Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Found this ad for 2021 Bronco at Mabank Ford 903 887 2121 .....the explanation I was given was the vin was assigned to someone with a reservation, seems a bit early.
Ford Bronco Bronco VIN 1603306677803
Ford Bronco Bronco VIN 1603306677803
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picture does not match description at all.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looked up the VIN. That is indeed a VIN for a 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks with a 1.5L I4 made in Hermosillo, Mexico.

Chris

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are they trying to sell his reservation from under his nose? Hey, you gotta pay ADM, since I've already got interest in your reservation.. haha

Outer Banks starts at $32,160...$36,140 fully loaded (minus accessories) (n):mad:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looked up the VIN. That is indeed a VIN for a 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks with a 1.5L I4 made in Hermosillo, Mexico.

Chris
Really? I just ran the vin through oasis and got a message saying pre-production vin not yet produced

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vin starts with 3 means Mexico, so Bronco Sport. Bronco being US made will likely start with 1 (could be 4 or 5, but Ford is usually 1)

It did make me jump on the vehicle locator and I do see a lot of Bronco Sports listed on there today (as in production/Plant status). These should be the first ones built (I think job 1 is the 26th) For those that keep thinking things will be built in batches, this proves otherwise. I see all the models, base, outer banks, Big bend and Badlands in all different colors just like we normally see production go. Interestingly out of the 25 listed on the first page, only 3 have the 4 cyl, the other 22 ore 3 cyl. Hopefully Ford plans for the opposite mix on 2.7/2.3.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3063

When you order is assigned a vin it means the build is scheduled. The last time I had a vin assigned to my order it took 4 weeks to deliver.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you order is assigned a vin it means the build is scheduled. The last time I had a vin assigned to my order it took 4 weeks to deliver.
Thats the way it used to be, now it seems to be more jumbled up and they seem to be dropping in vins at different points. For example on Bronco Sport

My first one (vin 03923) is currently scheduled for Dec 14th. Second one (vin 06243) is Nov 23. The last one I got in the second month of allocation (vin 10557) is scheduled for Nov 17th. Fist one is a 2.0L, so they must be short, last one was a Big Bend so the low end ones must be getting pulled ahead.

I'm looking for similar to happen on Bronco where instead of weekly Ford does a monthly (or even quarterly) scheduling pull, which will mix up the orders more, but make sure that the ones that can be built get built. This means that a dealer might have 2 schedule same day, yet build be 4 weeks apart (if Ford does monthly scheduling) based on commodities. Nothing consumer or dealer can do, just wanted to point it out so if it happens to you, its not your dealer screwing you or anything, just the way the system works sometimes, if demand is higher than supply on options.
Sponsored