Bronco to debut in April prior to NYIAS-Ford Authority

Shane

First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
You would be surprised how awesome a super duty can do off road. Only pulling a pop up, you could go with a softer suspension. I've seen older v10 f250s, soft spring lifts and lockers, on 37's. Those rigs are pretty capable. plus if its a rig you buy for 10k, put 10k into it. You've got a good adventure rig. For half of what I'm anticipating on the new bronco. Size doesn't matter when its cheap(not afraid of bashing fenders and bedsides in) plus there are tons of them from fleet sales that you can get parts from in scrapyards. My problem is, I can finance through ford, not pay out of pocket for an older build.
Agreed. But you said it, and nor can I afford a build. Will have to finance through Ford. However, size is a factor for me in that we do a lot of camping in some pretty tight spots. Love to get into the trees here in the PNW.
when I was stuck down in SoCal for a time, size wasn’t as big a deal. Especially down in the desert. Though my FJ did feel a bit wide in some of the washes...
No rig is perfect. And I can’t afford to fill a large garage, let alone the garage.

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Exactly. Hoping for a 2.7 in a non Raptor, but 2.3 would probably be fine.
Honestly, I just wanna manual 2dr, as regardless, you'd get a Turbo engine

As I've said before, already built a 2.3, except that was 2 years ago and there are new parts in the market.

Eitherway, it'd smoke the Wrangler, as the 3.6 doesn't doesn't make easy power and the 2.0/Diesel are only available with Auto

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI
I always think back to the 3rd gen Ford GT reveal when that kind of thing is mentioned.

Some new car, I think the new NSX, had just been finally revealed after decades of teasers and rumors. Everybody was happy that it was over with.

Then, moments later (or maybe the next day) Ford was like oh hey guys BOOM NEW FORD GT CHECK IT OUT and everybody forgot about whatever car it was that had just been revealed, at least for a few weeks.

I guess we know too much about the Bronco for that to happen, unless we just THINK we know about it then they suprise us again ...

Stampede.Offroad

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
I don't get the impression the Jeep event showcasing some MOPAR accessories is going to be that hard to overshadow. They could surprise us though if they're attempting to head off the perceived powertrain advantage the upcoming Bronco is likely to have. Some kind of engine performance swap or bolt on kit.

Either way, Jeep will have to show its hand first. Ford can have something lined up to counter if it's shiny and sparkly enough to take away from the Bronco momentum they've established. Similar to the fluffing up before KOH.

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
I don't get the impression the Jeep event showcasing some MOPAR accessories is going to be that hard to overshadow. They could surprise us though if they're attempting to head off the perceived powertrain advantage the upcoming Bronco is likely to have. Some kind of engine performance swap or bolt on kit.

Either way, Jeep will have to show its hand first. Ford can have something lined up to counter if it's shiny and sparkly enough to take away from the Bronco momentum they've established. Similar to the fluffing up before KOH.
Naw, you don't get much Hrsprs from Jeeps without tunes and blowers

There's a thread asking how they get the 3.6 over I believe, they got superchargers, read mixed stuff, etc

If they had MOPAR Tunes and Superchargers, then that'd be able to steal some momentum, but doubt it

BroncoJeremie

First Name
Jeremie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I always think back to the 3rd gen Ford GT reveal when that kind of thing is mentioned.

Some new car, I think the new NSX, had just been finally revealed after decades of teasers and rumors. Everybody was happy that it was over with.

Then, moments later (or maybe the next day) Ford was like oh hey guys BOOM NEW FORD GT CHECK IT OUT and everybody forgot about whatever car it was that had just been revealed, at least for a few weeks.

I guess we know too much about the Bronco for that to happen, unless we just THINK we know about it then they suprise us again ...
Indeed at least for the people on this forums, everyone else is extreamly clueless when it comes to the new bronco, just look at car and driver about the bronco over on Instagram, definitely makes me want to punch my computer screen

OP
Nickp

Nickp

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
So you guys aren’t going to like this... my buddy reached out to me and said he is incorrect. He said there will be goings-on with the Bronco in April but the full reveal is indeed June 9th. Deposit banks will open same day.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI
So you guys aren’t going to like this... my buddy reached out to me and said he is incorrect. He said there will be goings-on with the Bronco in April but the full reveal is indeed June 9th. Deposit banks will open same day.
Well hey, at least that helps confirm our #2069 theory.

Carolina Jim

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
full reveal is indeed June 9th
Any guess on the report by Autoblog that the 3-door will not hit the assembly line this December...and in fact might not be available until second model year?

OP
Nickp

Nickp

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
Any guess on the report by Autoblog that the 3-door will not hit the assembly line this December...and in fact might not be available until second model year?
Absolutely zero possibility this is true.