Reuben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My. God.

I told myself that this feature would never matter to me but damn that could actually be relevant...

Just like having independent brake controls on a tractor.
I have never had anything like this before, could you please explain the significane of this? I watched the video but since I dont understand I didnt get to enjoy this.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have never had anything like this before, could you please explain the significane of this? I watched the video but since I dont understand I didnt get to enjoy this.
On a mountain pass with a huge drop off, you often have switchbacks. So you have a very sharp turn, and you criss cross the mountain side with sharp turns at the end of the road. It often involves a 3 point or more turn, on a narrow, angled (off camber?) patch of gravel where the road is so small you can't see it. So engaging this would let you hopefully just turn and go. No backing up, uphill while cranking the wheel hard. If you were in a manual and you rolled forward while trying that you would be off a cliff.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I am going to have some FUN with this! ...Granted, my Wife will probably have a vastly different definition of the word in regards to this. *laughs*

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
Simmy

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a mountain pass with a huge drop off, you often have switchbacks. So you have a very sharp turn, and you criss cross the mountain side with sharp turns at the end of the road. It often involves a 3 point or more turn, on a narrow, angled (off camber?) patch of gravel where the road is so small you can't see it. So engaging this would let you hopefully just turn and go. No backing up, uphill while cranking the wheel hard. If you were in a manual and you rolled forward while trying that you would be off a cliff.
Think of it like a poor man's version of a tank turn, just not nearly as tight of a turn.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heck, I am going to impress the gf with my serious and very difficult to learn and execute driving maneuvers!!:sneaky::cool:

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think of it like a poor man's version of a tank turn, just not nearly as tight of a turn.

That thing looks like all the designers of the ugliest trucks got together and were on a tight deadline.

"Tank turn" looks cool, though.

This is what you should have all understood was going to happen when they said it used torque vectoring; not their first time doing it.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if the Bronco can do it in REVERSE gear?! that will be MAD!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd love to see this at lower and higher speeds to see how much of an impact it makes.

I would at slow speed. I'm thinking it should pivot on that rear tire.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As for how it works...

I'm sure it applies a single rear brake based on switch being activated... steering angle... which would tell the processor which way you wanted to go and apply the inside rear brake... throttle position... and most likely a couple other inputs. I'm also sure it's disabled over a certain speed.