Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"

The small Bronco Sport SUV, which Ford will build at its Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico, will be in showrooms later this year.

But the two-door and four-door Bronco will be assembled at Michigan Assembly. The Broncos go on sale in the spring of 2021.

"We have some more tooling in the plant that will be going on the last two weeks of August and first week of September when we're on shutdown," said Erik Williams, plant manager. "Then we'll be ready to start making trial vehicles in November."

"
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if these will be going to showrooms in order for us to see what we're ordering in person.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would trial vehicles be whats sent to press for first drives etc? I know when like C&D and MT got their C8 for first drive they mentioned numerous times it was still a pre production model

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

pre production marketing / show models that eventually get crushed

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The small Bronco Sport SUV, which Ford will build at its Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico, will be in showrooms later this year.

But the two-door and four-door Bronco will be assembled at Michigan Assembly. The Broncos go on sale in the spring of 2021.

"We have some more tooling in the plant that will be going on the last two weeks of August and first week of September when we're on shutdown," said Erik Williams, plant manager. "Then we'll be ready to start making trial vehicles in November."
So based on that, when is the Bronco Job #1?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if these will be going to showrooms in order for us to see what we're ordering in person.
they will likely be for press drives and promo events.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i highly doubt it. Probably just driven around and put through their paces.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have an inkling with the economy the way it is, Ford might offer employees overtime incentives to pump up bronco production.
If ford can find a way to get all of the orders out as fast as possible, it's going to definitely benefit them.

If I could somehow have mine by April or May, I'd be on cloud 9, or more specifically California for a concert.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
They would be smart to start manufacturing the Bronco as soon as possible. Especially with Covid-19 mixing in with Flu season coming up. Shit can get silly really fast.

It would really bad for Ford and the Bronco brand to end up having everything on hold and end up releasing them in late 2021 or even worse 2022. Not good.

Hopefully that doesn't happen but it would be smart to get a jump on them ASAP.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know that dealerships have already been able to put in their order for showroom units to have before release. Supposedly not drive-able (Not sure if that meant they are not functional or they are not allowing test drives of these). As for crash tests, they normally happen after the release of the vehicle unless specifically funded by the manufacturer. This is directly from the IIHS:

For the crash tests we conduct, we purchase the vehicles from dealers just like an ordinary consumer. If the test is being conducted at the manufacturer's request and isn't part of our regular testing schedule, then the manufacturer reimburses us for the vehicle.

They do the purchase to guarantee the manufacturer doesn't send them something different then what consumers receive.
Sponsored