Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just changed my oil yesterday and stopped at 6qrts, which puts me in between the dots.
Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco tells me 7 quarts including the filter. I will do exactly what it says lol

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct F5A323CD-C104-4127-BBF1-98A6859877D5

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco tells me 7 quarts including the filter. I will do exactly what it says lol

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct F5A323CD-C104-4127-BBF1-98A6859877D5
The manuals loaded in the vehicles are not updated yet...you can type your VIN in here: https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/bronco/2022/owner-manuals/ Or skip the VIN and just type in year, then HTML, and for 2021 and 2022 (both pre 06 and post 06 builds for 2022) you get this:

Screenshot_20221001-222033_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221001-221954_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221001-221859_Chrome.jpg

So you can either do what your not yet updated in-vehicle manual says or follow the updated HTML manual (and the stick level in your Bronco which is more than likely the H handle model that accurately measures 6)...but for those who seek the correct amount per Ford, it is still 6.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The manuals loaded in the vehicles are not updated yet...you can type your VIN in here: https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/bronco/2022/owner-manuals/ Or skip the VIN and just type in year, then HTML, and for 2021 and 2022 (both pre 06 and post 06 builds for 2022) you get this:

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct Screenshot_20221001-221859_Chrome
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct Screenshot_20221001-221859_Chrome

So you can either do what your not yet updated in-vehicle manual says or follow the updated HTML manual (and the stick level in your Bronco which is more than likely the H handle model that accurately measures 6)...but for those who seek the correct amount per Ford, it is still 6.
If it is 6 and the correct level is shown on the dipstick then why does my dipstick show overfilled from the factory.. you’d think they would save some money by putting in one less quart of oil.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If it is 6 and the correct level is shown on the dipstick then why does my dipstick show overfilled from the factory.. you’d think they would save some money by putting in one less quart of oil.
And that continues to be the mystery. Ford has double downed on 6 qts, yet continues to fill them passed the 6 qt mark on the dipstick....why?

Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone who has received a new Bronco with the 2.7 in the last 8 weeks confirm or deny 6 quarts and whether or not the oil level is measuring correctly on the dipstick?

Has anyone drained the oil and measured their oil capacity within the first month of ownership?

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes mine was built 9/03 and it shows 1 quart high

9A7083A8-BE8A-43DF-8F8F-73387C63390F.jpeg

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes mine was built 9/03 and it shows 1 quart high

9A7083A8-BE8A-43DF-8F8F-73387C63390F.jpeg
Sadly I don't think Ford is ever going to give us a straight answer...it has taken them well over a year to even get us to the point we are right now (a new dipstick that has the same full mark as the original one after a brief addition of TWO 7-quart sticks in the database and then the deletion of both) AND a SSM and updated HTML manuals (but not in-vehicle manual or PDF). I think it is just a slow-moving corporation (ask anyone who has not yet received their Bronco after several years to weigh in on that). I am even more baffled by all the folks in this forum who may work at Ford dealerships who have not yet been able to get their hands on both a F150 2.7 pan and a Bronco 2.7 pan to do a fill comparison...that would answer the big question. I don't have an extra 400 dollars to throw at that question, but if anyone reading this works at a Ford dealership and gets a discount on parts, I'm certain many of us would gladly chip in a few dollars each to have that experience happen! Put them side by side, fill them both with 6 quarts of water, and measure the top of the levels to the top of the rails...

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, so here we are on page 36, and the sage continues. Allow me to share with you what happened to me today at the dealership.

I posted earlier on this thread, what a total cluster fxxk this is, and what I experienced today is just another confirmation. (Hello @Ford, are you listening?)

So, knowing this whole discussion went from 7 quarts, to 6 quarts, with allot of dip stick shit going on as well, I asked the service coordinator to clarify whether they would do the oil change with 6 or 7 quarts. He had heard about this issue, and looked it up on the Ford system. He confirms, 6 quarts would be replaced.

I struggled a bit, but gave in, because as long as they record the quantity properly on the bill, then it is all covered by warranty.

This evening, I pick up my Bronco and lo and behold, the invoice states 7 quarts. I ask the service coordinator what the hell is going on, he states, well they likely put in like 6.5 and then round it up.

This whole thing is just total bullshit (apologies for cussing, but I have to let go) So now the field is replacing either with 7, maybe because they are following the dip stick (or not waiting long enough for it to drain down) or they are replacing 6 and billing 7.

Either way, @FordMotorCompany, get your shit together and clarify this mess! Maybe you would prefer to go to court? I doubt it!

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, so here we are on page 36, and the sage continues. Allow me to share with you what happened to me today at the dealership.

I posted earlier on this thread, what a total cluster fxxk this is, and what I experienced today is just another confirmation. (Hello @Ford, are you listening?)

So, knowing this whole discussion went from 7 quarts, to 6 quarts, with allot of dip stick shit going on as well, I asked the service coordinator to clarify whether they would do the oil change with 6 or 7 quarts. He had heard about this issue, and looked it up on the Ford system. He confirms, 6 quarts would be replaced.

I struggled a bit, but gave in, because as long as they record the quantity properly on the bill, then it is all covered by warranty.

This evening, I pick up my Bronco and lo and behold, the invoice states 7 quarts. I ask the service coordinator what the hell is going on, he states, well they likely put in like 6.5 and then round it up.

This whole thing is just total bullshit (apologies for cussing, but I have to let go) So now the field is replacing either with 7, maybe because they are following the dip stick (or not waiting long enough for it to drain down) or they are replacing 6 and billing 7.

Either way, @FordMotorCompany, get your shit together and clarify this mess! Maybe you would prefer to go to court? I doubt it!

Sponsored

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like an accurate summary. After reading the first post and the last post, we are no closer to the answer of 6 or 7 quarts. So…it depends. But the good news is I saved 15% on my car insurance! 😂

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone who has received a new Bronco with the 2.7 in the last 8 weeks confirm or deny 6 quarts and whether or not the oil level is measuring correctly on the dipstick?

Has anyone drained the oil and measured their oil capacity within the first month of ownership?
Build date was 9/7 and took delivery on 10/1. I have the H stick and the first thing I did was scribe the fill line from the factory which was 1/4" above full so I concluded they are still filling it with 7.5 quarts. My plan is to fill to this scribed line at every oil change which will be probably close to a 7 quart fill. Oh and I am not having the dealer change my oil.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is that big of a deal, if they went through the effort to announce a correction theres most like a fine reason for it. I'm sure we'll get clarity at some point So they screwed something up? If you want to run the 7 quarts have at it. A quart over shouldn't hurt anything, hell if you were a quart under it would still run fine not that i'm suggesting it..... I've run engines on far less that call for more (not intentionally) without any ill effects. As long as you aren't so low that you aren't getting proper lubrication due to the pickup not, well picking up, or cavitation.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco was delivered on 9/16 and the oil level on the H stick was EXACTLY on the full mark. Granted, the dealership could have drained off excess, but I doubt they are that competent.

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Dealership filled 7 qts (according to the invoice) and the oil was WAAAY over on the H dipstick (above the twist)- so I slurped out about 3/4 qt - now its still over max but below the twist. Don't want to drop it too low (in case the H dipstick is the wrong one) but this is just all beyond annoying.

Ford - Just give us (and your dealers) the right capacity and stop sticking it to us ...
Sponsored