First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I traded in the Mustang a couple months ago anticipating that I'd have to suck it up and drive the wife's old car for 6 months while waiting for my bronco. With the recent e-mails that could be a lot longer.

I ordered the Bronco because:
A) I like Fords
B) it has a stick-shift

Therefore the only two vehicles I would consider from Ford are a Mustang or a Bronco.
So who else makes something that isn't a joyless suck to drive?

Mustang
Camero (downside = Chevy)
Challenger

Tacoma
Wrangler (downside = FCA)
Crostrek (underpowered)

I really wish Ford would bring back the notchback styling on the Mustang, I always disliked the fastback. My Last 3 mustangs were all convertibles for this reason. What am I missing? I need to find somthing to drive for a couple years before Ford actually decides to build Broncos.
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

VW is still happily tossing manuals in both the GTI and Golf R, and as driver-focused cars go, nothing comes even remotely close on bang-for-buck than a GTI. it's been on C&D 10 best for 15+ years for a reason.

Don't just take my word for it, Jeremy Clarkson's daily driver for many years was....a Golf GTI.

The Civic SI and Type R are also fun, and you get a Honda to boot, so it'll never leave you stranded, no matter what.

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded in the Mustang a couple months ago anticipating that I'd have to suck it up and drive the wife's old car for 6 months while waiting for my bronco. With the recent e-mails that could be a lot longer.

I ordered the Bronco because:
A) I like Fords
B) it has a stick-shift

Therefore the only two vehicles I would consider from Ford are a Mustang or a Bronco.
So who else makes something that isn't a joyless suck to drive?

Mustang
Camero (downside = Chevy)
Challenger

Tacoma
Wrangler (downside = FCA)
Crostrek (underpowered)

I really wish Ford would bring back the notchback styling on the Mustang, I always disliked the fastback. My Last 3 mustangs were all convertibles for this reason. What am I missing? I need to find somthing to drive for a couple years before Ford actually decides to build Broncos.
I feel you. I want a manual SUV and there are not that many options out there unfortunately. I have been thinking about changing my MIC top for a soft given the latest news but I hate having to compromise on a $50K purchase.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Amen! Bronco wouldnā€™t even have been an option for me without the manual. I vow to buy new manuals as long as theyā€™re available. Nothing beats the driver engagement and enjoyment of a manual. My current car is a 2018 GTI and honestly I donā€™t know how another vehicle could do so many things so well. Iā€™m excited to have a manual bronco regardless of what top it comes with.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Too bad they this isnā€™t offered in America. You can row your own in a Jimny.

Ford Bronco Bronco Vs. anything else with a Manual 1624770620342

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VW is still happily tossing manuals in both the GTI and Golf R, and as driver-focused cars go, nothing comes even remotely close on bang-for-buck than a GTI. it's been on C&D 10 best for 15+ years for a reason.

Don't just take my word for it, Jeremy Clarkson's daily driver for many years was....a Golf GTI.

The Civic SI and Type R are also fun, and you get a Honda to boot, so it'll never leave you stranded, no matter what.
For some reason, I picture you driving this thing. I assume itā€™s stick shift too, but with a hot dog wiener...

Ford Bronco Bronco Vs. anything else with a Manual 5F962357-8B14-4BA2-9C3E-EB77F50E4C4E

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say get a Tacoma, but the manual drives like a 1985 tractor compared to even my 2015 Passat TDI 6MT. I ended up with a 2021 Tacoma automatic, although I had to chop my balls off to buy the slush box. My size 16 feet were too big to drive the manual, there is a clutch pedal bracket under the dashboard that was a deal breaker.

I had my 87 Bronco with the T-18 manual for 23 years. I also wouldnā€™t consider a Bronco that wasnā€™t manual transmission.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Maize27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove an STI a couple years ago and liked it. I'm with you. Has to have a stick. Heard great things about the GTI but I want the extra space. I really wish Ford put a manual in the Ranger.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I assume you left out the Gladiator for a good reason? Perhaps it falls into the "joyless suck" category?

Deleted member 20241

Amen! Bronco wouldnā€™t even have been an option for me without the manual. I vow to buy new manuals as long as theyā€™re available. Nothing beats the driver engagement and enjoyment of a manual. My current car is a 2018 GTI and honestly I donā€™t know how another vehicle could do so many things so well. Iā€™m excited to have a manual bronco regardless of what top it comes with.
yes yes and YES!

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume you left out the Gladiator for a good reason?
Because I keep forgetting that the "Wrangler with a pickup bed" has a different name. ;)

Hmnn. Tacoma won't actually fit in my garage. It's two foot longer than a Mustang. Ok, technically it will fit, but there wouldn't be enough room to actually get through the door to the house. (1999 construction = 20 ft garage)

4-door Bronco is actually only 189" long. I just hate the Idea of paying an extra $8000 to downgrade to the soft top.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really wish Ford would bring back the notchback styling on the Mustang, I always disliked the fastback. My Last 3 mustangs were all convertibles for this reason.
I just threw up a little šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

VW killed the Golf R in the US this year šŸ˜„
You're right about the GTI though, my RS was more fun but my GTI was easier to live with every day and a lot less money.
Sponsored