First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anybody explain to me what "competitive registrations" means in this formula?

"Final 21MY allocation will be based on 50% converted reservations as of March 19, 2021 (with a timestamp prior to 9/19/20), 25% weight on competitive registrations, and 25% weight on dealers 12-month rolling Ford retail sales as a percentage of the nation."
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can anybody explain to me what "competitive registrations" means in this formula?

"Final 21MY allocation will be based on 50% converted reservations as of March 19, 2021 (with a timestamp prior to 9/19/20), 25% weight on competitive registrations, and 25% weight on dealers 12-month rolling Ford retail sales as a percentage of the nation."
Dealerships in a competitive area (jeep, tacoma) . Strategic favorabolity to dealers

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many people seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2021, and how many seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2022? ?

More colors, roof options, special editions, and other options? Have to say I'm intrigued.
I know the 1 thing putting me at risk of a 2022 is the black hard top. Which has me considering the black bestop soft top instead which isn't Kate availability.

Fear I won't be as happy if I go that route

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it says December is when MY22 production starts. Safe to assume that MY22 deliveries might start arriving in February 2022?

Sponsored

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealerships in a competitive area (jeep, tacoma) . Strategic favorabolity to dealers
My Ford dealer is literally next door to a Jeep, dodge, ram dealer. Like, only separated by a concrete block. Maybe I'll get mine quickly

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it’s worth @Granger Ford also sells Jeeps (They are technically Granger MOTORS with a dedicated standalone Ford building) AND there are lots of dedicated Jeep/Toyota dealers nearby them. Like literally less than 15miles away.

Gotta be a good thing for that 25% of allocation...

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Fiats...

Ed Morris

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it’s worth @Granger Ford also sells Jeeps (They are technically Granger MOTORS with a dedicated standalone Ford building) AND there are lots of dedicated Jeep/Toyota dealers nearby them. Like literally less than 15miles away.

Gotta be a good thing for that 25% of allocation...
Yeah, that's good, but I'm still worried by the first part of the formula, which seems to imply that even if they're converting 100 times more reservations than the average dealer, that will only credit them with 50 times more allocations than the average dealer. Which presumably translates to longer delays for us.

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that's good, but I'm still worried by the first part of the formula, which seems to imply that even if they're converting 100 times more reservations than the average dealer, that will only credit them with 50 times more allocations than the average dealer. Which presumably translates to longer delays for us.
Yes - at the end of the day, if you don’t have a reservation in July roughly...

fugettabouit!

this is only my opinion and estimation.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan of the large dealers throwing a fit and changing the game as it is being played. That being said I was hoping for, and expecting, a fairly early MY22 when I went with my Granger October reservation and cancelled my July one. So...hoping that enough people cancel that those that want a MY21 have a shot but not so many I get dragged back into it lol.

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I had known how this was all going to go down, I would have waited a while to put in my reservation. I'm a 7/14, but if I could swap with someone knowing that I'd get an early 2022, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have no problem waiting another 6-7 months to see what new things are available.

Instead, all of us get to play a game of "what order gets me the year I want?".
"I'll take Late Availability Options for 2022, Alex." "What is Black Modular Tops."

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So...hoping that enough people cancel that those that want a MY21 have a shot but not so many I get dragged back into it lol.
:LOL:

Look what Ford is doing to us! Poor Kyle gonna get dragged backed in. He has a heart palpitation whenever he sees the master cancellation thread get updated.
Sponsored

Last edited: