Sponsored

Bronco test mules different to production broncos?

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As I'm sure most people on this forum have watched every single bronco video on the internet at this point something struck me as odd. So in the videos that they run the bronco through MOAB or other areas, typically they show every GOAT mode at some point but they show the modes with different trims. The most common in the Badlands edition but on paper I've only seen the Badlands have all the GOAT modes EXCEPT Baja mode and the Wildtrak trim is supposed to have all the GOAT modes EXCEPT rock crawl mode. Watching the videos however the broncos they are using all seem to have the entire GOAT mode system with all the modes and not leaving one out. So my question is, do the production Broncos have missing GOAT modes as we've seen and just the broncos they've been taking people on rides with just have the special "show all modes" feature? If that makes sense? In other words I ordered a Wildtrak, am I still not getting rock crawl mode and instead getting Baja? Or do I get all the modes like they've been showing in their ride alongs?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco test mules different to production broncos? F3DF2C90-8EBB-469C-824B-B8222E14A656
I think the GOAT modes are being properly represented in the ride along vehicles.

That of course is not to say that things might not be as they will on our Broncos.

Just out of morbid curiosity, I’d enjoy being pointed to a video where things aren’t in line with that chart.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I haven't seen this. It's been accurate to the stated specs per model in everything I've seen.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badlands has every GOAT mode but Sport. Baja mode is included in the Badlands package.

tomwilli2025

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know if you can switch to 2wd when in Baja?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This chart is showing when the lockers are available, but the presence of 2H suggests that yes, you can select the 4WD setting independent of the GOAT mode.

(ie GOAT modes will auto select the “most appropriate” transfer case setting, but doesn’t prohibit your ability to override it)

Ford Bronco Bronco test mules different to production broncos? FCA5C219-BE2A-4118-BFBD-97B56C97A3B7

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My understanding is that you can, however since Baja mode is designed and calibrated for off road surfaces and sport is designed/calibrated for paved surfaces there are some characteristics between the two that can’t be mimicked by simply switching between 2 and 4 wheel drive.

OP
OP
Abramsman1

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is a different chart from what I saw from awhile back. I do agree they are well represented and this chart basically explained everything. The chart I saw before the Badlands didn't have Baja mode. So now that it does I wish I could change my trim from WT to BL. Thank you for this chart!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a different chart from what I saw from awhile back. I do agree they are well represented and this chart basically explained everything. The chart I saw before the Badlands didn't have Baja mode. So now that it does I wish I could change my trim from WT to BL. Thank you for this chart!
Assuming your order doesn’t have a VIN assigned yet, you can still change your trim.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Folks keep saying that you can get a faux Sport mode using Baja but That isn't accurate. It's been pretty established (as well as it can without solid facts from Ford) that these modes do so much more than simply pick your hero switches for you.

Baja appears to adjust steering, traction control, and brakes (maybe) along with the typical shift points, engine tweaks, etc.

Can't speak for others, but I would have no intention on using Baja on pavement.
Sponsored