steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post #1 in this thread, "Bronco Team Engineering" is/was the source of verification of 7 quarts

And wolfeman's dealer felt confident enough in their research that the 21 takes 7. Enough confidence to insist he add the additional quart. I am sure they conducted their "research" somewhere other than this forum or thread in particular. My hope would be they at the very least dragged their zone rep into the discussion.

And my 21 has had its oil changed twice by my dealer with 7 quarts each time. Apparently however charts and manuals for 22s and forward all say 6
The SSM was first mentioned in this thread Saturday. Any oil change by a dealer performed before then is not using the latest information from Ford.

SSM:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-change-on-my-2-7l.49883/page-17#post-1520514
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let's assume that is final, 6 qts. Are the dipsticks in early '21s accurate or not?
I haven't looked into the differences of the 21-22 dipsticks, but it seems like there is plenty of information about it on this forum. All I know is that the original stick FT4Z-6750-B that was in 2021's was replaced by FT4Z-6750-C. I don't know the differences though as I do not have both.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have a clue to oil fill levels on the 61+ failed engines? Obviously most if not all were still on factory fill due to low miles at failure. It begs the question, if it is supposed to be 6 and you put in 7 and engine fails, (or put in only 6) are you up Schitt's Creek?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone have a clue to oil fill levels on the 61+ failed engines? Obviously most if not all were still on factory fill due to low miles at failure. It begs the question, if it is supposed to be 6 and you put in 7 and engine fails, (or put in only 6) are you up Schitt's Creek?
Considering Ford already knows they had the level published incorrectly from the beginning, I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue at all.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't looked into the differences of the 21-22 dipsticks, but it seems like there is plenty of information about it on this forum. All I know is that the original stick FT4Z-6750-B that was in 2021's was replaced by FT4Z-6750-C. I don't know the differences though as I do not have both.
The difference in the 21 and the new 22 sticks... they are the same except the twist is higher on the 22 models. the MB3Z-3750-F stick is for the Raptor 3.0 and will measure 7qt... this can be used in the 2.7 for 7qt.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering Ford already knows they had the level published incorrectly from the beginning, I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue at all.
levels were correct... dip stick were wrong.... they changed the level to 6qt so they would not have a recall on the sticks.... I believe you can run 6qt if you want to and be ok.... you can also run 7qt and be ok... your choice...

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have an answer to that, I don't know who all was involved with this original post. All I know is that Ford never actually acknowledged, in writing, anything about the oil level being correct or incorrect until they released this new SSM that I know of.
I pulled up the on-line Owner's Manual. It specifically says 7 quarts for the 2.7 engine. I have a new dipstick on order (backordered till later this August) MB3Z-6750-F. My Dealer is fully aware of this issue as they have had multiple owner's order this dipstick and they are aware of the part# changes. What we should be asking ourselves??????.....is why FORD has not issued a bulletin on this AND issue new dipsticks for all affected vehicles at their co$t?!?!?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

levels were correct... dip stick were wrong.... they changed the level to 6qt so they would not have a recall on the sticks.... I believe you can run 6qt if you want to and be ok.... you can also run 7qt and be ok... your choice...
The Owner's Manual says 7 quarts. That is what should be put in the engine.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t understand. How are the dipsticks wrong if the 21 and 22’s are the same except just a change where the twist is?

I don’t think dip sticks are safety related anyway, so either way they wouldn’t have to recall them.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I pulled up the on-line Owner's Manual. It specifically says 7 quarts for the 2.7 engine. I have a new dipstick on order (backordered till later this August) MB3Z-6750-F. My Dealer is fully aware of this issue as they have had multiple owner's order this dipstick and they are aware of the part# changes. What we should be asking ourselves??????.....is why FORD has not issued a bulletin on this AND issue new dipsticks for all affected vehicles at their co$t?!?!?
They’ve already released a bulletin. It says they’re in the process of changing all publications from 7 quarts to 6. The dipstick you ordered isn’t for the 2.7

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t understand. How are the dipsticks wrong if the 21 and 22’s are the same except just a change where the twist is?

I don’t think dip sticks are safety related anyway, so either way they wouldn’t have to recall them.
Precisely, they won't issue recall as it is not safety related although they could at least issue a TSB clarifying the correct oil refill capacity and reading on the dipsticks.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about 6.5 quarts? WTF 🤪

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Precisely, they won't issue recall as it is not safety related although they could at least issue a TSB clarifying the correct oil refill capacity and reading on the dipsticks.
They have already released an SSM. There is literally no need for a TSB.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

They are both correct with 6qt... that is why the change to 6qt... the twist is just higher on the new stick... easier to read I guess... eveything the same below the twist on both...
Sponsored