Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I picked up my Bronco last Friday and on Saturday at 190 miles I got Service Vehicle Soon and Check 4x4 warning lights. I pulled over and contacted my dealer. Was able to clear the warnings by restarting and drive home. Sunday morning when attempting to back out of the garage I got them again, along with Powertrain Malfunction/Reduce Power warnings sent to the app. Additionally, I was unable to shift to 4H, and could barely turn the steering wheel. It has now been sitting at the dealership (who has been pretty great about everything) waiting on a response from Ford. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Ford Bronco Bronco Towed at 310 Miles - Powertrain Malfunction/Service Vehicle/Check 4x4 IMG_4960

Ford Bronco Bronco Towed at 310 Miles - Powertrain Malfunction/Service Vehicle/Check 4x4 tempImageYfcFjO
Ford Bronco Bronco Towed at 310 Miles - Powertrain Malfunction/Service Vehicle/Check 4x4 IMG_1876.PNG

tempImagetU6A6u.png
Sponsored

abeabeabe

Base
First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same exact thing happened to me on my Sasquatch 2.7L. Mine had 4,000 ish miles when it happened. Dealer ended up replacing the 4WD electronic module on mine. It took a few days for the part to arrive. As soon as the part came in the dealer had mine ready for pickup the same day the part arrived.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you go through the pickup checklist? Loose connections and wires hitting drivelines?

OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you go through the pickup checklist? Loose connections and wires hitting drivelines?
Didn’t even have a chance. I was planning to try to do that on Sunday (I’m not mechanically gifted) but we had to have it towed instead. I did provide the OCD checklist to my dealership but I haven’t heard if they went through it.

• Love
Reactions: Cat

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn’t even have a chance. I was planning to try to do that on Sunday (I’m not mechanically gifted) but we had to have it towed instead. I did provide the OCD checklist to my dealership but I haven’t heard if they went through it.
Let's hope it a quick fix!

Sponsored

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you don't mind me asking, if there is a written "Bronco pickup checklist" and if so, where could I find it in this forum. I joined a few weeks ago but haven't run across it. I have seen posts related to specific items that have caused issues....

Thanks in advance,

Ducky

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue (stuck in 4L). There is a few other threads about that same issue on this forum, so not an isolated issue. I also had it towed. Dealer cleared the error code and has seemed to work fine.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I picked up my Bronco last Friday and on Saturday at 190 miles I got Service Vehicle Soon and Check 4x4 warning lights. I pulled over and contacted my dealer. Was able to clear the warnings by restarting and drive home. Sunday morning when attempting to back out of the garage I got them again, along with Powertrain Malfunction/Reduce Power warnings sent to the app. Additionally, I was unable to shift to 4H, and could barely turn the steering wheel. It has now been sitting at the dealership (who has been pretty great about everything) waiting on a response from Ford. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Ford Bronco Bronco Towed at 310 Miles - Powertrain Malfunction/Service Vehicle/Check 4x4 tempImagetU6A6u

Ford Bronco Bronco Towed at 310 Miles - Powertrain Malfunction/Service Vehicle/Check 4x4 tempImagetU6A6u

Any update on this. Same thing happened to me today on the way home from picking it up from the dealer. Mine just says “service vehicle soon”. Nothing about service 4x4. But that same message about drive train malfunction was sent to my app.

Sponsored
OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any update on this. Same thing happened to me today on the way home from picking it up from the dealer. Mine just says “service vehicle soon”. Nothing about service 4x4. But that same message about drive train malfunction was sent to my app.
I just heard back from the dealership today, but just that they have part on the way. I'll update once I find out what part it is. The last thing I heard they were testing things related to the network.

JonD3531

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah Ha, found your thread on this issue. I hope they fix it soon.

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep me posted as well. Mine has been in the shop since last thursday. Service engine soon etc etc powertrain malfunction. I even sent the service rep. at the dealership the link to the post replied on another thread.

OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don’t have a ton to update but this is where I’m at with mine.

We’ve gone from a software & networking issue to ordering a front drive axle due to solenoid that engages the front axle being bad. As evidenced by the fact that disconnecting it and reconnecting cleared the error.

Which sounds a lot like we unplugged it and plugged it back in so that must be it to me. I don’t speak car mechanics but this is sounding a lot more involved. Comments? Advice? Crayon pictorials of what a drive shaft and a solenoid is?

Reactions: Cat

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this issue but it only happened in 4A. If I drove in 4A it would dump the transfer case into 4H. I could still drive in 2H, 4H and 4L so it wasn't any issue for me really. The dealer had to order a transfer case control module I think which took about a month to get in. I still went off roading while I waited but then once they replaced it right and I haven't had an issue since and I've been back in 4A since we had some snowy/icy conditions again.
Sponsored