First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OMG, 28 Pages of confusion, and these are half way informed Bronco riders, now think of those that know nothing and depend entirely on the service dept.
What a cluster fxxx !

And then there are those that think Ford issuing a SSM (whatever useless thing that is to a consumer!) Resolves everything, dah!

Instead of playing cards, Ford owes each 2.7 owner a letter, a new and proper dipstick, and an apology fir causing soooo much confusion.
Agree đź’Ż. If, however, 6 is correct, the good news is that the OEM stick is accurate. In the Ford letter they also should address why we needed the C stick because it measures the same as the OEM stick (unless it is as simple as Ford can use the extra 20 bucks per stick that they charge).
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure of the logic on that one...if Ford is truly covering up a stick screw up, why would they have added TWO additional 7 quart sticks (screwing up 2 more times), THEN screwed up a third time by listing the CURRENT 6 quart stick as the only correct one in the catalog? ESPECIALLY because the OEM stick and the C stick both measure accurately at 6 quarts...so technically, if Ford wants to, they can write their screw up as an inaccurate capacity screw up, not a stick screw up...which basically the SSM already does). It would have been much easier to simply screw up once and cut off the stream of new sticks by just putting out a memo indicating that the F stick was the final answer...but that is not what happened. With the cost of engines and lack of availabilty of them, Ford would have to have very few brain cells to reduce oil capacity across the board (at the risk of engine damage) simply to "cover up" a stick mishap (especially the THIRD mishap). I imagine you (hopefully) will follow the manual for other capacities and instructions, so why choose to purposefully ignore the oil capacity section?

I think it is very feasable that this is a matter of bureaucracy the left arm and right arm not knowing what each other is doing.

IMO, someone at Ford tried to correct the real problem with the faulty dipstick and someone else (obviously with more authority) decided to undo that and go with a different "fix"

People talk about Ford as if it's a single person who is making all these decisions. Hell I work at a relatively smaller company (team of 25) and no way in hell one person, even management, knows all that is going on.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know why the owners manual no longer lists any oil info for the 2.7L? Under Engine Oil Capacity and Specifications It just says:

For filling information, please refer to the Capacities and Specifications section of your owner's manual. See Engine Oil Capacity and Specification - 2.3L EcoBoost™.
Nothing for the 2.7. And according to the H-labeled dipstick, on the car we took delivery of this week, it only came with about 6 liters in it anyway. Unless we somehow have a shorter dipstick with an H on it and don’t know it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know why the owners manual no longer lists any oil info for the 2.7L? Under Engine Oil Capacity and Specifications It just says:

Nothing for the 2.7. And according to the H-labeled dipstick, on the car we took delivery of this week, it only came with about 6 liters in it anyway. Unless we somehow have a shorter dipstick with an H on it and don’t know it.
You have to go down further. It’s under capacities and specifications, not maintenance.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea, that’s what I clicked on. And that’s all it says for me.
Follow the highlighted sections in these pictures.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 3BBCB103-331A-4B23-AB38-54811BAB5E53
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 4C9B7C0C-B762-4373-A156-DB0939335BD7
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 5D0B91AD-860A-4F80-9FC4-E28CB9A4D33F

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you saying your new Bronco 2.7 oil level, when checked using the owners manual procedure, shows at/near the full line?

If so, 1 of these must be true
1) Factory fill has been corrected on recent Broncos
2) Dealer adjusted overfilled factory fill by removing a qt during inspection
3) Dip stick changed - unlikely
4) Valve cover / oil pan / some other engine part changed - extremely unlikely

Can you take a look at your engine label to let us know the engine build date? It would be interesting if a dealer on here is seeing a change in factory fill level on newer engines.

e.g. in these pics the engine was built in 2021 on the 308 day of the year (Nov 4th 2021).

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 1661692343367

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 1661692378189

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This whole mess remains a public relations failure, complete, total disaster. I am so fxx confused!

The worst part; Ford could have used this to create positive interactions with customers, making repeat buying probable.

Why did we never receive a message from Ford on this thread "this is not an experience we want you to have..."?

So now I must believe my Bronco was delivered with one quart too much, one inaccurate dip stick, my dealer made 2 incorrect oil changes.......

This is the stuff that will push people away from Ford products!

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you saying your new Bronco 2.7 oil level, when checked using the owners manual procedure, shows at/near the full line?

If so, 1 of these must be true
1) Factory fill has been corrected on recent Broncos
2) Dealer adjusted overfilled factory fill by removing a qt during inspection
3) Dip stick changed - unlikely
4) Valve cover / oil pan / some other engine part changed - extremely unlikely

Can you take a look at your engine label to let us know the engine build date? It would be interesting if a dealer on here is seeing a change in factory fill level on newer engines.

e.g. in these pics the engine was built in 2021 on the 308 day of the year (Nov 4th 2021).
We were driving down to the beach yesterday, so I couldn’t take a pick. But here ya go. I think June 23 I think is the build date.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 8DC4333A-21B9-44D4-9491-0FC33B1AB523

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without reading all of this. How much oil does the 2.7 take?
Whoa, you are 29 pages deep into this topic. You can't just ask for an answer on something people have been ripping their hair out over for months.

Besides, motor oil in the Bronco is truly an art form, up to the interpretation of each and every owner.

porkchop express

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 camaro ss 1le, 2017 focus st, 2020 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
(n) Even from a fellow michigander. I spend too much time on this silly site already. I have time, My build is the end of Sept.;)

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(n) Even from a fellow michigander. I spend too much time on this silly site already. I have time, My build is the end of Sept.;)
Let us know what you get from the factory please.
Sponsored