Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dig it I have 360 cameras for trail sights. And there is zero chance I’m ever going to tie something down on the hood or my soft top. πŸ‘
Sponsored

flagman

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not having received my Bronco yet, as delivery got pushed back today again, for the fourth time since blend date, these are the only accesories I would purchase before I get the Bronc, I personally despise the trail sights, flagman

Maggieandmike

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great idea! I’m waiting to hear more. This is a mod I have been waiting for since the first time I drove my rig.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Wildtrak
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Foxbody, 20 Bronco, 15 911 GT3, 76 BMW 2002
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No bronco ever had these, I'm removing them because it doesn't look like a bronco fender with them. It looks like they let a jeep designer in the drawing room for 5 min and that's what he came up with lol. No vehicle has ever been created with "trail sights" lol.
Ford took the rise in the fenders and made it a functional design with out it takes away from the original design just starting to look like everything else "smooth body lines "
"Trail sights " don't like the name but sure.
Jeep designer no
It would be like Jeep smoothing the body lines.
Oh wait Jeep Liberty

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Wildtrak
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I always thought that someone needs to design one that pushes down, stays there, then when you push it down again, it pops up (spring loaded) like a truck bed tie down anchor.
That is very cool conceptually. Mechanically it might be a challenge to package and engineer. But not impossible.
+1, serves a purpose, hard pass IMO
Close to having something you will enjoy
Yes! Love it. I will be in for a set when your ready!
Awesome man. Its close
trail sight. Just learned that that’s what they are called. What is the concept / function of them.
Mainly so you can place your front tire when going over trails.
I like it! How about a version with just a short raised portion that incorporates a rear-facing LED that can be wired into the turn signals?
This is bad ass. It gets a little more tricky with finding an appropriate light that is on the market, or even designing one on your own. But definitely possible
I've been hoping for these since the first time I saw what the 21' will look like. Sign me up, where do I order! I'll paint them IS and make the front fenders look like a bronco should have from the beginning.
I had no idea these might be a thing. Ive had a few people DM me there email address so I can keep them informed. I will continue to share info here too, but probably do a small private release initially

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is very cool conceptually. Mechanically it might be a challenge to package and engineer. But not impossible.
Perhaps something that hinges up toward the rear, so when you do apply tension (think Limb riser) it stays up...maybe with ball detents or something of the sort to help keep it in place once up.

Just a thought.
I tend to over-engineer everything I do.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Wildtrak
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Perhaps something that hinges up toward the rear, so when you do apply tension (think Limb riser) it stays up...maybe with ball detents or something of the sort to help keep it in place once up.

Just a thought.
I tend to over-engineer everything I do.
If you over-engineer then the brain is working lol. These having the moving mechanical pieces brings up worries for wear and environmental contamination. Dust, dirt and water all start messing things up. Over time wear is inevitable. Now we have lubrication and replacement parts. These are the things that keep me up at night. All that said, I still think what you mentioned is a way to make it happen.

Sponsored

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't think I need this but I love how your thinking.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably not something I would add but I like the creativity of it. It'll be interesting to see what else can be done in place of the gun sites.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you over-engineer then the brain is working lol. These having the moving mechanical pieces brings up worries for wear and environmental contamination. Dust, dirt and water all start messing things up. Over time wear is inevitable. Now we have lubrication and replacement parts. These are the things that keep me up at night. All that said, I still think what you mentioned is a way to make it happen.
Very true.
With the limited space available, making something that allows movement and near-flush concealment would prove difficult.
Especially once you throw in the tight clearances needed for such getting packed with mud, debris, grit. Point taken and agreed!
It's a good idea in theory and probably award-winning CAD work. But in actuality and real-world use, not the best.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Wildtrak
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finished up some of the design work on the Everglade trail sight delete. I decided to call it the Everglades as it is one of the flattest places on earth, and also shares some familiarity with the newly released Bronco model. Reaching out to a few places on some machining quotes today.

Ford Bronco Bronco Trail Sight Delete – Test Fitting Everglades Front Sight Delete 2
Ford Bronco Bronco Trail Sight Delete – Test Fitting Everglades Front Sight Delete 3
Ford Bronco Bronco Trail Sight Delete – Test Fitting Everglades Front Sight Delete 4

Status
Not open for further replies.