First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty soon they will have 3 cars/trucks in their lineup...The Bronco....the F150....the mustang....All Ford cars/trucks will be called one of the three. Its a branding thing....They had to call the Mach E a mustang or it would never have sold...Just like the Bronco Sport is really an escape.
I drove the Bronco Sport and the Escape back to back and they are not the same.
I ended up getting the Escape because of the lease deal and the fact that the Escape is more comfortable/less stiff on regular roads, but the look and feel and driving were very different.
It is like saying a Escape is the same as a Lincoln Corsair. All three are distinct.

The Mach-E was all about changing the mindset of the vehicle. It did not have to be called that, but it allowed the designers and engineering to have a vision to strive for, and that actually made it easier to decide what do to when they had to make trade offs.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also disagree with calling anything with 4 doors a bronco. It is blasphemy!!!!
Just to clarify... the REAL BRONCO is the 2-Door.

The 4-Door is also a "pretend Cosplay Bronco" that is pretty much a Flex with fancy grille. It needs a REAL BRONCO to rescue it when it gets stuck at the top of a sand due.

Carry on...

/jk
Neither are REAL BRONCOS. The REAL BRONCO has a one piece hardtop not this multi-piece top or soft top.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:
Reactions: abe

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have heard a few people say it is confusing having more than one Bronco, and I point out Jeep. Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler. They are all Jeepā€™s.
That's because Jeep is a brand name, no a name plate.

Bronco Sport and Bronco are name plate.

It's like having named the Jeep Patriot as Wrangler sport and then the big Brother the Wrangler.

I do think that it does confuse people of a what a Bronco really is. Bronco sport is not a Bronco. It's more fitted of the first vision of the Escape.

However, it doesn't really matter, both vehicle are a success and are for different targets.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agreed. The bronco sport is actually a cool little vehicle, but shouldnā€™t be called a Bronco, itā€™s extremely confusing for the general public.

Hell, there are even people that come here and start threads about their Bronco Sport that donā€™t even realize they are on a site dedicated to the real Bronco. I think some of them might not be aware of the big bronco thatā€™s in the pipeline.

Itā€™s a strange move, especially when the ā€œBroncoā€ nameplate means next to nothing to the target demographic of the Bronco Sport
Standard halo effect marketing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
uhhh.... Ford is an actual company. Jeep is not. You can buy share of stock in Ford, you canā€™t buy stock in Jeep.

But this argument is pedantic, bottom line is that Bronco Sport is a real Bronco.
Yeah Jeep is the brand they have a parent company. Ford is the brand Bronco is a line within the brand.
So yes very different. Just because you can purchase shares does not qualify it as a company... Your argument does not work.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only people who don't think the Bronco Sport is a 'real' Bronco are the ones who don't have one! I can tell you after 4000 flawless mostly off-road miles, it's deserving of the name. Will it go everywhere the big Bronco goes? Obviously not, but it shines off-road, goes 0-60 in under 6s and my Badlands is averaging almost 27 mpg overall with recent dirt trips topping 30 mpg giving me a 500 mile range! I love it! I also have a Badlands Bronco on order but the sport will remain my daily exploration vehicle because it's just so darn fun!!! Ford did a really good job on it!

OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only people who don't think the Bronco Sport is a 'real' Bronco are the ones who don't have one! I can tell you after 4000 flawless mostly off-road miles, it's deserving of the name. Will it go everywhere the big Bronco goes? Obviously not, but it shines off-road, goes 0-60 in under 6s and my Badlands is averaging almost 27 mpg overall with recent dirt trips topping 30 mpg giving me a 500 mile range! I love it! I also have a Badlands Bronco on order but the sport will remain my daily exploration vehicle because it's just so darn fun!!! Ford did a really good job on it!
I agree it seems like a fun suv but it also causes confusion amongst the general public.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronco sport badly dilutes the "Bronco" brand. The Bronco brand should be reserved for true off road capable trucks and not a dressed up Ford Escape. The is nothing wrong with the bronco sport and it has it's place in the market but it should have retained the escape name.
How does the Sport dilute the Bronco brand? I agree with a few people on here saying that it's great that Ford introduced the Sport before the Bronco. Drums up interest in the brand and generates revenue for Ford who then can pivot and use that capital for tooling for our Broncos. Business 101. And I feel the "right" people will know the difference between the Sport and Bronco.

Regarding "dilution", did the Focus RS dilute the Focus brand? I mean, the RS didn't make its way to the US until 2016, so when it was introduced in 2016, were people like "What is this? Yet ANOTHER focus model?" WTF?" No, they weren't. I understand the RS and Sport are on opposite sides of their respective brand spectrums, but the logic stands.

Ford is consolidating their model line. The Sport falling under the Bronco umbrella follows that.

Sponsored

IndyBoswell

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I hear what youā€™re saying, and itā€™s super frustrating that our Bronco is in high demand while the sport somehow gets to begin production way sooner. But my feeling on the sport is its like the Bronco II. Remember that thing? Not nearly as cool, but it had its fair share of fans. So in that context, I would say that this is not even a historically original move, to have a lesser version that shares the nameplate šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: abe

BroncoAbe

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@That_Hal I completely agree with you (and other posters) that it is frustrating to hear the 'they got theirs, when are you getting yours?', but I would argue that is only personally annoying. Everyone will always judge you for what you have or don't, but that is just them projecting. It's the same with the 'I drive a Jeep' that ends up being a Cherokee vs. Grand Cherokee (or Bulldog now).

I want mine bad, and every time someone says something it hurts to know that it will be a few more months, but they will be super jealous when you are riding down the street, top off, towering over the baby bronco!

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the Bronco Sport is a cool vehicle. I would get one, except I no manual transmission, so I am getting a real Bronco instead.

I have heard a few people say it is confusing having more than one Bronco, and I point out Jeep. Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler. They are all Jeepā€™s.

No difference with Bronco. For a lot of people the Bronco Sport will be a great option.
My sister just got the Sport and she likes it. I just think Ford should've called it the Baby Bronco instead of Sport. imho

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Explorer name change proposal:
Bronco Hauler

Ford Escape:
Bronco Venture

Ford Edge:
Bronco Commuter

Ford Flex:
Bronco (4-Door) Street
Explorer: Bronco Highway
Escape: Bronco City
Expedition: Bronco XL

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't help the cause they badge it with bigass BRONCO front and rear, and then a tiny "sport" that most people don't notice.
Sponsored