Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's some current SSMs

SSM 50711 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Window Rattle When Driving Over Bumps

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a window rattle when driving over bumps with the windows placed in the partially down position. This may be due to incorrect window glass adjustment from the factory. To correct this condition, perform the Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment procedure located in the Workshop Manual, Section 501-11 > Front doors > Steps 18-26, Rear Doors > Steps 21-25. It is not necessary to remove the door panel to perform this adjustment. During adjustment, set the window regulator nuts to their most outboard position (this will move the top of the window inboard), then reevaluate the noise. Be sure to place the window in the fully down position during adjustment.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 - 2022 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO

SSM 50688 - 2021-2022 Bronco – Soft Top Roof – Service Replacement Window Buckles Now Available

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with a soft top roof may require replacement of the female buckle which attaches the upper sections of the windows to the soft top canopy. Replacement female buckles are now available (service part number M2DZ-00817-A). Each package contains 1 buckle. If the male side of the buckle fails, replacement of the affected window assembly would be required.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

SSM 50670 - 2021-2022 Ranger/Bronco, 2022 Explorer - 2.3L EcoBoost - Lack Of Power And Illuminated MIL With DTC P25B4 - Built On Or After 14-Dec-2021

Some 2021-2022 Ranger/Bronco vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine built on or after 14-Dec-2021 and 2022 Explorer vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine and built on or after 14-Dec-2021, may exhibit a lack of power with anilluminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble code (DTC)P25B4 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). To correct the condition, clear the DTC and road test the vehicle under load until the vehicle reaches operating temperature. If the DTC repeats, the turbocharger will need to be replaced. For claiming use causal part 6K682 and applicable labor times found in Section 09 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual. If the DTC does not repeat, release the vehicle to the customer.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 - 2022 TRUCK: FG P375N RANGER

2022 CAR: TW U625N EXPLORER

SSM 50476 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Hard Top - Exterior Cleaning And Care

2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with the hard top roof option are compatiblewith traditional drive through car washes. Plastic surface conditioners and spray (liquid) wax/detailer products may also be used for care and maintenance. Avoid cleaning the hard top exterior surface with power tools/buffers, rubbing/polishing compounds and paste waxes/polishes as this could scratch or damage the surface. Cleaners that contain alcohol and other strong solvents such as toluene oracetone must never be used. Using those types of cleaners may cause unrepairable damage to the surface of the hard top. In all cases, verify compatibility in an inconspicuous location prior to broad application.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

SSM 50477 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Short Drop Window Feature - Contact With Weather Strip When Opening

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a side door window that gets hung upon the upper door weatherstrip when opening the door causing resistance to opening. This may be due to an incorrect alignment of the side door and/or window. To correct this condition, ensure no damage exists to the door, latch or related components and make necessary repairs before continuing. If concern persists, perform the Up/Down, Fore/Aft Adjustment (steps 1-15), refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-11, Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment Procedure. If the concern has not been resolved, perform Pinpoint Test K located in Section 501-11 of the WSM.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

SSM 50461 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Soft Top Roof - Service Rivets Now Available

2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with a factory soft top roof may require replacement of the soft top canopy material. Replacement rivets are now available (service part number W790580-S900). Each package contains 4 rivets.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Keep them coming, it’s nice going into a shitty dealer with the tsb. They like to play dumb.
I get that....but when I get a new vehicle I download / pdf / print the factory workshop manual (most have paid access for 72 hours, a month etc) so I can do my own work / repair if it's not something major I want documented at the dealer.

OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For example - see

SSM 50711

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a window rattle when driving over bumps with the windows placed in the partially down position. This may be due to incorrect window glass adjustment from the factory. To correct this condition, perform the Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment procedure located in the Workshop Manual, Section 501-11 > Front doors > Steps 18-26, Rear Doors > Steps 21-25. It is not necessary to remove the door panel to perform this adjustment. During adjustment, set the window regulator nuts to their most outboard position (this will move the top of the window inboard), then reevaluate the noise. Be sure to place the window in the fully down position during adjustment.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

I've attached the factory procedure to perform the adjustment

Attachments

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For example - see

SSM 50711

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

Just a note be careful when adjusting the windows. They can break easy. I’d let the dealer do that one do they have the liability

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For example - see

SSM 50711

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

Yeah I’m not doing that myself lol. In fact I had the dealer so it last Friday lol. Much better although still rattles but I’m much rougher road

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For example - see

SSM 50711

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

Wait a second... Are you saying they actually have a fix for the rattle? And does it actually work? That is rather annoying not being able to drive with the windows down an inch, always have to go further to avoid that.

OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait a second... Are you saying they actually have a fix for the rattle? And does it actually work? That is rather annoying not being able to drive with the windows down an inch, always have to go further to avoid that.
It's an adjustment issue. These printouts are direct from the latest Ford Service Manuals / Updates. I know the '22 2dr BB we just took delivery of last week doesn't have a rattle issue. I've heard it make noise once - was half way down and I hit a pretty bad expansion joint on the interstate at 70+ mph and it rattled sort of once. That's it.

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's an adjustment issue. These printouts are direct from the latest Ford Service Manuals / Updates. I know the '22 2dr BB we just took delivery of last week doesn't have a rattle issue. I've heard it make noise once - was half way down and I hit a pretty bad expansion joint on the interstate at 70+ mph and it rattled sort of once. That's it.
Guess at some point need to call my dealer and bring it in..... Again 😞 gets annoying that everything seems to be... Leave it for a day or 2.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Owe you a drink. Thanks ctandc!
Printed the info you provided and hope to be talking with local dealer/techs tomorrow...My Bronco is potentially arriving within a week on the home acreage! Now they can put me in line for the service attention as we settle the bloodletting in finance.

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

None of them have a rattle, until they do. Took about 1K miles for mine. I used the TSBs and service manual to mostly fix the rattle and windows caught on weatherstripping issues myself, after the dealer gave it a lazy attempt.

OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's why I posted it for everyone to use. It's not a hard process. Thing is - the techs at the dealers are new to working on Broncos too. Just saying - I've been in their shoes, back when there was just paper manuals and if your were LUCKY the entire shop might have one or two copies of the new service bulletins and procedures for new vehicles.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's why I posted it for everyone to use. It's not a hard process. Thing is - the techs at the dealers are new to working on Broncos too. Just saying - I've been in their shoes, back when there was just paper manuals and if your were LUCKY the entire shop might have one or two copies of the new service bulletins and procedures for new vehicles.
I say lazy because I had to give them the TSB number before they would even give it a glance. They aren't hard to find, and like you said this isn't remotely hard one to fix. They used the two Broncos in their showroom to prove my issues were normal. No, their Broncos had the same issues mine did! Super lazy.
Sponsored