Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe it has said, so sorry if I am redundant and focus on myself, but I am assuming that the top and grill colors will be available on the First Edition as well. If so, my wife will have to put up with another night of my boyish excitement! :D
Sponsored

Mitten2Mountains

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Veloster Turbo / '07 Heep JKU RubiCLONE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Softops in White & Grey.....
Or only hardtops?

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Once upon a time, I had a Ford Mustang convertible. As a poor military officer, all I could afford was the 6-CYL. So I got the stick shift (which was also cheaper). One of my buddies bet the farm and got himself into a Shelby Mustang Cobra. One day on the way to the base, our two mustangs met. With two high-ego, hair on fire, go-fasters, you can imagine what happened. When we hit the gates of the base, I was far in front. MORAL: It is not always the engine size, but knowing how to use the vehicle.

That said, if I was getting the smaller engine (which is not an option on the First Edition) I would get the stick. If you know how to drive, you can out drive someone with the bigger engine. Just sayin'.
I used to own a 2001 GMC Sonoma with a 2.2L 4 cylinder engine and an automatic transmission. I shit you not, it was possible to beat Mustangs off the line in that thing, even the GTs with a V-8. Granted, I had to stack on the brakes pretty hard, and by the time I was through second gear, they were past me, but that first 75 yards or so, I could eat their lunch.

But it also wasn't sitting on a lift and 35s.

I can't imagine the 2.3L EcoBoost being more of a dog than that 2.2L naturally aspirated Vortec, but the way the comment was worded, I had to ask.

It's not like I'm planning on drag racing in the Bronco anyway, but then, I didn't plan on drag racing in the Sonoma, either...

Jenni Martz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently spoke with the person who drives Fords for a living. He was able to take some time to discuss the Bronco.

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
  • There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
    • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...

He loves to drive this vehicle - he currently has a F-150..

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently spoke with the person who drives Fords for a living. He was able to take some time to discuss the Bronco.

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
  • There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
    • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...

He loves to drive this vehicle - he currently has a F-150..
I am happy to see that he is going with the Black Diamond, it offers great value for what it offers. White and gray options for the grill and top!! :)

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dream job :love:

Wouldn't you have higher aspirations ? I am sure there are other test driver jobs you may have (like other sport car or truck companies)
Also depends on some other characteristics of the seats and vehicle - and obviously how much wear testing takes place.

For example, my wife's Mercedes GLC has their premium leather-like vinyl (think it's called MB Tex). It looks and feels good, cleans easily, and also generally holds up well.
However...
They designed their 'sport' front seats with higher bolsters, and the vehicle rides higher than some of their other vehicles that use the same seats and materials. As a result, unless you are over 6 feet tall, you have to slide across the bolster when you get in and out. In less than a year, both front seats had worn holes on the bolsters, revealing the vinyl was very thin in that area.

Hopefully Ford not only chooses a good quality material but does enough wear-testing to ensure it holds up to the elements and use.

man same thing happened to my old truck - I thought it was my fat ass - but no - this explanation makes sense.

Last edited:

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you call your friend back and tell him to tell ford to unfuck themselves and offer ventilated/AC seats on the Lux package or as a standalone option.
Agreed!
Ventilated seats are far more important than heated ones for buyers in the sunbelt.
That should definitely be a stand alone option for all trims.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed!
Ventilated seats are far more important than heated ones for buyers in the sunbelt.
That should definitely be a stand alone option for all trims.
Agree, even for buyers in the rust belt. In the winter I eventually turn off the heated seats, but I will run cooled seats the whole trip in the summer. Especially after sport activities.

Sponsored

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hold your Broncos everyone , we have seen A few posts like this before “confirmed by ford employee” that were completely false!
Take what you read with a grain of salt here and keep expectations low until the build tool is live .

Ford Bronco Bronco test driver engineer gives some feedback (white and gray grille and tops coming) 1595542088124

EDITED TO NOT FURTHER SPREAD “POSSIBLE MISINFORMATION”

Last edited:

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hold your horses everyone , we have seen A few posts like this before “confirmed by ford employee” that were completely false !
Let’s think back to how excited we were that A ford emp confirmed we would be able to swap dealers and that couldn’t be farther from the truth !

Take what you read with a grain of salt here and keep expectations low until the build tool is live .
GREAT! Here the Forums go again! Let us live in the fantasy void a bit!! :D