First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The fact that FF is desirable is a curse for the order holders.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Meh. Auctions fetch more. Buyers have bigger pockets and sellers incur fees. There’s plenty of dealerships with lesser mark up.

It seems like the going rate on mark ups is 5-10k depending on tertiary/secondary markets and upwards of 15k for say a loaded sas non-FE outside a major city. Although understand that FE is more of a disconnect.

I would think if a buyer was prepared to pay the above, they could find one pretty easily. I guess to wealthier people bidding at auctions, the ‘cost’ of exclusivity for a year or two is subjective, and has more ‘worth’ to them than the average joe

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Meh. Auctions fetch more. Buyers have bigger pockets and sellers incur fees. There’s plenty of dealerships with lesser mark up.

It seems like the going rate on mark ups is 5-10k depending on tertiary/secondary markets and upwards of 15k for say a loaded sas non-FE outside a major city. Although understand that FE is more of a disconnect.

I would think if a buyer was prepared to pay the above, they could find one pretty easily. I guess to wealthier people bidding at auctions, the ‘cost’ of exclusivity for a year or two is subjective, and has more ‘worth’ to them than the average joe
I think you nailed it square on the head. Wealthy people have lower utility for a lump of $10k; but higher utility for a prestige piece to wow their friends/investors/clients. Capitalism; it's what made us the most powerful country in the world; don't knock it.

It's wonderful to have options.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@SupremoSombrero Yup. I have a friend that does high end residential construction in NYC. The term 'flex' has a whole other meaning for the super rich. One guy spent a few million digging out and installing a pool in his townhouse basement (the marble walls and ceilings alone was $1MM). The client never uses it, but probably wants to say he has a pool in the city....So when I see someone moderately wealthy at auction throwing out $30k over sticker to drive around a Bronco for a year before they hit critical mass, that doesn't surprise me one bit. They could have spent a couple days putting in the legwork to find one on a dealer lot, but that's too much work for them.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Antimatter Black! LOL
I swear the dash on my Navy Pier OBX is the same way. Some days it is black and some it is blue. Love the pic going over the dry creek bed, put a Christmas tree on top and that is postcard material!

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your wasting your time with this guy. He’ll just keep bickering.
I’m wasting my time because you and the other guy just keep pulling BS out your asses and pretending they’re facts.

Cite a source, buddy.

J_WARE

Outer Banks
First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a dealer and just bought a 21 4 dr OBX 2.7 w/sas and high package and only 34 miles. I bought at a dealer only auction and paid 15k over sticker. I have fuel wheels and 37" BFG tires coming and will relist it for 10k over what I paid. I did this because I want a bronco now and feel pretty certain I can get my money back out of it. I know it sounds crazy, but I've been in the business long enough to know there are people with disposable money and will pay way over for something they want, esp. when they want it NOW.

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
I looked on ebay and there are over 120 or so Bronos on sale there at ridiculous prices. Doesnt strike me that a lot are selling at those prices...
You can look at how much things sold for on eBay

Sponsored

RickRicart

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor, Mustang Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

AMB ... Antimatter Blue ... you know, the discontinued color LOL!

You'll see this particular pic here first! Went to So. Indiana this weekend. First road trip in it!
1635125034154.png
Yes!! Love it!! She is sweet. Congrats!

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting first and only thread and post.

A few auction prices isn’t convincing me that Big Bend or ANY 2021 Bronco is worth $70k+. Its a $40k truck to me and I will wait until it hits rental car status in a year or two and I will get my $40k Bronco and the guy who couldn’t wait will take a $30k depreciation hit at the same time. Even if I was loaded, I wouldn’t make a deal like that.

For $70k, there are like 50 other cars or trucks I would buy over a Bronco
I agree 100%.

Socal71

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2005 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thought I would start this thread to start gathering information. I did a search and didn't find anything similar so I apologize.

I was just at Mecum in Chicago and There were 6 that crossed the auction block 5 sold the other had reserve not met.

2021 BigBend 4DR ST+Squatch 300mls $68,200+10-12%

2021 BlackDiamond 4DR ST+Squatch 1,000mls $71,500+10-12%

2021 BadLands 4DR ST+Squatch 835mls $72,600+10-12%

2021 BigBend 4DR ST+Squatch 200mls $66,000+10-12%

2021 FirstEdition 4DR HT+Squatch 850mls $99,000+10-12%

2021 FirstEdition 2DR HT+Squatch 51mls $85,000+10-12%
(DID NOT SELL BUT BID UP TO THIS)

Obviously not a lot of data points, but I thought it was interesting to note big departure between the FirstEdition and the others.

What I can't explain if it was because they were FirsEdition models or if it was because they were hard tops.

From this forum my understanding is there there aren't a lot of material differences in FirstEditions from similarly spec'd models like the BadLands (Obviously the graphics and the title). The only other difference in these were the hardtops and colors.

I actually have a Badlands 4DR ST coming in the next few weeks. My original order was a BL 2DR HT but because of the delays and no guarantee on delivery date I changed the order......low and behold it got me one now. Having said that I would much prefer the HT and it doesn't seem those will be available separately for likely a year. Sooooo.........I was looking for a HT even at a markup.
I have a White Wildtrak 2 door an got offered 70k on the street. I'm starting to debate it I should actually sell it.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wealth is transferred to the patient from the inpatient.
Agree people can do what they want and buy what they want. I prefer to wait. I’m just excited they actually made a new bronco. Jeep needs competition