Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great Question. I did ask.

There will be (3) interior versions for First Edition Bronco

dark light grey? who knows
I REALLY REALLY hope this is correct!!! Thanks for asking about the First Edition.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I gotta ask tho, if the Factory Worker knew how many reservations there were, it seems highly plausible that a test DRIVER would know all about the options right? I'm just trying to piece it all together here ?
Miss the days when our own bronco6g CSI crew would dissect pics and articles. Where have they gone?
Patiently waiting for the configurator to come online in August ...

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not to be a naysayer... but curious that the person said the value of the interior in the BD. Aren’t vinyl seats a cheaper seating material? Is marine something special?
It really depends on the quality of the material Ford chooses. Like all materials, there are grades and thickness choices.

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m really hoping for a white top available across all trims. I’m so torn on color choice but I’ll prob go with white like my old 89.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really depends on the quality of the material Ford chooses. Like all materials, there are grades and thickness choices.
Also depends on some other characteristics of the seats and vehicle - and obviously how much wear testing takes place.

For example, my wife's Mercedes GLC has their premium leather-like vinyl (think it's called MB Tex). It looks and feels good, cleans easily, and also generally holds up well.
However...
They designed their 'sport' front seats with higher bolsters, and the vehicle rides higher than some of their other vehicles that use the same seats and materials. As a result, unless you are over 6 feet tall, you have to slide across the bolster when you get in and out. In less than a year, both front seats had worn holes on the bolsters, revealing the vinyl was very thin in that area.

Hopefully Ford not only chooses a good quality material but does enough wear-testing to ensure it holds up to the elements and use.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to be a naysayer... but curious that the person said the value of the interior in the BD. Aren’t vinyl seats a cheaper seating material? Is marine something special?
There are great articles online on what to look for for marine vinyl. I.e. how are the layers constructed, the fuzzy layer to protect against over stretching, the foam layer and the third layer. Also, the weight, and the chemicals used to protect the vinyl from getting ruined in the sun. Apparently, if they use more chemicals to protect vinyl it will be a more expensive vinyl. Also, there are two tests they do to make sure the vinyl doesn’t get punctured, a wizenback test and a Martindale year. Anyway, look u- good marine vinyl online it’s not like regular vinyl

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agree
Also depends on some other characteristics of the seats and vehicle - and obviously how much wear testing takes place.

For example, my wife's Mercedes GLC has their premium leather-like vinyl (think it's called MB Tex). It looks and feels good, cleans easily, and also generally holds up well.
However...
They designed their 'sport' front seats with higher bolsters, and the vehicle rides higher than some of their other vehicles that use the same seats and materials. As a result, unless you are over 6 feet tall, you have to slide across the bolster when you get in and out. In less than a year, both front seats had worn holes on the bolsters, revealing the vinyl was very thin in that area.

Hopefully Ford not only chooses a good quality material but does enough wear-testing to ensure it holds up to the elements and use.
Agree. I have a first-year BMW Z4 3.0 (6-speed manual with M package) and the dream red leather interior. Sliding across the bolsters has caused the red to wear fast. And it is not because of age. This is my "fun" drive and it only has 42K miles and is 15 years old!! Hope they make this of a durable material because I want the Bronco to be a hit.

Sponsored

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently spoke with the person who drives Fords for a living. He was able to take some time to discuss the Bronco.

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
  • There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
    • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...

He loves to drive this vehicle - he currently has a F-150..
That's good news for everyone looking forward to specing out a new Bronco! I'm a white grill and top fan and I'm also looking at installing white steel wheels (or have some alloy wheels made like the Icon Broncos) for extended street use.

Cyber Orange and White.png

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does this mean that the 2.3 will be good on the trails but shit on the highway?
Once upon a time, I had a Ford Mustang convertible. As a poor military officer, all I could afford was the 6-CYL. So I got the stick shift (which was also cheaper). One of my buddies bet the farm and got himself into a Shelby Mustang Cobra. One day on the way to the base, our two mustangs met. With two high-ego, hair on fire, go-fasters, you can imagine what happened. When we hit the gates of the base, I was far in front. MORAL: It is not always the engine size, but knowing how to use the vehicle.

That said, if I was getting the smaller engine (which is not an option on the First Edition) I would get the stick. If you know how to drive, you can out drive someone with the bigger engine. Just sayin'.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Will they be offering more than one interior choice for the First edition instead of the blue cattle seats?
Maybe he edited his first post but it looks like yes..

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
  • There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
    • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...

Thehime

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will it tow like a ranger crew cab lol? Jk