First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In surprised this one doesn't have it's own thread....
Nobody considering fixing it themselves?
There are other threads on this. I posted this TSB and service manual procedure in at least 3 other threads. Several of us have fixed it ourselves. Not sure why anyone would be afraid of breaking the glass, its not a complicated procedure.

Edit: When I say fixed, I really mean its better but not perfect. This procedure also includes the window getting caught on weather-stripping issue, which are related.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go here:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/

Create an account (it's not linked to your Ford account).

Login, click on SERVICE INFO

Click the dropdown to select 72 hour access (it's $21.xx) Monthly is like $300 and yearly is over $2K

Checkout, pay - done.

It gives you ALL ford technical info for any vehicle made from '94 and up. You can access by VN or year / make / model.

You can't print the entire manual at once, but you can go through and use 'print to pdf' to save all the pages / docs you want. I've done it for every Ford I've owned for quite a while.

Once you've paid, log in to the same site, click on MY SUBSCRIPTIONS. You'll see this:

1652293578248.png

Click on the blue link (All VEHICLE LINES...)

You'll see this:

1652293622262.png

Enter the VIN or select the year / model etc.

The manuals are under the WORKSHOP Tab. This is the same resource the dealer techs use.
How many pages is the service manual?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are other threads on this. I posted this TSB and service manual procedure in at least 3 other threads. Several of us have fixed it ourselves. Not sure why anyone would be afraid of breaking the glass, its not a complicated procedure.

Edit: When I say fixed, I really mean its better but not perfect. This procedure also includes the window getting caught on weather-stripping issue, which are related.
For the TSB, it recommends tipping the glass into the stripping by swinging out the bottom 2 bolts...
Wouldn't it be better to move the entire window track inwards the same, too and bottom?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For the TSB, it recommends tipping the glass into the stripping by swinging out the bottom 2 bolts...
Wouldn't it be better to move the entire window track inwards the same, too and bottom?
The goal is to stop the rattle, so its moving the source away from what its rattling on. Pretty simple, makes more sense when you take everything apart. This causes issues with the window and weather stripping upon opening. At least on most of my windows it did. Hard to dial in and fix both issues, which is why I say it's better but not perfect. Its a shitty design.

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
None of them have a rattle, until they do. Took about 1K miles for mine. I used the TSBs and service manual to mostly fix the rattle and windows caught on weatherstripping issues myself, after the dealer gave it a lazy attempt.
I have both the window issue and the rear passenger window is getting caught on the weather stripping. Do you happen to have those sections/directions? I see the window rattle instructions but not the weatherstripping issue. Thanks in advance

OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The directions for the power window adjustment (front and rear). The directions for the adjustment for the glass itself is already posted in this thread (1st page).

Attachments

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have both the window issue and the rear passenger window is getting caught on the weather stripping. Do you happen to have those sections/directions? I see the window rattle instructions but not the weatherstripping issue. Thanks in advance
I’ve posted several times. Here’s one in a thread with good pics and details we went through when we figured out how to DIY this.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/window-getting-caught-when-opening-door.24948/post-1172539

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if anyone else has posted these - if they have I guess a Moderator can delete them. Figured they might help some owners.
Thank you

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if anyone else has posted these - if they have I guess a Moderator can delete them. Figured they might help some owners.
Another note of thanks. Made an appointment for the partially open window rattle. Worried they might even shatter it was so bad on a logging road.

Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For example - see

SSM 50711

SSM 50711 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Window Rattle When Driving Over Bumps

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a window rattle when driving over bumps with the windows placed in the partially down position. This may be due to incorrect window glass adjustment from the factory. To correct this condition, perform the Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment procedure located in the Workshop Manual, Section 501-11 > Front doors > Steps 18-26, Rear Doors > Steps 21-25. It is not necessary to remove the door panel to perform this adjustment. During adjustment, set the window regulator nuts to their most outboard position (this will move the top of the window inboard), then reevaluate the noise. Be sure to place the window in the fully down position during adjustment.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 - 2022 TRUCK: G1 U725N BRONCO

I've attached the factory procedure to perform the adjustment
This is good stuff. TY! Where can I get that full manual from? I'm needing the steps to align the doors. Both front doors are rubbing the paint away in the door jambs so I'd like to correct that then fix the windows from sticking. I've already attempted to have the windows relearn their position but the still stick.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is good stuff. TY! Where can I get that full manual from? I'm needing the steps to align the doors. Both front doors are rubbing the paint away in the door jambs so I'd like to correct that then fix the windows from sticking. I've already attempted to have the windows relearn their position but the still stick.
Post #30 of this thread. I posted directions how to get access to print / save the full Ford Service manual.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Full manual can be downloaded for free here.

(1) 2021+ Ford Bronco Service Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Owners Manual [Download] | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Can be purchased here

2021 Bronco Service Information Manual CD-ROM - Helm Incorporated

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heat shrink works as well. What's interesting is the Ford TSB fix has the tech use grease on each locator pin (one at at time) until the noise goes away. Then they REPLACE the affected latch or locator pin assembly.
I did heat shrink and all the pins today its amazing sound is totally gone. Simple easy fix

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The goal is to stop the rattle, so its moving the source away from what its rattling on. Pretty simple, makes more sense when you take everything apart. This causes issues with the window and weather stripping upon opening. At least on most of my windows it did. Hard to dial in and fix both issues, which is why I say it's better but not perfect. Its a shitty design.
Yep, your right.
If it was that simple there wouldn’t be a problem. Obviously the design has some major flaws. Between the windows rattling and the window indexing issues I have seen on the Bronco’s it seem to be across the board.
I would be very surprised if any adjustments will correct theses deficiencies for the long run.
Kinda sad to think Ford can’t even do windows right in 2022.
They have no excuse.
Sponsored