Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can't beat the versatility of a truck. If you can only have one and your not a serious off-roader, you need to go with the truck. I would never be without one. The bronco is just a fun vehicle for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mabes

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Challenging decision. Both and great choices. Both are quite different. I am planning to buy a 2 door Badlands for off-road adventures. I have an F150 for camping/kayaking and plan to keep my truck and camper. I could consider using the Bronco for both camping and kayaking, but the F150 is better equipped for my camping/kayaking needs.

F150.jpg

Camper.jpg
I would probably get the panoramic sunroof to make it feel like a more open air experience. So I dont know if anything could go on the roof. And a higher trim like the lariat/king ranch for the ventilated seats and nice interior.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would probably get the panoramic sunroof to make it feel like a more open air experience. So I dont know if anything could go on the roof. And a higher trim like the lariat/king ranch for the ventilated seats and nice interior.
I chose the Lariat trim so I could get the supercab. That gave me more bed space. I also ordered the tow mirrors and 36 gallon fuel tank. My two kayaks are long and needed to ride on the cab with my camper in tow. My camper is 4 season and off grid. I camp 12 months each year in northern Maine. The F150 can handle those demands.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In my opinion, the best factory camping/off-road vehicle currently offered is a Ram Power Wagon with Ramboxes. Tons of storage, plenty of capability both on and offroad and towing and the best part is it's basically the same price or less as a new loaded out Bronco or F150 (even less if you go tradesman). Front and rear lockers, disco sway bar and even a standard integrated winch. The new tranny even gets MPGs up to about 15 or 16 mpg.

Just think of it as a half ton when shopping it. It basically has the same width and length dimensions as an F150. Sure it can't tow or carry as much as standard 3/4 tons but that's not it's built purpose. Best all around, do everything truck. Blows away the Ford Tremor in offroad ability and drive comfort. The best deal is a tradesman power wagon, best bang for your buck of any off-road vehicle out there if you don't need the newest tech and bells and whistles. You should seriously research/drive on for what you are shopping.

I traded in my F15O for my power wagon two years ago and couldn't be happier with it.

Best of both worlds, buy the truck now and the bronco later once the kinks are worked out!

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I considered the same as you. But after seeing a 2021 in person, I decided to get a 2020 instead. The exterior looks off

Sponsored

zw470

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I wanted an F-150 I'd get a 2020, the 2021 looks almost as bad as the new Silverado ?

scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just went through the build and price for a 2021 F150.... Man, whoever said "I can get exactly what I want" compared to the Bronco was right. Everything but taking the doors and roof off.

I'm thankful for all the competition in the truck market-- pretty incredible vehicles.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like the 2021 F150, especially the Tremor, saw some photos today I hadn't seen before, it looks pretty good, and has some great off road additions.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So long story short the lady and I dont do much off-roading. We just enjoy hiking and camping or taking the kids kayaking/fishing. The more and more I see the new F150 I start to wonder if it will be a better camping rig than the Bronco. Especially because of the concerns with the roof racks/vehicle weight with the Bronco. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?
Yes the F150 would be exceptionally better at camping. Far more room, far more weight capacity.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd think the Ranger (with Tremor package) would be a more likely substitute from a size standpoint. I wouldn't want to drive something as huge as an F150 all the time

Sponsored

wa2be

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm planning to go with the best of both worlds. Currently driving a '20 F150 STX and my wife is in a '09 Pilot. She likes the new Bronco enough that we are planning for it to replace her Pilot eventually. Can't swing another new car right now, so we will be shopping lease-return Broncos in 3-5 years. I grew up on a farm and appreciate the usefulness of a pickup, couldn't imagine living without one. Adding a Bronco to the garage will be a nice option that gives us everything we need for any and all outdoor adventures.

mrf_pa

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As many have stated, different tools for different situations. My F150 pretty much will go anywhere, but it is way too long for small trails and rock crawling (I'm sure there are true off road types that may disagree with that). From a cost point of view, I have a feeling that there will be purchase discount and financing incentives on the F150 and Ranger long before we see any on the Bronco. So it is possible that you can get more truck for less $$.
Sponsored