First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one cares, it only matters how much oil you put back in and if you can figure that out then you shouldn’t post on this thread :LOL: :p

In all seriousness, I just added that drain plug to my cart for future purchase! Thanks for the link!
I went with this one because it has little tabs to keep it from backing out and a magnet and a ridge to put a hose on in case you want to leave your skid plate on:

https://www.uprproducts.com/upr-for...for-mustang-f150-raptor-edge-explorer-bronco/
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled up the on-line Owner's Manual. It specifically says 7 quarts for the 2.7 engine. I have a new dipstick on order (backordered till later this August) MB3Z-6750-F. My Dealer is fully aware of this issue as they have had multiple owner's order this dipstick and they are aware of the part# changes. What we should be asking ourselves??????.....is why FORD has not issued a bulletin on this AND issue new dipsticks for all affected vehicles at their co$t?!?!?
F stick is not correct...I have one of those and it accurately measures 7 quarts. It was replaced by the C stick.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

F stick is not correct...I have one of those and it accurately measures 7 quarts. It was replaced by the C stick.
Based on recommendations here and from my Dealer...that is what I and others (at the Dealership and in this Group) have ordered. So at this point.....I am totally confused. The saga continues........

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based on recommendations here and from my Dealer...that is what I and others (at the Dealership and in this Group) have ordered. So at this point.....I am totally confused. The saga continues........
The F stick which is the Raptor stick is the correct one for 7qt… in the 2.7

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeez, there are 2 threads on this now with so many pages. Different dip sticks, part numbers, oil pans, theories, etc. I keep scanning through them looking for same thing.

All I want to know is...is it 6 or 7 quarts. If still not confirmed go with 6.5? .5 quart over or under filled is the best compromise?
What a mess for such a simple thing!
Yeah they are hard to keep up on them all. Basically it goes like this...

People started noticing that their dipsticks were showing up into the twist, well past the max mark.. They also noticed the ford documentation had conflicting information between 6 and 7 quarts.

So Flip (I believe it was) used some back channels to reach out to Ford engineers to confirm how many quarts. That confirmation came back as 7 (confirmed by back channel ford engineers)

So then the hunt went on to find a dipstick that would register 7 quarts correctly. It was also noticed that for a brief time period, Ford actually seemed to have secretly changed the part number.... But again that was short-lived.

And now the latest, Ford has seemed to address the issue by working on making everything "match" meaning they are updating all the documentation, and the latest version of the dipstick goes back to measuring 6 quarts, like the original, however the twist is up a little bit higher as to why...we don't know.

So now people are divided as to whether or not 6 (which is the amount of oil that all previous 2.7's took) or 7 which is the number that was put in some Ford literature (which we all know how good Ford proofreads) and was never backed up by the physical dipstick they put in the engines.

What makes the 7 quart argument even worse, was that some official Ford representatives originally stated that they went through the trouble of adding 1 quart to the Bronco on purpose. But that was a long time ago And it's not like anything that Ford has said hasn't been backstepped before.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone have a clue to oil fill levels on the 61+ failed engines? Obviously most if not all were still on factory fill due to low miles at failure. It begs the question, if it is supposed to be 6 and you put in 7 and engine fails, (or put in only 6) are you up Schitt's Creek?
Ford has never blamed the engine oil capacity for any warranty claims. Many people had the original factory overfill of 7, many had changed their oil (unnecessarily IMO) at 1000 miles and then had their engine go. And some had 6 quarts because they went by the dipstick (and many dealers were originally only putting in 6, because that's what the 2.7 is known to take)

It is been pretty much established, that the issue was the valves/valve keepers and has no impact on your oil level in the pan.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah they are hard to keep up on them all. Basically it goes like this...

People started noticing that their dipsticks were showing up into the twist, well past the max mark.. They also noticed the ford documentation had conflicting information between 6 and 7 quarts.

So Flip (I believe it was) used some back channels to reach out to Ford engineers to confirm how many quarts. That confirmation came back as 7 (confirmed by back channel ford engineers)

So then the hunt went on to find a dipstick that would register 7 quarts correctly. It was also noticed that for a brief time period, Ford actually seemed to have secretly changed the part number.... But again that was short-lived.

And now the latest, Ford has seemed to address the issue by working on making everything "match" meaning they are updating all the documentation, and the latest version of the dipstick goes back to measuring 6 quarts, like the original, however the twist is up a little bit higher as to why...we don't know.

So now people are divided as to whether or not 6 (which is the amount of oil that all previous 2.7's took) or 7 which is the number that was put in some Ford literature (which we all know how good Ford proofreads) and was never backed up by the physical dipstick they put in the engines.

What makes the 7 quart argument even worse, was that some official Ford representatives originally stated that they went through the trouble of adding 1 quart to the Bronco on purpose. But that was a long time ago And it's not like anything that Ford has said hasn't been backstepped before.
TL,DR 🙃

Ford to Bronco owners: We put 7.5 quarts in during factory dry fills. You should put 7 quarts in during service changes. 📖✅

Knucklehead Bronco owners: Hey, why is the oil level on the dipstick too high with 7 quarts? 🤔

Ford: [Introduces multiple dipstick revisions with no explanation.] 🧙‍♂️🎩🐇

Knucklehead Bronco owners: WTF?!? 🤯🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Ford Engineers to Bronco owners: Uhh, use 6 quarts during service changes, not 7. [Silently deletes 7.5 quart service fill from all documents.] 😵💁‍♂️😬

Knucklehead Bronco owners : Fucking Rockstars! 🤨 I’m gonna stick with 7 quarts until I get a better explanation. :cautious:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The F stick which is the Raptor stick is the correct one for 7qt… in the 2.7
Thank you.....that is what I have ordered and what the dealer said to order. I guess the proof will be to use it, change with 7 quarts and see what it reads. Thanks again!!!!

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you.....that is what I have ordered and what the dealer said to order. I guess the proof will be to use it, change with 7 quarts and see what it reads. Thanks again!!!!
I have the Raptor stick and yes it reads accurately at 7 quarts...but the dealer you ordered from must not have been aware of the SSM that indicates you should be using 6 quarts, and in the parts catalog for the Bronco 2.7 the only stick listed now is this one:

20220801_134212.jpg

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Raptor stick and yes it reads accurately at 7 quarts...but the dealer you ordered from must not have been aware of the SSM that indicates you should be using 6 quarts, and in the parts catalog for the Bronco 2.7 the only stick listed now is this one:

20220801_134212.jpg
A quick way to confirm that the C stick is the correct one is to call a dealer now that the catalog updated (that happened just days ago). I believe that the C stick (after the very short time the F/M sticks were in there) is the only choice (at least until Ford tells us 6 quarts isn't correct either...). The good news is that you don't even need another stick if you have the OEM one with the H on the handle, because it is an exact match to the fill line and max hole on the C stick. If you have 6 quarts per the SSM your OEM stick will work just fine.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the same order... Raptor stick..... will be using 7qt. in my Bronco..... don't trust Ford on the 6qt. They are just covering up their stick screw up.... 4000 miles on mine now with 7.5 factory fill....

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 20220801_134212
Seems like this info changes weekly. I guess for now I will keep the OEM stick, hold onto the F stick and see how many quarts they continue to suggest. If 7 quarts does not cause a problem.....what the heck....go with the F stick and put in 7 quarts. I have tons of FP points to use for oil changes. Hopefully when needed....my Dealer can figure it out (things may change again by then). Thanks for all the info.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same order... Raptor stick..... will be using 7qt. in my Bronco..... don't trust Ford on the 6qt. They are just covering up their stick screw up.... 4000 miles on mine now with 7.5 factory fill....
Not sure of the logic on that one...if Ford is truly covering up a stick screw up, why would they have added TWO additional 7 quart sticks (screwing up 2 more times), THEN screwed up a third time by listing the CURRENT 6 quart stick as the only correct one in the catalog? ESPECIALLY because the OEM stick and the C stick both measure accurately at 6 quarts...so technically, if Ford wants to, they can write their screw up as an inaccurate capacity screw up, not a stick screw up...which basically the SSM already does). It would have been much easier to simply screw up once and cut off the stream of new sticks by just putting out a memo indicating that the F stick was the final answer...but that is not what happened. With the cost of engines and lack of availabilty of them, Ford would have to have very few brain cells to reduce oil capacity across the board (at the risk of engine damage) simply to "cover up" a stick mishap (especially the THIRD mishap). I imagine you (hopefully) will follow the manual for other capacities and instructions, so why choose to purposefully ignore the oil capacity section?

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OMG, 28 Pages of confusion, and these are half way informed Bronco riders, now think of those that know nothing and depend entirely on the service dept.
What a cluster fxxx !

And then there are those that think Ford issuing a SSM (whatever useless thing that is to a consumer!) Resolves everything, dah!

Instead of playing cards, Ford owes each 2.7 owner a letter, a new and proper dipstick, and an apology fir causing soooo much confusion.
Sponsored