First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
For myself I’m indifferent. Won’t pay extra but don’t mind it.

I love it for other people because 90% of people have zero idea how to drive.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sounds expensive. Will probably be a standalone option in addition to you buying the Lux package.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Somthing like this would be appealing to me as I hate driving over big bridges which limits my travels if I need to drive alone. Having the car take over during a situation like that would be great for me.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you don't signal your intent to change lanes then you are one of the worst types of drivers; right up there with people doing under in the far left and people who do under on the highway but speed through little towns making it impossible for other motorists to pass them on 2 lane country roads.

OP here....

I personally WANT this feature. I'm in my 30s and a lot of my peers want these features too.

The younger people, even more.

"Computers" have been running various things in your vehicles for years though...

Traction control, stability control, ABS, etc. Its all done with sensors and programming. Aka "computers".

So I for one am super stoked to have this feature! I can't wait!

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve experienced the autopilot feature on a Tesla and though I was very excited for the technology, I had to readjust my expectations. Still pleased overall

Autopilot is a nice to have when you’re sitting in traffic and you plan on staying in one lane. It’s a bit jerky but very convenient and takes the stress out of the commute.

I also would turn the feature on, on long boring stretches of highway that’s mostly straight.

Additionally I would also turn it on, on long scenic stretches of road so I can responsibly look at the views without putting anyone in danger.

But when it comes to twisty roads, that feature will be 100% off so I can enjoy the driving experience.

Don’t get me wrong, as a car enthusiast I love driving the exciting bits of road. But after a long day at the track or on the trails with a 3+ hour drive home it would be nice to have extra features in place to keep you and the other motorist safe

you can think of it as:
1) The Jesus Take the Wheel feature
2) invisible chauffeur

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agree to disagree. Look at all the Tesla accidents. Brought on by driver’s who think they can actually sleep while the car drives itself. No thanks.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agree to disagree. Look at all the Tesla accidents. Brought on by driver’s who think they can actually sleep while the car drives itself. No thanks.
His point still stands. It's intended to make it safer. Can't blame the technology because people abused its intended purpose.

Last edited:

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something like this would be appealing to me as I hate driving over big bridges which limits my travels if I need to drive alone. Having the car take over during a situation like that would be great for me.
I HATE driving over bridges. I want a Nav System with "Avoid Big Bridges" option.

Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Mustang, Tacoma, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the people in here saying no thanks - nobody is forcing you to use these features. There's really two core sets of tools:

1) automatic safety systems intended to prevent loss of property or life
2) automatic driving systems intended to reduce fatigue during long driving.

I have both of these on my Tesla, I don't use #2 very often since we don't road trip with the car. It's useful and works pretty well but not my cup of tea.

#1 though has saved me before - blind spot alert on a tough stretch of highway interchanges, and backing out of a parking space I didn't see another car backing out on the other side of the parking strip. Automatic emergency braking has saved countless wrecks from happening.

xylophone solo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how about an option for no beeps no buzzers no bells no nothing … unless this thing rubs my balls
I'll take a pass.
Sponsored