Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some things might come after the reservation batch. I think the only things we can count on is what ends up listed in the configurator once it is available.
I don't think my resource would agree with anything in the above statement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Badgerbrown

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, I'm pretty dead set on boring oxford white, but if we're getting white tops and grilles I'm probably going to reconsider.

Any word on what lift/axle a la carte options might be available @Badgerbrown? Or was your buddy pretty general when he said "lots of options available"?
Generally his experiences and what he knows to be true.

We did not dicuss axel diameters, sorry.
Yep, I'm pretty dead set on boring oxford white, but if we're getting white tops and grilles I'm probably going to reconsider.

Any word on what lift/axle a la carte options might be available @Badgerbrown? Or was your buddy pretty general when he said "lots of options available"?
He did not go into that detail, my apologies. He was extremely generous on the Bronco functionality and performance! Heck, I wish I would have asked him more about mechanical, but I was dumb enough to ask him about features (we did discuss mechanical)...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, how about the most asked question on any forum:
How big a tire can I run on stock wheels and suspension?

Sponsored

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gotta ask tho, if the Factory Worker knew how many reservations there were, it seems highly plausible that a test DRIVER would know all about the options right? I'm just trying to piece it all together here ?
Miss the days when our own bronco6g CSI crew would dissect pics and articles. Where have they gone?
We are all on vacation. Guess you didn’t get an invite ?

Ford Bronco Bronco test driver engineer gives some feedback (white and gray grille and tops coming) 1595476876193

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be a naysayer... but curious that the person said the value of the interior in the BD. Aren’t vinyl seats a cheaper seating material? Is marine something special?
Broadly speaking, a marine-grade vinyl would be along the lines of what you'd fine on nicer boats. Vinyl these days is not what it used to be - you can get vinyl that is almost indistinguishable from leather. So in theory it could be a nicely textured leather-like material you can just hose off.

However, there is a lot of gray area in "marine-grade vinyl" so we're going to have to wait and see. Hopefully somebody soon gets some hands-on time with what will actually be in the Bronco (preferably in hot and sunny conditions) and can relay their thoughts.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Broadly speaking, a marine-grade vinyl would be along the lines of what you'd fine on nicer boats. Vinyl these days is not what it used to be - you can get vinyl that is almost indistinguishable from leather. So in theory it could be a nicely textured leather-like material you can just hose off.

However, there is a lot of gray area in "marine-grade vinyl" so we're going to have to wait and see. Hopefully somebody soon gets some hands-on time with what will actually be in the Bronco (preferably in hot and sunny conditions) and can relay their thoughts.
Okay, I was just thinking it sounded like it was such a great value, but if you go aftermarket, vinyl seating seems pretty cheap

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not to be a naysayer... but curious that the person said the value of the interior in the BD. Aren’t vinyl seats a cheaper seating material? Is marine something special?
I believe what the OP meant was that the test driver felt the Black Diamond as a package/trim was a good value, and that he liked the wash-out interior. Not that the interior specifically was something of higher value.

Sponsored

TheRealJyushi

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigvalleyford.biz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently spoke with the person who drives Fords for a living. He was able to take some time to discuss the Bronco.

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
  • There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...

He loves to drive this vehicle - he currently has a F-150..
There's hope for a white top option yet!
Ford Bronco Bronco test driver engineer gives some feedback (white and gray grille and tops coming) UdxFHgm

OP
OP
Badgerbrown

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I received the message they will be well built vinyl seats

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

White top and grill is what I was wanting to hear! Great news, been waiting for 22 years :cool: