First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Velocity Blue BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll be moving from a 2015 Fiesta ST to the new Bronco, also manual and an incredible/underrated car from Ford. Honestly pretty sad I don’t have the garage space to keep both, and equally sad they no longer sell them in the states 😭
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be moving from a 2015 Fiesta ST to the new Bronco, also manual and an incredible/underrated car from Ford. Honestly pretty sad I don’t have the garage space to keep both, and equally sad they no longer sell them in the states 😭
Agreed. I’ve never had a car bring a smile to my face quite like the Focus ST I had to sell. I heard the Fiesta was even better.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BMW offered the X5 in a manual transmission up until 2007, I believe the X3 as well. How do y'all handle driving a manual in traffic, I had a 1980 911sc manual and it was great to drive until I was in the city and having to do the heel toe and or handbrake thing on the steep as hills. We recently sold our manual S4 and I do miss it. I went for the automatic Bronco for these reasons.
Moya, traffic isn't bad. To me it's worthwhile for the involvement, control and the overall connection in driving a manual. My wife used to make fun of me when I daily drove my GT500. The clutch is stiff, and my left calf was more developed. A subaru clutch and I'm hoping a bronco clutch won't be the same leg day workout.

20210621_075253.jpg

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you driven a Gladiator with the 3.73s? Looking for a comparison here. It sucks to admit it, but the Gladiator Mojave with the 6M is my fallback from the Bronco I have on order.
I didn’t, and I wouldn’t. Wanted the deeper gears. I liked everything about it, but I don’t mind Jeeps. I kept my reservation, and ordered the Mojave on 6-10. It should be at the dealer this week. Big discount, received a fortune for my paid off F-150 in trade (which was part of my motivation). Plus now I can order a Mansquatch for 2022. I Couldn’t be happier!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Moya, traffic isn't bad. To me it's worthwhile for the involvement, control and the overall connection in driving a manual. My wife used to make fun of me when I daily drove my GT500. The clutch is stiff, and my left calf was more developed. A subaru clutch and I'm hoping a bronco clutch won't be the same leg day workout.

Ford Bronco Bronco Vs. anything else with a Manual 20210621_075253
The Bronco clutch has been reviewed as pretty much too light. So no calf problems there!

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't get over the looks of the Jeep's, that narrow front and those giant fenders, just not for me. Get a temporary vehicle until your Bronco eventually arrives, one that will hold its value.
That would be a Taco

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would be a Taco
I was seriously considering a Taco, then I read the overall length. It WILL fit in the garage, but not with enough room to actually enter the house. It's 2-ft longer than a Mustang or a 4-door bronco (which is within or half inch of a 'Stang surprisingly)

Stupid late 90's home construction.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was seriously considering a Taco, then I read the overall length. It WILL fit in the garage, but not with enough room to actually enter the house. It's 2-ft longer than a Mustang or a 4-door bronco (which is within or half inch of a 'Stang surprisingly)

Stupid late 90's home construction.
Did you check both the short wheelbase too?

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you check both the short wheelbase too?
Access cab (with 6 ft bed) or Quad (with 5 ft) are the same length 212 1/2 inches.
Wall to door is 232" so it technically fits. But loose 2" from the garage door handle, so if you park perfectly that's only 18" between the front wall and your bumper. That's just too tight for practicality.
And to get even that much space, I have to move my reloading bench.

I'm leaning towards, find a used manual xTerra and drive it until mid 22 or whenever Ford actually builds my 2-door.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m on my 3rd new Wrx STi since 2007…AWD, turbo boxer, Manual, hydraulic steering, amazing grip, cheap to mod, tons of aftermarket and mine were all very reliable. There aren’t many cars like this anymore. I had my 2011 for 10 years making 400 wheel torque on E85. Roof rack and fold flat rear seats and STi are very practical except for the mpg which isn’t impressive.

Ford Bronco Bronco Vs. anything else with a Manual 5F38768F-9F84-4A8C-985F-A82F0B5F6EA9

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Given today's new reality, I'm leaning into a 2015-2018 Mustang Hard Top.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I currently have a Honda Accord 2.0 Sport in a six speed. I've owned a lot of manual Accords in my life. They're shockingly great all around cars. Sorta fun to drive (compared to other cars in that class, at least) and they're good quality, reliable, easy to work on, etc.

I also have a Subaru Crosstrek with a stick. It's also fun to drive in its own weird way, but yeah... the lack of power is the reason I plan to trade it on a Bronco. Ford's inclusion of the manual in the Bronco is 100% the reason I'm buying one.

I have an '05 Wrangler with a six speed. It's absolutely terrible to drive, but its awfulness is sort of its charm. I'll keep it forever. My 1986 Nissan Hardbody pickup with a five speed is like driving a sports car compared to the Wrangler...

My wife has one of the new Civics with a six speed. It's awesome for just a cheap scoot-around-town car.

As far as dedicated offroaders go, if it weren't for the Bronco I'd probably just buy something old and do a custom build. For $40k+, I could probably have a shop create me the world's greatest Isuzu Amigo or something. If the Bronco delays go on much longer, I might more seriously start considering that...

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say get a Tacoma, but the manual drives like a 1985 tractor compared to even my 2015 Passat TDI 6MT. I ended up with a 2021 Tacoma automatic, although I had to chop my balls off to buy the slush box. My size 16 feet were too big to drive the manual, there is a clutch pedal bracket under the dashboard that was a deal breaker.

I had my 87 Bronco with the T-18 manual for 23 years. I also wouldn’t consider a Bronco that wasn’t manual transmission.

I know exactly what this guy is talking about, but there is still hope. URD sells a "short throw" kit for the manual Tacoma. It is easy to install from inside the cab and makes shifting feel less like a 10-speed semi and more like a sports car. It has truly been my favorite mod.

Foot size can be a problem when clutching. I have to be careful how I wire my accessories... as the toe of my 12ee boot ripped out the backup camera feed that I soldered in for my new head unit and ran underneath the dash.

Last edited:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just threw up a little 🤢🤢

VW killed the Golf R in the US this year 😥
You're right about the GTI though, my RS was more fun but my GTI was easier to live with every day and a lot less money.
the golf R is back! and with a stick shift

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not a 5-speed 5.0 notch foxbody? Can pick them up cheap. I've had mine for 25 years and it's still my favorite car to drive.
Sponsored