Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have any tips on painting the Greenlight Wildtrack 1:64? My 2 year old son loves toy cars and I wanted to get him one to match mine (currently awaiting delivery!). But I could only find a Wildtrack in white and mine is Area 51. So I bought Area 51 touch up spray paint and was going to paint it. But I’ve never done this before! Do I really need to strip the paint or can I mask and sand it?

Sponsored

silentd74

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX, 20 Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have any tips on painting the Greenlight Wildtrack 1:64? My 2 year old son loves toy cars and I wanted to get him one to match mine (currently awaiting delivery!). But I could only find a Wildtrack in white and mine is Area 51. So I bought Area 51 touch up spray paint and was going to paint it. But I’ve never done this before! Do I really need to strip the paint or can I mask and sand it?
Sand / mask as needed. Wipe with alcohol after sanding and let the alcohol / water air dry. Spray light coats. Let it dry inbetween coats. You may need a gloss clear spray also, to do after you are happy with the green coverage, unless you want a flat green finish.

Painting 1/64 doesn't sound fun to me but at least it won't take much paint overall.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody get the new 1/18 traxxas? Picked mine up today. Been messing around with it in garage. Obviously not as fast as the big one but still fun.
Ford Bronco Bronco Toys, Diecast, RC 20221224_130347

Love that it comes with LED fog lamps. My 1/10 scale did not. My only appearance complaints after opening is the windows aren’t tinted and it doesn’t have a full size spare.

Just got the same one with the LED light kit. Did not know the other one was so big! Seriously jelly!

silentd74

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX, 20 Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you seen this one:
https://offroadcollectibles.com/2021-ford-bronco-4-door-badlands-1-64-scale/

BipedCreature

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sand / mask as needed. Wipe with alcohol after sanding and let the alcohol / water air dry. Spray light coats. Let it dry inbetween coats. You may need a gloss clear spray also, to do after you are happy with the green coverage, unless you want a flat green finish.

Painting 1/64 doesn't sound fun to me but at least it won't take much paint overall.
Thanks! Yeah the touch up kit came with clear spray too.

I did see that one but wanted the Wildtrack graphics on the hood. If I royally mess it up, I’ll probably buy that one lol

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I usually disassemble the 1:64 scale and strip the paint off the body with Aircraft Stripper, clean it, rinse it, then prime it. Let the primer dry, wet sand it with 400 grit, then clean and dry again. Spray color coats thin to avoid buildup, runs, and sags. I add tiny detailing touches (headlights, tailights, marker lights, mirrors, door handles, etc) by dipping the tip of a safety pin in model paint and CAREFULLY applying it.

I strip the original paint off smaller scales because painting over it tends to cover and hide a lot of the tiny details due to the thickness of the paint.

You can get good results just by sanding the original paint and cleaning it well, but some the details won't stand out as well.

BipedCreature

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I usually disassemble the 1:64 scale and strip the paint off the body with Aircraft Stripper, clean it, rinse it, then prime it. Let the primer dry, wet sand it with 400 grit, then clean and dry again. Spray color coats thin to avoid buildup, runs, and sags. I add tiny detailing touches (headlights, tailights, marker lights, mirrors, door handles, etc) by dipping the tip of a safety pin in model paint and CAREFULLY applying it.

I strip the original paint off smaller scales because painting over it tends to cover and hide a lot of the tiny details due to the thickness of the paint.

You can get good results just by sanding the original paint and cleaning it well, but some the details won't stand out as well.
Can I send you the car and the paint :ROFLMAO: I guess I can always try sanding and painting first and if that doesn’t look good, disassemble, strip, and paint. And if that doesn’t look good, buy the Area 51 one that silentd74 shared lol

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD grille?! Home made? 3D print?
I think it's 3d printed but I got it from ebay. LINK. Heres our other trx4 bronco. This one was used and need rebuilt. Bearings were all rusted and wheel foams were shot.
Ford Bronco Bronco Toys, Diecast, RC 20221212_133448
Sponsored