First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty happy with the look of the Chevy Blazer. It should be an awesome EV SUV which will leverage lots of innovations from the Lyriq which has an interior that makes the Tesla look "yestertech". And the current version of the Blazer is selling very well.

Naming is not a big deal to me. Maverick and Mustang Mach E are not 2 door cars. By the way, NEITHER ARE MOST BRONCOS!

Why do we draw the line at cars but not Broncos when we "look down on" 4 door vehicles?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Mach-E looks plenty like a Mustang, I think, lots of design cues. It's about brand recognition, what the enthusiast crowd "thinks" a particular nameplate should look like really doesn't matter.
The Mach E is an SUV which is not what a Mustang is or ever was.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been a lifelong Chevy guy which may not make sense given that I am a new owner of a '22 BL SAS 7-spd but with what Chevy has done to the Blazer namesake, I just could not take it any longer. See below: an early Blazer vs today's Blazer. After pasting the two images into this thread, I want to cry.

This article reminded my of what I felt when Chevy introduced the 'new Blazer' a few years back. What an atrocity. Hey Chevy: the world doesn't need another bland, fake-off road, "driving appliance"...I've already got a dishwasher....thanks though.

Aside from the new 'Vette, there are precisely zero product lines holding that company together. What a shame. The Bronco will only aid in Ford eating Chevy's lunch for the next decade and beyond. I'm stoked to be in camp Blue Oval for the first time!!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2024-chevy-blazer-ev-photo/

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Blazer: Death of the Bowtie giphy

VS

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Blazer: Death of the Bowtie giphy
No argument, all that General Motors has done is used Photoshop to scale the Equinox bigger and smaller to generate new vehicles. Minimal differentiation between products.

Sponsored

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the same way with the "Bronco Sport" they should have used another name for that model. I'm tired of trying to explain to people that those aren't really Bronco's.
At least with that there is a history with the all so awesome Bronco ||

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My roots go back to 4 wheeling with my best friend in the late 70's and early 80's. I had a 70 Ford Bronco, modified 302, 3 on the tree and he had a 71 Chevy Blazer 350, automatic, headers, etc. We had so much fun back in the day doing some real 4 wheeling, testing our vehicles to the limit- hill climbs, muddy trails, river crossings, etc. It was so fun, I will always remember. That's why I just had to have my Bronco Sasquatch. Driving it is such an immense feeling- like going back in time, reminding me of that awesome 70 Bronco. Chevy could have made a retro Blazer and should have years ago. It was late in the game, even for the retro Bronco, with the major changeover to EV's. The Bronco just barely made it. I can see why it's so hard to justify investing and tooling any more gas vehicles - especially now- with gas prices rising into the stratosphere with no end in sight.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very good point. That Mach-E thing is just craziness. If Carroll Shelby was still alive, he'd have called in an airstrike... LOL!!
I'm kind of shocked Ford didn't resurrect the Thunderbird nameplate for their first big EV.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very good point. That Mach-E thing is just craziness. If Carroll Shelby was still alive, he'd have called in an airstrike... LOL!!
Its called marketing genius

IMO there is nothing wrong with expanding the Mustang lineup-the coupe market keeps shrinking and shrinking.

I'd rather have a Mustang that performs like a Mustang, even if it doesn't have two doors.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do we draw the line at cars but not Broncos when we "look down on" 4 door vehicles?
Apples to oranges. A 2 or 4 door Bronco is still the basic same machine built for the same purpose. A Mustang Sports Car vs a Mach E SUV, not even close.

Marketing genius, more like marketing stupidity.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apples to oranges. A 2 or 4 door Bronco is still the basic same machine built for the same purpose. A Mustand Sports Car vs a Mach E SUV, not even close.

Marketing genius, more like marketing stupidity.
But yet the Mach E performs similar to the Mustang and the Mach E GT is actually faster then the GT500 0-60....

It might not handle as well, but it will still handle better then a Bronco ;)

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been a lifelong Chevy guy which may not make sense given that I am a new owner of a '22 BL SAS 7-spd but with what Chevy has done to the Blazer namesake, I just could not take it any longer. See below: an early Blazer vs today's Blazer. After pasting the two images into this thread, I want to cry.

This article reminded my of what I felt when Chevy introduced the 'new Blazer' a few years back. What an atrocity. Hey Chevy: the world doesn't need another bland, fake-off road, "driving appliance"...I've already got a dishwasher....thanks though.

Aside from the new 'Vette, there are precisely zero product lines holding that company together. What a shame. The Bronco will only aid in Ford eating Chevy's lunch for the next decade and beyond. I'm stoked to be in camp Blue Oval for the first time!!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2024-chevy-blazer-ev-photo/

1655148821549.png

VS

1655149180979.png
I viewed the intro of the new "Blazer" with disgust a few years back. The true Blazer struggled on as the rebranded Tahoe for 4 years until the restyling in 2000 when the 2 door was dropped. There was a new-styled "Sonora", but only south of the border.

GM can only make up for this tragedy by engineering a new 2-door Tahoe Z-71 with the front and rear locking differentials they are touting on the Silverados.

Still won't hang with the Bronco, betcha.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can see why it's so hard to justify investing and tooling any more gas vehicles - especially now- with gas prices rising into the stratosphere with no end in sight.
Don‘t worry, ICE will make a comeback when logic prevails and we realize our electrical grid can’t handle an EV in every driveway and all the windmills/solar panels in the world can’t possibly power them anyway. Our technology is just not there yet. Fuel cells will be the answer someday.
Sponsored