Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(n) Even from a fellow michigander. I spend too much time on this silly site already. I have time, My build is the end of Sept.;)
Sorry, I could not resist :ROFLMAO: This whole thing has been more drama than it ever needed to be. You got one answer but about half the people on this thread will give you another. FWIW, I am on team "7 quart", at least for now.
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7qts is what I’m running with this stick to show 7qts

BBF5CFBC-26A4-4148-BA08-D44B8173B302.jpeg
Note that this part number is not for the 2.7...it is for the Raptor. If you want to use the wrong stick and the wrong amount of oil, and pretend to have a Raptor, nothing stopping you. If you are seeking the CORRECT/latest from Ford/non-conspiracy theory amount for YOUR vehicle, simply type your VIN here: https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/ then click HTML manual (NOT "past manuals"). I will bet that it says 5.7 liters/6 quarts. As for the stick, if yours has an H on the handle, it will accurately measure 6.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Note that this part number is not for the 2.7...it is for the Raptor. If you want to use the wrong stick and the wrong amount of oil, and pretend to have a Raptor, nothing stopping you. If you are seeking the CORRECT/latest from Ford/non-conspiracy theory amount for YOUR vehicle, simply type your VIN here: https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/ then click HTML manual (NOT "past manuals"). I will bet that it says 5.7 liters/6 quarts. As for the stick, if yours has an H on the handle, it will accurately measure 6.
Pg 407- 7qt Bob.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pg 407- 7qt Bob.
Ford has not yet updated the PDF version, and they (obviously) can't update your paper version unless they come to your house and swap manuals. The HTML version is the most up to date. Also note the SSM AND the newest (and the only listed correct stick for our 2.7s in the Ford catalog) is the C stick...no longer the F stick. I get that the title of this thread is that Ford engineering confirmed seven quarts is correct, but that is old news and it is important to note that since then Ford determined that six quarts is the correct amount. If people who still insist on running 7 quarts trust Ford enough to buy their Bronco (and follow Ford's other information) why don't they trust them enough to follow the latest information available from them? Folks who choose to run 7 quarts (despite the latest information available) should start a threat entitled "why I choose to run 7 quarts despite the latest information available"... At least then the folks who are new to the forum who are seeking the correct information will be able to make their own decision within context.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 20220801_134212

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford has not yet updated the PDF version, and they (obviously) can't update your paper version unless they come to your house and swap manuals. The HTML version is the most up to date. Also note the SSM AND the newest (and the only listed correct stick for our 2.7s in the Ford catalog) is the C stick...no longer the F stick. I get that the title of this thread is that Ford engineering confirmed seven quarts is correct, but that is old news and it is important to note that since then Ford determined that six quarts is the correct amount. If people who still insist on running 7 quarts trust Ford enough to buy their Bronco (and follow Ford's other information) why don't they trust them enough to follow the latest information available from them? Folks who choose to run 7 quarts (despite the latest information available) should start a threat entitled "why I choose to run 7 quarts despite the latest information available"... At least then the folks who are new to the forum who are seeking the correct information will be able to make their own decision within context.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct 20220801_134212
I guess the reason I don't trust Ford with their 6qt answer is they have never touched my engine for the year I have owned it when they first put 7.5 qts in it and say it is ok to run 7qts.... and my Bronco screen still says 7 qts and my Ford Pass says 7 qts. and NO I do not have a paper manual...

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's been pointed out, but here's how this goes:

Engineering: we designed the 2.7 for the Bronco to hold 7 qts of oil, to account for the steep trail angles they might encounter.
Dealers/customers/etc: Hey these dipsticks read way high if we add 7 qts, what gives?
Engineering: we designed it to have 7 qts...we'll check on what happened.
[Engineering checks on what happens and discovers that someone f'd up design/sourcing/whatever and dipsticks are made wrong]
Engineering to management: Hey these dipsticks are wrong. We have a new one designed and ready to go that will work. We should replace them.
Finance: how much are they?
PR: wait, you want to publicly admit another thing we f'd up on the Bronco?
Finance: whoa...that doesn't seem like a lot of money per dipstick, but it adds up when you multiply it by all the 2.7 Broncos...
Soon to be rising star in management: what of we just change the designed capacity to match the dipsticks we sent?
Upper management: what would that cost?
IT: Just a few minutes of tech time to do a search and replace for 7 qts to 6 qts and push a new version of the manual.
PR: but what about the previous manuals and paper manuals?
Upper management: what paper manuals? 'Who controls the past controls the future' or something like that. Bwahaha.
Engineering: but...
Finance: will this result in more warranty claims?
Engineering: well no, but...
Risk management: we like it
PR: we like it
Finance: we like it
Upper management: Done! Next item?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been pointed out, but here's how this goes:

Engineering: we designed the 2.7 for the Bronco to hold 7 qts of oil, to account for the steep trail angles they might encounter.
Dealers/customers/etc: Hey these dipsticks read way high if we add 7 qts, what gives?
Engineering: we designed it to have 7 qts...we'll check on what happened.
[Engineering checks on what happens and discovers that someone f'd up design/sourcing/whatever and dipsticks are made wrong]
Engineering to management: Hey these dipsticks are wrong. We have a new one designed and ready to go that will work. We should replace them.
Finance: how much are they?
PR: wait, you want to publicly admit another thing we f'd up on the Bronco?
Finance: whoa...that doesn't seem like a lot of money per dipstick, but it adds up when you multiply it by all the 2.7 Broncos...
Soon to be rising star in management: what of we just change the designed capacity to match the dipsticks we sent?
Upper management: what would that cost?
IT: Just a few minutes of tech time to do a search and replace for 7 qts to 6 qts and push a new version of the manual.
PR: but what about the previous manuals and paper manuals?
Upper management: what paper manuals? 'Who controls the past controls the future' or something like that. Bwahaha.
Finance: will this result in more warranty claims?
Engineering: well no, but...
Risk management: we like it
PR: we like it
Finance: we like it
Upper management: Done! Next item?
Great theory but if Ford is trying to publicly avoid admitting they screwed up they wouldn't have added yet ANOTHER new stick to the catalog (the C stick). The end game is that whether it is 6 or 7 Ford STILL went with a new stick. If 7 quarts is in fact accurate, and Ford wanted to run silent about it, why would they have added two new sticks that measured 7 quarts, THEN removed them and added the 6 quart stick, AND then changed out the HTML and issued a SSM? Regardless, new vehicles are arriving with 6 and documentation is reflecting 6. I sincerely doubt that all the future owners are going to revert back to 7 just because this thread/forum has some members who want to believe in 7.

Question...which of these pans looks bigger? Not very scientific, I know...but for those of you who believe in the 7-quart pan, which one appears to be able to hold that additional quart? One is the Bronco pan...the other is an F150 pan. Until someone has their hands on both, and adds 6 quarts to each and measures the level from the top rails to the surface, and compares the distances, I will go with the latest accurate information.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct Screenshot_20220817-063509_Chrome

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great theory but if Ford is trying to publicly avoid admitting they screwed up they wouldn't have added yet ANOTHER new stick to the catalog (the C stick). The end game is that whether it is 6 or 7 Ford STILL went with a new stick. If 7 quarts is in fact accurate, and Ford wanted to run silent about it, why would they have added two new sticks that measured 7 quarts, THEN removed them and added the 6 quart stick, AND then changed out the HTML and issued a SSM? Regardless, new vehicles are arriving with 6 and documentation is reflecting 6. I sincerely doubt that all the future owners are going to revert back to 7 just because this thread/forum has some members who want to believe in 7.

Question...which of these pans looks bigger? Not very scientific, I know...but for those of you who believe in the 7-quart pan, which one appears to be able to hold that additional quart? One is the Bronco pan...the other is an F150 pan. Until someone has their hands on both, and adds 6 quarts to each and measures the level from the top rails to the surface, and compares the distances, I will go with the latest accurate information.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct Screenshot_20220817-063509_Chrome
Top one is bigger and looks like it holds 7qts.... :)

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I feel people are trolling you...lol. I mean really... 🤦🤷😂😂

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2021 Explorer 3.0 takes 6qts.

Bronco Raptor 3.0 takes 7qts.

Maybe Ford engineering was referring to the changes for the Ford Performance Bronco Raptor, not the pedestrian Ford Bronco?

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=7505&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA
I’m thinking the same thing.

Bronco 2.7 oil pan: MB3Z-6675-B
Bronco Raptor 3.0 oil pan: N2DZ-6675-A

If they’re both 7 quarts, why even change the pan? Both engines are practically identical and they’re both going in the same chassis. Until we see both I can’t say for sure what the difference is, but this makes it seem like the 2.7 is 6 quarts (like Ford now says) and the Raptor 3.0 is 7 quarts like they’ve always said.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If they’re both 7 quarts, why even change the pan? Both engines are practically identical and they’re both going in the same chassis. Until we see both I can’t say for sure what the difference is, but this makes it seem like the 2.7 is 6 quarts (like Ford now says) and the Raptor 3.0 is 7 quarts like they’ve always said.
How did the Raptor pan get off costing $8 less. I was expecting $200 more just because Raptor.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I feel people are trolling you...lol. I mean really... 🤦🤷😂😂
no shit, but we're trying to help out other users by supplying the most up to date info from Ford.

not everyone can/will read 3 or 4 threads and 1000's of posts. purposefully putting out false information is rude.

the least they can do is provide the fact that Ford addressed this and 6qts is official in their posts and explain why they think their number is better for them than Ford's.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did the Raptor pan get off costing $8 less. I was expecting $200 more just because Raptor.
All depends where you're finding it for sale.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmmm. now you have me thinking of upgrading to the Raptor oil pan and dipstick!

I would only bother if there was more baffling, keeping the oil where it needs to be. Otherwise the extra qt is only good for cooling and longevity. I'm not running WOT for long stretches, I don't need (right now) extra cooling or longer life.

wait, isn't there also more oil coolers? or is it just an extra transmission cooler? thankfully this mod would be way down on my list of things I want/need.
Sponsored