Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wait, isn't there also more oil coolers? or is it just an extra transmission cooler? thankfully this mod would be way down on my list of things I want/need.
I only see the one oil cooler in the workshop manual (same one as the 2.7)
Sponsored

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the last 180+ days I've not gotten a good nights sleep. I've been diagnosed with a roaring case of "dipstickphobia" complicated by deep "lubricant-level-uncertainty." I have exhausted the maximum amount my healthcare provider allows for counseling services. I decided if I ever wish to get better, I must stop reading this thread. This morning I confidently strolled out to my Black Diamond, popped the inside hood release and learned how to release the outside hood latch. My yellow dipstick handle has a large "H" on it. I took a breath and like Arthur removing Excalibur from its stone sheath, I pulled that puppy out with one smooth yank. The shiny end of the dipstick extended up to the top mark on the old yellow "H" tool. Whew, I dodged a major caliber bullet. I'm expecting a good night's sleep tonight. Sayonara, boys and peace out!

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the last 180+ days I've not gotten a good nights sleep. I've been diagnosed with a roaring case of "dipstickphobia" complicated by deep "lubricant-level-uncertainty." I have exhausted the maximum amount my healthcare provider allows for counseling services. I decided if I ever wish to get better, I must stop reading this thread. This morning I confidently strolled out to my Black Diamond, popped the inside hood release and learned how to release the outside hood latch. My yellow dipstick handle has a large "H" on it. I took a breath and like Arthur removing Excalibur from its stone sheath, I pulled that puppy out with one smooth yank. The shiny end of the dipstick extended up to the top mark on the old yellow "H" tool. Whew, I dodged a major caliber bullet. I'm expecting a good night's sleep tonight. Sayonara, boys and peace out!
And there you have it...six quarts in your pan! Well done.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m thinking the same thing.

Bronco 2.7 oil pan: MB3Z-6675-B
Bronco Raptor 3.0 oil pan: N2DZ-6675-A

If they’re both 7 quarts, why even change the pan? Both engines are practically identical and they’re both going in the same chassis. Until we see both I can’t say for sure what the difference is, but this makes it seem like the 2.7 is 6 quarts (like Ford now says) and the Raptor 3.0 is 7 quarts like they’ve always said.
The Bronco Raptor comes with a reinforced chassis and an upgraded suspension setup... there was the need for a little modification of the outside oil pan

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

there was the need for a little modification of the outside oil pan
Lol do you have proof of this? Or are you sharing more incorrect information?

Reinforced chassis and different suspension plays no part in oil pan design as far as I can see. Nothing has changed anywhere around the oil pan making it necessary to be different. Raptor 3.0 oil pan removal procedure in the workshop manual is identical to the 2.7

Sponsored

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case it helps, I just had my first oil change done at the dealership and they put in 6qt.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol do you have proof of this? Or are you sharing more incorrect information?

Reinforced chassis and different suspension plays no part in oil pan design as far as I can see. Nothing has changed anywhere around the oil pan making it necessary to be different. Raptor 3.0 oil pan removal procedure in the workshop manual is identical to the 2.7
So you are saying since the oil pan removal procedure is the same... then the oil pans are the same??? Hummm... thought you said they were different part #s... guess I was wrong... must be the same pan....

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are saying since the oil pan removal procedure is the same... then the oil pans are the same??? Hummm... thought you said they were different part #s... guess I was wrong... must be the same pan....
or he was saying since the removal procedure is the same, there are no frame or suspension changes interfering with the oil pan... :rolleyes:

edit to add roll eyes

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought I’ve been reading on the forum that updated manuals say 6 qts for the 2.7. I just checked the 6/22 dated one that’s linked from my ford pass app and it still says 7 qts 🤷

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I’ve been reading on the forum that updated manuals say 6 qts for the 2.7. I just checked the 6/22 dated one that’s linked from my ford pass app and it still says 7 qts 🤷
html manuals have been updated

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is insane... I did my last oil change and was very particular about it. Verified I had the correct PN on the dipstick, gave it a long drain time while i consumed 🥃 🥃 🥃 . Reinstalled all then added 6qt. It was 1/2 qt low bringing me to 6.5gts @ the full line.

Now, is it possible the supposed correct PN is not correct? Ugh, the insanity!!!

C'mon Ford, get it together...

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a year(?) Ford has been using an initial fill of 7.5qts of oil in the 2.7 V6 with no associated problems that I’ve heard of.
This roughly equates to a 7qt service fill.
Ford says that now the service fill is 6qts although it’s ok to use 7qts
As for as I know the initial fill is still 7.5 qts.

Go ahead…..pick the above apart……it’s the way I see it.

So, what’s the problem here?
I, for one, do not give a sh-t how many quarts you use for a service fill……I’ll continue changing 7qts of oil every 5k miles like Ford suggested for the first year(?) of the 6G production and they continue to state that it’s ok.
😎
edit……I marked my dipstick
edit…….this thread still entertains me

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

or he was saying since the removal procedure is the same, there are no frame or suspension changes interfering with the oil pan... :rolleyes:

edit to add roll eyes
This^

And thank you. Some people on here just lack common sense I guess.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a year(?) Ford has been using an initial fill of 7.5qts of oil in the 2.7 V6 with no associated problems that I’ve heard of.

I, for one, do not give a sh-t how many quarts you use for a service fill……I’ll continue changing 7qts of oil every 5k miles like Ford suggested for the first year(?) of the 6G production and they continue to state that it’s ok.
😎
the way I read the Ford service schedule, oil changes are every 10k miles

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

😎
The problem (here, in this thread, specifically) is the misinformation people keep posting. Owners are free to pour in 10 quarts if it makes them feel better, or drain their oil for 24 hours (even though if they wait 15 minutes and then drain for about 5 minutes they will be fine) or change their oil every 100 miles, BUT the most updated information is 6 quarts. For the sake of at least attempting to reflect accuracy in THIS thread, the 7 quart-ers should simply create their own thread and feel free to post all day long about WHY they decided to ignore the latest information (and move on from this thread).

For folks who are only now discovering this lengthy thread and to wish to skip right to the summary:

1. If you are looking for the CORRECT (updated) oil capacity for your Bronco, use the HTML link on the Ford manuals website and enter your VIN (not the fordpass app or the old paper version of the manual or the PDF).

2. If you're looking to find out if you have the right dipstick, you can call your local Ford dealer and ask the parts person and you will find that the C stick is the most updated number for your VIN. If you have a stick with an H on the handle, even if it's not the C stick, the max line is at the same height as the C stick...and you can use it. If you have an H stick and you have to scribe a line or if your level is not falling between the max and the minimum mark, then that means your oil level is incorrect.

3. Unless you're working on the assembly line building a 2.7, and you are tasked with doing the factory oil fill, then the factory fill listed in the SSM is irrelevant for you (us).

4. If you get caught up in the conspiracy theory that Ford did this change (to 6 quarts) only because they wanted to avoid having an incorrect stick/looking foolish/etc., note that they still DID include a new stick into the parts catalog (that reflects six quarts). The stick conspiracy theory would only be plausible if Ford thought "oops we told people that it's 7 quarts, but we provided a stick that measures only 6, so now in order to avoid having to look stupid, we'll just tell him that 6 quarts and keep the same stick" AND if they stayed with that same stick...but they DIDN'T. They added a NEW (6 quart) stick. If the pan was truly meant to hold 7, instead of adding a new 6 quart stick and updating loads of information, they could have simply stayed with one of the TWO short-lived 7 quart sticks that they added (for like a week) to the parts catalog...but they DIDN'T. Thousands of people are well aware of the oil level issue, and Ford clearly had to address it...and no one in his or her right mind would downplay the benefit of a pan that has greater capacity (especially as a selling feature) just to save face over a stick (especially when they changed that stick recommendation THREE times...BACK to a 6-quart version with the twist located higher).

I too wanted to believe in 7...and I wanted to be the first kid on the block with the "right stick"...so I have both the F stick and C stick in my collection I'm addition to the OEM one...but regardless of what I want or believe the fact is that Ford revised the oil capacity to 6 for the 2.7.
Sponsored