Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a six week wait to get an appt & 29 days of fuckery “the dealer” (not my dealer 🥃) has officially refused to adjust my 2Door windows in the effort to address the rattle. They claim there is no procedure for the 2023….

I also have a torn driveshaft boot and ford will not sell just the boot, only the driveshaft. After being back ordered for weeks it finally has a ship date….in JUNE. WTF.

Hardtop leak remains unsolved. If they can’t fix it with a new passenger panel I will be demanding an entire new top.

I spoke to the Service Director last Friday and chewed him out. He promised to give my truck his attention. Well that was apparently bullshit.

I spoke to my service advisor again yesterday and demanded that they evaluate the hardtop TODAY, and call me with their assessment. I also demanded that they return my truck to me today. I also demanded that when the driveshaft arrives I will not be waiting another six weeks to get an appt to swap out the shaft. He agreed to all of this.

oh and my Ford Edge loaner died temporarily with some kind of electrical stroke. Wouldn’t turn on or turn the accessories mode (dash on) off for 30 min. It was honking and the dash was lit up with every possible error code. I called my wife and asked her to bring my tools so I could disconnect the battery, but before she arrived it decided to finally shut itself down and I was able to restart the engine as normal. WTF.

I asked them “is this what it’s like to own a Ford?”

Not impressed.
Sponsored

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was an SSM, it’s just since been removed, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Just because new Broncos have the same issue doesn’t make it normal.
Oh I totally agree. This is not normal. This should not occur. This is not their first indexing frameless window. This is not some new fancy tech. Windows should be able to go up and down and not make a noise driving down the street when hitting a pebble in the street.

It is that this is just the technications procedure when there is no SSM.
If Ford pulled the SSM, that indicates to the technician that the procedure to resolve the issue was not a good fix or a fix at all. I am hopeful that there is just a new SSB/TSB around the corner that will better address the issue.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is that this is just the technications procedure when there is no SSM.
If Ford pulled the SSM, that indicates to the technician that the procedure to resolve the issue was not a good fix or a fix at all. I am hopeful that there is just a new SSB/TSB around the corner that will better address the issue.
I get what you mean.

That may be their procedure, but it’s not the correct one. I’m also a technician and I would gladly still attempt to rectify the situation by adjusting the windows outlined in the old SSM to try and help my customers. Not just shrug it off because the SSM is no longer there 🤷‍♂️
If you get tired of waiting for a new SSM/TSB, you may want to get a second opinion at a different dealer.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
^^^or adjust it yourself. i know it's not right, but do you want to have a free head space and still have your vehicle in your garage?

mine was in the shop for 6 wks for 4 things and unfortunately only 3 were fixed and the acm is causing a parasitic draw. they tried to blame me for aftermarket amp and speakers. it wasn't because i had returned everything to stock before taking it in to help find the problem. i now have no radio, gps/navigation and the pass app won't connect. the app, nav and gps all worked before going into the dealer also. guess i'll take it back in the fall when the weather goes to shit

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New SSM for window rattles

SSM 51694 2021-2023 Bronco - Window Rattle From The Front Doors Over Bumps
Some 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a rattle from the front windows with the windows placed in the partially down position and driving over rough roads and/or bumps. This condition is currently under investigation and repairs and/or component replacement is not expected to reduce the rattle. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle and that engineering is currently developing a solution which will be available in Q4 2023. Monitor OASIS and schedule a follow up appointment with the customer when the fix becomes available.
Sponsored