Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said they cant give me my rank until orders go though. Is that true? Does anyone know?
They would be able to see where you are in terms of other reservations, but reservations don’t equal actual orders...
Sponsored

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dude, you got one of the first 1000 probably, don't sweat the date. This is the equivalent of a 1st world problem in Bronco reservations. :)
Lol - I know! My message was to support the other poster who was trying to get rid of his day 1 reservation. Someone said it should have shown 7/13 and not 7/14.. so I was giving him backup.

Also, I think I'm adding the painted black top, so I'm not in a huge rush. My wife's lease ends the end of August, so hoping with the addition of the painted top the timing works out. If not, my dealer said Ford will extend a lease up to a year if you're waiting on an order to arrive.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer said they cant give me my rank until orders go though. Is that true? Does anyone know?
I think they have had the list since this all began in July. I don't know how often it is updated or if it is an online thing that dynamically updates when folks move, but I sure see a lot of people on here who know the pecking order at their dealer. Then again, they may be referring to people declining to order and you moving up, which is within reason.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Person you spoke to was instructed not to give it to you. As the email from ford says, they are “encouraged” to provide this, but do not have to. They do have ‘preliminary’ allocation and list in rank/timestamp order right now, but again, this dealer is opting to not share. This behavior may mean you are later in line/likely out of allocation range whereas I bet if you were in the low end of the line/time stamp ranking at their dealer they’d probably give you a better vibe. But, as other have said, this can and will change after actual orders and their final allocation in April.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer told me their allocation and my rank was “proprietary”. Also that there were no promotions or incentives for purchase or financing on Bronco, and that pricing would be “what the market will bear”. On the other hand, he said he thought “I’d be fine on my delivery rank”.

It sounds like I may need to find a new dealer. It’s not clear to me how my reservation priority would flow to a new dealer though. We end up in a position where we’re at the dealer’s mercy and have to pay up for delivery. I’ll take a MY22 rather than be screwed over on the price. It would be nice to hear from folks like Granger and Stephen’s on how to transfer the reservation and expectation for how that impacts priority.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will '22s get X-plan?
Will there be a price increase?
Can I wait that long in our instant gratification society?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They could tell you where you sit in reservations, but they have no idea if those are going to be actual orders. Maybe half the reservations before you don't convert and you move way up. So, they are not screwing with you, they really don't know until the orders are all in where you will be. If you ask what number of reservation you are and how many allocations they have, you can do some estimating with what you believe the conversion rate will be, but until orders are all in, nothing is certain

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

in a related story, popcorn futures are way up...
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that by the end of the month (Jan) a lot of this reservation stuff will be sorting itself out with the dealers. We all know there will be attrition, so patience is the name of the game. 25th-30th percentile on the reservation list will grow to 40th, so don't fret. There are going to be a lot of hangers on that will not fall off until they are kicked 3/19. That's when a bunch will move from outside to inside IMO.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That does beg for clarity.
There would be a lot of upset people if they knew walk in retail orders were able to receive a vehicle prior to reservation holders.

But if they’re considering it a “retail order” based on the reservations converting to an order, then it’s no issue.

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel pretty confident in receiving my Bronco in 21 but with some delays due to 2.7 and Sasquatch. My reservation shows 7/14 but emails shows 7/13 8:08 PM in Arizona, so ~ 3hours after orders were opened, reservation 1013****. I will still wait for my Bronco but I am severely disappointed in Ford. They put information out through advertising to reserve a Bronco and we will follow the time stamp for delivery and now it's a moving target and changing criteria such as dealer allocation. I think this is bogus and they should honor the reservation time stamps regardless of dealer allocation formulas. This vehicle much like the first addition (i had a 75) has a tremendous following and more than likely will build high loyalty but these moving targets and criteria are not helping them get there.

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me their allocation and my rank was “proprietary”. Also that there were no promotions or incentives for purchase or financing on Bronco, and that pricing would be “what the market will bear”. On the other hand, he said he thought “I’d be fine on my delivery rank”.

It sounds like I may need to find a new dealer. It’s not clear to me how my reservation priority would flow to a new dealer though. We end up in a position where we’re at the dealer’s mercy and have to pay up for delivery. I’ll take a MY22 rather than be screwed over on the price. It would be nice to hear from folks like Granger and Stephen’s on how to transfer the reservation and expectation for how that impacts priority.
Yes I would say you should consider changing your dealer. I haven't heard of any 'proprietary' ranking of allocation. It should go by the reservation time stamp. My dealer did tell me that it looks like only 7/13-7/14 reservations will get '21 Broncos at their dealership, but of course they don't know until they find out how many of those reservation holders convert to orders. In any case I'm guessing all of their 2021 allocation will be gone before they get out of July reservations, but that's just a guess.

In terms of switching dealers, I would at the very least find one who is offering MSRP. I am at Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego and they are offering X-Plan pricing to reservation holders, if you have an X-Plan PIN. If you are not familiar with X-Plan you can search this forum for info (that is how I found out about it).

I will say that many dealers (Kearny Mesa included) already have verbal agreements with a lot of their early reservation holders about their spot in line at that dealer. If you have a day 1 or 2 reservation you may find it hard to switch to a dealer that will let you 'cut' in front of the customers they've made a commitment to and been dealing with for five months now. But maybe you can find one who's not worried about it.

That being said, you could easily switch to a dealer anytime before the deadline in March as long as you're willing to order a 2022 Bronco.

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I made the cut at my dealer (#10 of their 39 allocations with a 11pm EST reveal night reservation),. They have 152 reservations BTW. BUT planning on getting 4 dr w 2.7, leather, lux sasquatch. So checking off 4 out of 5 items with potential delays (if you include delays for a 2dr)

Lease is up end of Feb, and an extension puts me to end of August. @jaruss01 I was able to extend my lease up to 12 months no penalty for early return when the bronco shows up. August is also the end of my second 6 month extension.
Sponsored