by Ford 5 days ago. So once again, it IS resolved.
How can it be resolved when Ford's "research" verifies it is 7 quarts for a '21 with a dipstick that reads high and only 6 for a '22 with a different dipstick? This can only mean the oil pans are different or they removed a quart's worth of plumbing on the 2022 models.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How can it be resolved when Ford's "research" verifies it is 7 quarts for a '21 with a dipstick that reads high and only 6 for a '22 with a different dipstick? This can only mean the oil pans are different or they removed a quart's worth of plumbing on the 2022 models.
Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen an article or statement from Ford (not some random dealer) verifying that it is 7 quarts for a 2021 and 6 quarts for a 2022.

According to the SSM they just released, both 2021 and 2022 MY Bronco's get 6 quarts.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, Ducati, so you must be an insider and have access to relatively brand new documentation. Why don't you prove your point, validate your statement by sharing this secretive SSM, whatever that is, here on the forum. That would clearly provide good information. And as I said, because @Ford is a failure..........................thanks

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK, Ducati, so you must be an insider and have access to relatively brand new documentation. Why don't you prove your point, validate your statement by sharing this secretive SSM, whatever that is, here on the forum. That would clearly provide good information. And as I said, because @Ford is a failure..........................thanks
It's already been posted somewhere on here, but here it is again. You might need to zoom in on it, not sure how else to get a picture of it posted.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct SSM 50981

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeez, there are 2 threads on this now with so many pages. Different dip sticks, part numbers, oil pans, theories, etc. I keep scanning through them looking for same thing.

All I want to know is...is it 6 or 7 quarts. If still not confirmed go with 6.5? .5 quart over or under filled is the best compromise?
What a mess for such a simple thing!

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, my onboard user manual still says 7 qt.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 20220805_091133
the SSM clearly says they are in the process of updating owners manuals.
meaning, not completed yet.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen an article or statement from Ford (not some random dealer) verifying that it is 7 quarts for a 2021 and 6 quarts for a 2022.

According to the SSM they just released, both 2021 and 2022 MY Bronco's get 6 quarts.
Post #1 in this thread, "Bronco Team Engineering" is/was the source of verification of 7 quarts

And wolfeman's dealer felt confident enough in their research that the 21 takes 7. Enough confidence to insist he add the additional quart. I am sure they conducted their "research" somewhere other than this forum or thread in particular. My hope would be they at the very least dragged their zone rep into the discussion.

And my 21 has had its oil changed twice by my dealer with 7 quarts each time. Apparently however charts and manuals for 22s and forward all say 6

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's already been posted somewhere on here, but here it is again. You might need to zoom in on it, not sure how else to get a picture of it posted.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 20220805_091133
Let's assume that is final, 6 qts. Are the dipsticks in early '21s accurate or not?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Post #1 in this thread, "Bronco Team Engineering" is/was the source of verification of 7 quarts

And wolfeman's dealer felt confident enough in their research that the 21 takes 7. Enough confidence to insist he add the additional quart. I am sure they conducted their "research" somewhere other than this forum or thread in particular. My hope would be they at the very least dragged their zone rep into the discussion.

And my 21 has had its oil changed twice by my dealer with 7 quarts each time. Apparently however charts and manuals for 22s and forward all say 6
I don't have an answer to that, I don't know who all was involved with this original post. All I know is that Ford never actually acknowledged, in writing, anything about the oil level being correct or incorrect until they released this new SSM that I know of.
Sponsored