Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is new. For any dealer that does not openly give you their allocation # or your exact timestamp rank, we need to let them know that as per Ford, they are encouraged to share this with us.

6EA1491D-AC8C-4DFA-86F5-FF89D1955AD6.jpeg
Also the line above-that states "No dealer will have more 21MY allocations than orders" So apparently Ford believes it possible that the allocation formula could give a dealer 100% 21MY match to converted orders.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If conversion period closes on 19 MAR I would suggest on the 20th. However I could see the update the day after 21 scheduling, and rough communication to orders holders, starts in MAY. The language on the website would need to change of course but that is all.
You'll be lucky if they get your MY22 ordered by September.

Part of me wants there to be a low conversion rate so folks can get their machines quicker but the stronger part of me want a high conversion rate, to support the helpful dealers here, and so that I can guarantee a 22.

Is that wrong? :cry:
Yes, now go to your room and think about what you just said.

For me I think Ford should feel some burn. Not necessarily all their fault, people wanted the Bronco details asap so Ford pushed their product early not expecting a Pandemic to destroy their production lines. They seem to have had similar issues with the Mach-E. The F150 saw delays but that isn't in the same boat as it wasn't a completely new vehicle (so people comparing those two delays are absurd).

That said, telling people who have waited since the Summer of 2020 for a vehicle that they should wait another year is bs. The only reason Ford can pull that off is that the market really wasn't ready to compete. If there was a better styled Jeep, Toyota rebirth of their cruiser, Chevy had a Blazer that looked the part or other things on the market, people would bail. All that aside, I think the dealers who are honest will do quite fine. I also believe there isn't a snowballs chance that 190K see 50% conversions in the next 2-3 months. The price tags are clearly knocking some out and adding a wait time? Heck they'll disappear. I'm still going to say conversion rates sit around 40%-ish initially. And we're not even accounting for the inevitable interest rate increases in 2021/2 that are going to kill financing for some.
I hope Ford feels more than a burn, because they sure as hell got the fake Bronco out.

Also the line above-that states "No dealer will have more 21MY allocations than orders" So apparently Ford believes it possible that the allocation formula could give a dealer 100% 21MY match to converted orders.
No, that's not how the English language works. It only means that they will not have more than 100% not that it is possible to have 100% of reservations allocated.

LowDime

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 yukon, 06 cts-v
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. That is what I meant to convey: convert your obviously MY '22 order before the 19th. Then on the 20th Ford would update the website and B&P to MY '22 specs. Then in...May (?) our dealers have us go into the B&P, rebuild and resend them our new builds. Ad-nauseum until all original reservations are complete.

Ahhhh ok i thought i had heard that you can change your build up to scheduled production so that makes more sense.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ahhhh ok i thought i had heard that you can change your build up to scheduled production so that makes more sense.
Well you sort of can do that but I wouldn't because it just invites errors.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You will get it when you get it. Don't let dealers hold anything over your head. Don't let them worry you into paying more than MSRP. Don't let them confuse you with allocation numbers and build dates.

If you get your order in by March 19, Ford decides your fate. The dealership has no say any anything except the price you pay. They can share with you the allocation data and your timestamp as it aligns to their database, but that's just information for you to ponder as you wait until May's email giving you a build date estimate.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'll be lucky if they get your MY22 ordered by September.

Yes, now go to your room and think about what you just said.

I hope Ford feels more than a burn, because they sure as hell got the fake Bronco out.

No, that's not how the English language works. It only means that they will not have more than 100% not that it is possible to have 100% of reservations allocated.
I am not talking about 100% of reservations to allocations. To start with the question is on reservations to allocations but the answer is on allocations to orders. My take is that the answer was about converted orders to allocations.
By Ford going out of their way to state that it is limited to 100%, are they not acknowledging it is possible?
Let's take it a step further. Before this statement was it possible that a dealer could have had no reservations but yet have been allocated MY21 based on market share and competitive share alone ? Maybe- in that case they could have had more allocations per converted orders.
From the outside, I still hold that it's possible a dealer could have MY21 allocations for all of their 7/13 to 9/18 converted orders.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your remaining battery life gives me mild anxiety...

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know the 1 thing putting me at risk of a 2022 is the black hard top. Which has me considering the black bestop soft top instead which isn't Kate availability.

Fear I won't be as happy if I go that route

According to accessory list soft top are late availability if I remember correctly

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There seems to be a mental block with many people around 22MY thinking it means you'll have a significant delay in your Bronco. Most auto plants take 2 weeks to convert MY, and I doubt it will take that long if there is any delay at all. It could be a simple as the Broncos built on Tuesday are 21MY and the Broncos built on Wednesday are 22MY.

If you're reservation is far enough back, you're waiting till December regardless, don't let what MY is on the window sticker hang you up. Frankly, you might be better off in the long run in terms of options and included features.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. So the initial allocation numbers are just that. They don't get final # until reservations are converted.....But even then, no hope for me mid 2022 since I'm 60th percentile...but the dealers need us to order to GET the conversions so they can get allocations. Interesting indeed. Even tho' I can't get one, they need my order.....

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy moley. The bad news sets in.
This news is fine for those that were already waiting for a long time. Anyone that came late to the game is going to be waiting longer than those that were already chomping at the bit when reservations opened. This seems to be a fair way of doing things.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many people seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2021, and how many seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2022? ?

More colors, roof options, special editions, and other options? Have to say I'm intrigued.
Yeah they need an option to use reservation time stamp to changeover for priority on 2022 MY Broncos.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford could of really simplified things by making all reservations 22MY with some of the options late availability with a 2022 delivery date. Then people wouldn’t be freaking about whether they got a ‘21 or ‘22 which won’t mean a thing in the long run. Should of been part of the delay due to the hard tops.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone want a day 1 reservation? I've got a 7/14 reservation and I'd love to trade out for one that would guarantee me a 22MY. So if anyone wants their Bronco this year my reservation is a solid bet. I think I'm in the top 15% of day 1 reservations even, based on the giant spreadsheet on this site.
Sponsored