First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently spoke with the person who drives Fords for a living. He was able to take some time to discuss the Bronco.

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
  • There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
    • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...

He loves to drive this vehicle - he currently has a F-150..
Can't wait to have this stuff officially debut. I love the white top options, especially with the blue paint colors.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m out. This is the worst news I’ve heard regarding a Bronco. My dad has one. The ride is horrible, almost makes you seasick. The interior is inferior to other Ford vehicles I’ve driven recently, seems cheap compared to everything else. The engine power is A little lackluster, something I was hoping the manual transmission in the Bronco could overcome and it sounds a little weird, almost like an airplane propeller. I was willing to overlook the engine if the rest of the vehicle was good. I couldn’t imagine buying a Bronco if it’s like that.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well let’s hope this is true. If Ford is serious about giving options and it looks like they are then this is a major key for making the Bronco your own. Giving us ways to make it unique to the buyer go a long way. Especially for people thinking of buying used could switch to new just for this alone. ??

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know why we have to have all these trim levels in the first place. Why can't we just build our Bronco the way we want it?

I get some things need to be packaged together, like the safety or entertainment/convenience packages, but why must wheel/tire size, gear ratio, front axle choice, rubber/carpet floor, color, etc. be tied to a package?

Why can't I start with a base, chose motor and transmission, wheels, tires, gears, lockers, axles, floor, color, body armor, color, etc.?

Why must we always have to buy stuff we don't want or need just to get the one thing we do want?

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know why we have to have all these trim levels in the first place. Why can't we just build our Bronco the way we want it?

I get some things need to be packaged together, like the safety or entertainment/convenience packages, but why must wheel/tire size, gear ratio, front axle choice, rubber/carpet floor, color, etc. be tied to a package?

Why can't I start with a base, chose motor and transmission, wheels, tires, gears, lockers, axles, floor, color, body armor, color, etc.?

Why must we always have to buy stuff we don't want or need just to get the one thing we do want?
Totally agree w/ you.
However, if Americans didn’t think this way, then Costco wouldn’t be as popular as it is today.
Best thing that we, as consumers, can do is vote w/ our dollar and drive demand that way!

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I recently spoke with the person who drives Fords for a living. He was able to take some time to discuss the Bronco.

• There will be (5) different wheel options.
  • He is buying the Black Diamond for the value and the interior (he likes the wash options).
  • There will be white and grey options for the grill and the tops.
  • There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
    • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.
  • The 2.7 is great; so is the 2.3 at lower power.
  • There will be a load of factory options!
  • Ford is listening to their customer base more than ever...

He loves to drive this vehicle - he currently has a F-150..
Very First time I'm hearing 3 interior versions on FE. Hopefully true, but can we get a confirmation from another source, just to verify. Not to be a daddy downer but when I see it on Ford website I'll believe it. The build configurator can't get here soon enough IMO.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because it simplifies things on the build side. It allows Ford to build X number of units with this combo of features, X amount with this combo, etc. Helps them with production estimates, parts ordering, etc. If you had a complete build your own vehicle, it'd be a nightmare for them to try to build units in configurations people would buy - not to mention dealers would have a headache trying to stock units.

It's a great idea on paper, but not realistic on a large scale.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because it simplifies things on the build side. It allows Ford to build X number of units with this combo of features, X amount with this combo, etc. Helps them with production estimates, parts ordering, etc. If you had a complete build your own vehicle, it'd be a nightmare for them to try to build units in configurations people would buy - not to mention dealers would have a headache trying to stock units.

It's a great idea on paper, but not realistic on a large scale.

And that makes sense to an extent. I will admit to not having experience on the manufacturing side of things. I just don't understand why I have to be 3 trims up to not have carpet. Wouldn't you put one or the other in at the same time in production? Same thing with axles with or without lockers. You have a pile of both and you just get the one the build plan says to get. You know you're going to need both, so you stock both.

It's just frustrating buying a car these days because there's usually only a few must haves but to get them requires of lot of don't wants. Good for profit I guess.

Possibly my memory fails me, but it seems ordering the exact vehicle you wanted was easier 30 years ago, but maybe I was easier to please.
Sponsored