First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, can you start calling dealers to find out their allocation and figure out timestamp to decide to move? Seems you could call around, find out the allocation and timestamp and decide to "cut in line" so to speak by moving your order and bumping someone prior to the March date.

I'm guessing my dealer has reservations that have a broad timestamp, many aren't first or second day reservations, but span a couple months. You could then switch dealership before a bump someone that is maybe in that first few weeks.
Sponsored

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone want a day 1 reservation? I've got a 7/14 reservation and I'd love to trade out for one that would guarantee me a 22MY. So if anyone wants their Bronco this year my reservation is a solid bet. I think I'm in the top 15% of day 1 reservations even, based on the giant spreadsheet on this site.
A day 1 reservation would be on 7/13/20 not 7/14/20.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if this has to do with shipping lag or the fact that F150’s are built at 2 different plants (KC and Dearborn). I know my dealer said they were still having 07 F150’s coming in after my 08 came in. I just wish my 08 would have lasted a bit longer, died in fall of 19, the lovely 5.4 3V phasers killed it at 105K.

Wife got upgraded cause I wanted to wait for a Bronco, just can’t pull the trigger on a Wrangler. She got a Subaru Forester and the heated seats and safety/tech features are going to make me probably jump to OBX to get the high package.
Both.

They need to accumulate enough VINs to fill an auto rack going to one auto ramp. Then once they get to the auto ramp, they need to accumulate enough VINs to fill a truck going to the dealer. At these accumulation points, it is very possible that you could end up with two model years of the same vehicle on the same truck. This increases if you have two factories that don’t do model year change at the same time. In this case a dealer could receive two F-150s, one from KC, one from Dearborn, on the same truck with two different model years.

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A day 1 reservation would be on 7/13/20 not 7/14/20.
I have a 7/13 reservation, but it shows 7/14. I recall Ford sending something out about the dates being off a few months back. I'm assuming that's what happened here.

Ford Bronco Bronco team rep's email to dealer GM -- discussing reservations, order conversion, allocations 1610732933951

Also, reserved Badlands, but shows Base.
Ford Bronco Bronco team rep's email to dealer GM -- discussing reservations, order conversion, allocations 1610732978825

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing that bugs me is the 22MY fix for roof racks on 4dr squatch....Luckily, the aftermarket will take care of me so I won't miss out

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There seems to be a mental block with many people around 22MY thinking it means you'll have a significant delay in your Bronco. Most auto plants take 2 weeks to convert MY, and I doubt it will take that long if there is any delay at all. It could be a simple as the Broncos built on Tuesday are 21MY and the Broncos built on Wednesday are 22MY.

If you're reservation is far enough back, you're waiting till December regardless, don't let what MY is on the window sticker hang you up. Frankly, you might be better off in the long run in terms of options and included features.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We're way past talking about next Dec. For August res's, we're July 2022.

Last edited:

95buckeye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford could solve A LOT of problems if they would tell the consumer EXACTLY what mystery colors they are entertaining. I KNOW I want a white top, but I have 7/14 reservation. If I knew what was available and when it would get delivered for sure in 2022 Id commit to the white top and let somebody who has to have a 21 take my place. Will C Orange stick around or is it 1 year only? Will there be a green? TELL US so we can make informed decisions spending that much.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I reserved July 13th at 10:34pm ET but yes my reservation says 7/14 in the Ford system.

From what this email says, it seems I can delay ordering, keep my existing place in line, see what the new colors, roof options, etc are for MY22 and then order at a later date?!?!

If so.... anyone after 7/13 at 10:34pm ET will be moving up one spot.

Ford Bronco Bronco team rep's email to dealer GM -- discussing reservations, order conversion, allocations 1610734018692

Last edited:

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7/13 reservation, but it shows 7/14. I recall Ford sending something out about the dates being off a few months back. I'm assuming that's what happened here.

Ford Bronco Bronco team rep's email to dealer GM -- discussing reservations, order conversion, allocations 1610734018692

Also, reserved Badlands, but shows Base.
I believe the explanation was that the time stamp set on Zulu Time (the UTC or GMT which is a 5 hr difference from EST - based in the UK).

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can't get a 2021, I don't want one. I'll need to confirm with my dealer if I'm in the initial allocation. They'll want a non-refundable deposit, I'm sure, so we'll need to see where things line up or I'm out.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can tell some of you have never gone through a divorce. The other will likely get the Bronco too! I’m thinking the adoption route might be better but then I’ve never done that side!
this is why you buy all your toys before you get married

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok so the trick for us early day 1/2 people is put the order in with a known 22 option. your MY21 order will be converted to a MY22 and "you" control that order and what it is and remove it if its something you dont want. based on the latest from Ford, you will be an early 22 run due to timestamp tada
Like what option?