zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the Bronco is bold and beautiful and bodacious and by all accounts it has legitimate off road ability.

All that is enough to make it desirable but I wonder how many of us are consciously or unconsciously affected in our decision by the history, heritage and lovely looks of the original generation Bronco.

In other words if the new Bronco was just that, new, and it’s design was original and there was no heritage or history or the first generation to link it to, would you still find its current goodness attractive enough to be as enthusiastic as you find yourself now?

For me that connection with the past is meaningful.
Ford Bronco Bronco....The Heritage Factor 9E1F8AC2-84DE-4516-AC68-5AF53670992D
Ford Bronco Bronco....The Heritage Factor 559296A5-2541-4275-BE7B-CF3586B4D655
Ford Bronco Bronco....The Heritage Factor A1DCC525-38C1-46BE-820B-FCFE0F79604E
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I missed out on the first gen,and always wanted one but were hard to find in good condition for reasonable price($200,000+ is insane)

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the Bronco is bold and beautiful and bodacious and by all accounts it has legitimate off road ability.

All that is enough to make it desirable but I wonder how many of us are consciously or unconsciously affected in our decision by the history, heritage and lovely looks of the original generation Bronco.

In other words if the new Bronco was just that, new, and it’s design was original and there was no heritage or history or the first generation to link it to, would you still find its current goodness attractive enough to be as enthusiastic as you find yourself now?

For me that connection with the past is meaningful.
While I think the G6 is a handsome machine, If I didn't have a history with the early generations and very fond memories I would not be buying one. I'm way to cheap. I never buy vehicles over 10K and always pay cash.
"Never say never"

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, because I want an off-roader that is an American brand that isn't Jeep. I was looking at getting a Rally Fighter because it's a US Veteran owned business. Part of the price is you get flown down to their factory in Arizona and you get to build it from the frame up with one of the Build Trainers. If it wasn't for the release of the Bronco this is where my money would be going.

1103or_01_+local_motors_rally_fighter_concept_vehicle+front_right_view.jpg

1103or_16_+local_motors_rally_fighter_concept_vehicle+custom_vehicles.jpg

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never cared about the old Broncos and never owned or even rode in one. Wife likes the old ones, we both like the style of the new ones.

Sponsored

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 100 percent affected by heritage. I would not be getting one if it weren’t for the experience I had with my classic bronco along with the the cult following it has.
However, I would not be getting one if they came out with something like Chevy’s new blazer. Also, I’m not very interested in the bronco sport either.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, because I want an off-roader that is an American brand that isn't Jeep. I was looking at getting a Rally Fighter because it's a US Veteran owned business. Part of the price is you get flown down to their factory in Arizona and you get to build it from the frame up with one of the Build Trainers. If it wasn't for the release of the Bronco this is where my money would be going.

1103or_01_+local_motors_rally_fighter_concept_vehicle+front_right_view.jpg

1103or_16_+local_motors_rally_fighter_concept_vehicle+custom_vehicles.jpg
Is Local Motors still making the rally fighters? Looks like they are now focusing on their shuttle instead of the rally fighters.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Local Motors still making the rally fighters?
They were only making a total of 2000 of them. I was there recently talking about building number 1985. They were rolling out a Supercharged one when I got there.

IMG_3077.JPG

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve told this story once or twice but my earliest memories of my father as a kid were of him picking me up in his ole ‘73 Bronc taken me to the gravel roads of Iowa, riding the hills of my Grandma’s farm. Listening to Bob Seger. He wasn’t around much but those memories put a smile on my face and everytime I see an old Bronco I get chills. So me getting this Bronco puts that connection between my kid self and my ole man...

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me, its all about the product itself...heritage, Ford allegiance Mox Nix. I'd pay $50K for this if it was reliable manufactured in some banana republic:

Ford Bronco Bronco....The Heritage Factor 1599495974125

I'll have to settle for the g6 equivalent

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I missed out on the first gen,and always wanted one but were hard to find in good condition for reasonable price($200,000+ is insane)
There is something about the looks of the first gen that is very American and very true, very "real". It does not look as though it was just a weekend warrior or someone's toy like most Jeeps look. It looks like it belongs in the places it is pictured in. It looks at ease and natural.

And I wonder if the insane prices of the first gen will be affected positively or negatively with the coming of the new Bronco. Positively and negatively is relative I am sure to whether you are a buyer or seller.;)

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I think the G6 is a handsome machine, If I didn't have a history with the early generations and very fond memories I would not be buying one. I'm way to cheap. I never buy vehicles over 10K and always pay cash.
"Never say never"
You are lucky to have a history and fond memories with the first gen, it only makes the current new Bronco so much more special. (y)

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something inside us makes us find one thing or person more attractive than another.
Most of the time we cannot even explain the reason....like they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder....and the beholder is always seeing with more than just their eyes.:)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll have to admit it's alot about heritage for me. Growing up in the late 60's early 70's I was more gravited to the muscle cars.. But wanted a first gen Bronco ever since the rich kid pulled up with one in the high school parking lot. Lol.
Sponsored