missin44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess its a start, but its pretty lacking. Not overly user friendly. The best course of action would have been to use Jeep's Badge of Honor as a template.

Last edited:

Kearyclose

Badlands
First Name
Keary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After finally getting it connected it keeps crashing. Won’t let me look at the pics on the trails. As far as I’m concerned it’s complete garbage as is.
Agreed. This was not UAT nearly enough. It’s unusable, so I’ll stick with AllTrails until they fix it.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wasn't expecting to be able to link my phones camera to the screen and record video. That's kinda cool.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone been able to fix the permissions that got this message.

UPDATE: Tried what it said, never could get the Bronco Trail App to ask for permissions.
On my phone, I went to Settings > Apps > Bronco Trail App > Permissions.
Noticed that the permissions for Camera, Files And Media, and Microphone were Not Allowed.
I Allowed all 3 of these and the Bronco Trail App appears to work now.

Ford Bronco Bronco Trail App Finally Released! 📲 Bronco Trail App Permissions

Last edited:

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I knew I wasn't crazy and that was supposed to be a "thing". It kind of quietly went away. Even my dealer didn't now about it when I picked up my Bronco.
just because you're right about this does not prove you're not crazy! JK

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I finally got out to the Bronco and was able to check.
So far, I am not a fan of CarPlay but that’s going to be the trade off to use this app have to have CarPlay enabled. Fortunately since this is the only thing that would require CarPlay, I can enable it when needed and turn it back off when I’m done.
Next issue…the app will not open and work in CarPlay if the app isn’t already open on your phone. Not a big deal, except it constantly wants you to log back into the app every time you open it.
next issue! And this is the big one! Every single time you press the big red button to start a recording the app crashes to desktop. Yep, the Bronco app closes and you’re on the CarPlay screen and the phone app crashes and closes back to desktop. And then back to a previous issue where you have to log in again.
Loren Healy posted on Instagram that they already made some custom maps. So this might just be an isolated issue. I get that the app is early in its release and there’s still gonna be bugs, but if I can’t record video because it crashes the app, that’s a pretty big feature that becomes a no go.
We finally got the app @Ford Motor Company has been promising us, but it seems their devs need to burn the midnight oil to address a lot of issues.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a pinned trail in the app 15 minutes from me. Difficulty Rating of 2 (out of 3?).

It's a well-maintained Forest Service gravel road and a low level tourist attraction (Glade Top Trail) . It's a very nice drive, but a Civic could drive it without a problem.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

does this app work without cell service?
Ideally, like with any of these trail map services, you’d download the trail before you lose service and this you’d still have your trail maps.

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Might be a question already answered but will the recording of the trail done by on board cameras and only use our phones as a storage device or by the users cell camera and data just overlapped on video and saved on to phone? It be nice to use the bronco cameras and save to phone, this would be like a free dash cam if we can run all the time and use phone storage

Download app but haven't been home to test this on my bronco, just curious how this will work.
Sponsored