Sponsored

Bronco Trim Names Opinion Poll

How do you feel about Bronco's trim names?

• Total voters

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, there was a discussion on another non-Bronco forum about Bronco's trim names that had me curious what everyone here thinks. I thought we had had some previous posts along these lines, but I searched and couldn't find them, so I'm making a new post and poll - apologies if there was already a poll like this.

I'm curious what everyone here thinks of the use of locations/parks (like OBX, Badlands, Wilktrak, etc) as trim names as opposed to "regular" Ford names like XL, XLT, Lariat, etc. Love them? Hate them? Vote in the poll and we'll see!
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's fine. They made a competitor to jeep, and jeep names their trims, so they're just keeping with the theme of the class. I'm a long time Ford guy, so I know all the XL, XLT etc differences but other people might not, or they may be expecting something completely different and be very confused when they see a Platinum with rubber floors.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like Badlands and Wildtrak, the others seem kind of lame.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like them but voted meh. It really wouldn’t matter to me how they were named. Just don’t stick accent colors to them please Bronco Team *begging*

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the names, maybe wish they named Base like Base Camp or some other name with base in it. I think it will help separate the Bronco enough from the rest of the Ford products, especially if they make a Bronco pick up truck to compete against the Gladiator, it will be differentiated enough from the Ranger.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The trim names are cool...definitely a statement aimed at Jeep. Love the way the names get squatched...badsquatch blacksquatch, basesquatch...cool marketing, and way more fun to talk about!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like them all but Black Diamond. Dont know what skiing has to do with Bronco, lol. I love Outer Banks name the best and Badlands and Wildtrak are cool too. I think they should have stuck with a theme like Badlands, Big Bend, and Outer Banks.....they left that with Black Diamond, Base, and Wildtrak.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Don't mind them but would have preferred just base, Sport, and Ranger then they could have just added packages and engine choices to take on what your purpose was. Right now pretty much all of them can be spec'd the same what are the truly special options? Sway bar disconnect and 33s for one model, cloth and carpet on a few, 3 grille options, manual only with 2.3. Everything can be squatched everything can have v6, no offense to anyone but kinda takes away if your buying a WT or FE and park next to an OB that looks exactly like yours and probably paid the same price.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I like them all but Black Diamond. Dont know what skiing has to do with Bronco, lol. I love Outer Banks name the best and Badlands and Wildtrak are cool too. I think they should have stuck with a theme like Badlands, Big Bend, and Outer Banks.....they left that with Black Diamond, Base, and Wildtrak.
BD isn't just for skiing trails, pretty much covers them all, bike, hike, 4x4, etc.

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the naming scheme for each Bronco. It just seems like Ford put a lot of effort into the thought and design instead of just calling it XL, or whatever.

I also think it would be awesome to continue the naming scheme, like White Sands, or Yellowstone, etc...

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah actual trim names are better than the XL, XLT, etc and they mostly did a good job. Telling people, "I have a 2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond with Sasquatch package" is a bit of a mouthful though.

Blksunshine06

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I voted for the OG trim names but I do like the new name styles. I just don't want to learn the trim package names and then have them replaced in a couple years or made into options. I loved having a (2004, 2008) F150 XLT with the FX4 option, now I have a 2014 F150 FX4. But in 2020 that's an option again not a trim package. I understand, I have some unreasonable ways of looking at things!

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of WildTrak. Would have loved Mojave if Jeep hadn’t already taken it. Definitely should be something desert related though.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad they’re not standard Ford names. XL, XLT, Lariat... have always been horrible to me. The worst is Platinum. Straight up lame.
Sponsored